1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche gt3 cup Iracing vs AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Hany, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Togomies

Togomies Gamer

I'm slow af myself especially at Nordschleife, but the higher wing vs. lower wing isn't just me but also few Finn's I've been driving with and who are actually fast agree. That's from iRacing that I've been driving more last week and I intially had the same feeling in Assetto Corsa when I tried it after iRacing, would need more setup testing to know 100% sure myself how it works in AC but in iRacing I'm sure higher wing is better.

2. Im using 3 wing now... Can go flat 47' but iR's Q format for this week is actually cancer so Im not very motivated to do so lol. Sprint races on Nords are terrible anyway.

Togomies likes this.
  3. Togomies

Togomies Gamer

Yeah, they need to change the Q format, this ultimate lap hunt isn't a good system. The races have been surprisingly good tho. Btw have you tried higher wing than that?

4. No, especially for Nords however which is a low DF track I don't think it'd be worth it. It's also a balance thing, with "3" it's fine. Maybe on a tighter track more would work.

5. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

youre making a fool of yourself with those commentaries, you better have 6000 irating to back that **** up or be a professional race driver, otherwise youre just another iracing fan babling out crap....

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I think a certain someone here should watch his tongue - don't expect nice responses with those types of comments. Learn how to lead a discussion.

7. Togomies

Togomies Gamer

I'm not amazing driver myself, 5k iRating and midpack driver in top splits at best but as fast driver as Hany is I still trust more on the feedback from irl drivers and drivers who have driven the car in the sim more than him. Him using the wing setting of 1 and struggling with the tyre wear tells his comparison is pretty rushed, so is mine as I haven't gone into the setups of the car in AC that much but what I can tell about Hany's findings is that he hasn't properly dig into it and he could have found a fix for everything he's complaining if he didn't rush it. Maybe my post also came up harsher than I meant it to be. Certainly some replies after my first post didn't help, it's like some people here thinks Hany knows everything after driving few laps with the car in iRacing. Anyway I don't want to start a war here but to discuss about the differences and/or similarity of the two versions of the car and wanted to fix few things I saw were wrong.

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I guess the absurd amount of camber is also the reason why you can get this car (and the GT3 R) to lock up the front left and rear right at the same time while the other two are still turning. :confused:
    (and vice versa, of course)

9. Roble

Roble Gamer

Will we see you for season 7 at ACRL Hany?

10. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I often get confused when someone says something like, "I ran those laps with 2.5 degrees of negative camber". Is he talking about the adjustable slider set to -2.5°? Or does he mean that the vehicle was showing -2.5° in the Car Status window?

You're surprised that the vast majority of people who spend a portion of their personal time on the official Assetto Corsa forums are fans of the sim? :rolleyes: Why else would we be here, of course, including those who occasionally require help. This is a Help/Support Forum after all. As far as dissenting opinions, I believe the forum mods & Kunos staff are quite generous in the way that they allow us to talk about other sims in their forums. It's a sign of confidence that they don't have to fear conversation about another title. They know they have a very good product and they're not afraid to compliment other developers when they do a good job with their titles as well. No one has ever gotten banned from these forums for liking another title more than AC. People do get banned for being dicks about it. I'm not calling you a dick...I'm just saying that they are the furthest thing from being Ban Happy, regardless of what banned people will tell you. Of course, in their eyes they did nothing wrong at all. :rolleyes:

Is that the Reddit AC league? Are there multiple divisions in that league based on skill?

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Me too. A lot of people don't seem to realise what the numbers of the right side of the setup screen mean and assume for all settings the slider is the actual value instead of a range influencing the actual value. I never had an issue with it myself but hearing that others have I suppose it can be a bit confusing that some values are shown on the slider and some elsewhere.

ALB123 likes this.
  12. Whilst personally I have no issue, I often wonder if Kunos would be better getting rid of the left values altogether, and perhaps have the slider buttons right next to the actual values. That way there is no confusion.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  13. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Hmmm...I think I like your idea. In that regard, for something like Camber, instead of having the slider on the left go from -2.5° to 1.0° (I'm just making up an example) the slider could just increase negative camber by clicking/sliding it to the left and decrease negative camber by clicking/sliding it to the right. Just like the number line below, but without the numbers (clicking left is negative, right is positive):
    [​IMG]
    Or, instead of a slider type of adjuster you could have just two buttons. One with a minus sign (-) and one with a positive sign (+).

garyjpaterson likes this.
  14. Yeah I was thinking just the +- Sign, either side of the actual value. Only problem I can think of is its easier to lose track of how much of a change you make, making keeping setups symmetrical might be marginally more difficult.

Having a symmetry check box would solve that though...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    ALB123 likes this.
  15. This would be best not to be confusing. I think this is also what gary suggested.

16. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

Looks like i am one of those dumba**...i wondered why i cannot go more then -3.8 on the front on the Cup...

Schnipp and kofotsjanne like this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Except that there still is because the values on the right don't correspond to a flat ground and thus could lead people to think that the effect of changing the values on each side is different.

Schnipp likes this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The thing is that the slider is supposed to represent the actual range to adjust and show the change you made while the actual values can be influenced by other stuff. Making it all one slider would be more confusing than it is now.

bondyboy and mms like this.
  19. Ver-ry interesting video about the Cup car in general.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Orne, DaveS78, baboon and 1 other person like this.
  20. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

My effort in iRacing. Will do one in AC although with my OSW wheel I'm finding getting a good feel at the wheel tricky in AC. Will be doing some tests to sort it out.

BBernes likes this.