1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC, Private Lobbies Update and Special Events

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

So for you private lobbies on console = password protected server on pc?

One more thing you're wrong about. Stefano makes the programming on the AC software and Aris does the physics for the cars from the real data (unless the car needs Stefano to program new stuff for the physics). So after the DLCs are released on PC, the console devs port them to xbox1 and ps4, not Stefano nor Aris.
    The private lobbies are made by Stefano (I know because he used twitter to say on what he's been working on and he mentioned the console lobbies). Therefore one thing doesn't stop the other, since different devs are porting the dlcs to console and a different dev is doing the lobbies.

JIJDAN and kofotsjanne like this.
  2. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

By password protected server you mean the choice of any car, any track with full control over settings, then yes. I can tell you've played a lot of console racing lately, these things work exactly the same way except instead of passwords you invite friends to your lobby, the randoms can't get in. Different method, same result, and a result already available on almost every other racing game, no miracles or cutting edge technology being requested here. Anyone who thinks console players are going to pay more for the feature when they also pay MS/PS for the Gold/PS Plus services already is badly mistaken.

I don't remember making any claim about who does what so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be wrong about. The Lord himself replied to me to tell me he 'has little to do with console version' and boy does it show. The Lord has control of the resources and he decides what to do with them, well he does for a little while longer at least.

I'm sure you've earned your Defender of AC badge by now, I hope they send it in the post to you. I look forward to your next set of flawed arguments.

Brett Nagle and Maxx69 like this.
  3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Just because password protected servers exist on PC since the game was released doesn't mean they can just port it to Console but most likely they have to program everything from scratch to create private lobbies for consoles. However porting content from pc to console is way more straight forward than porting server creation on pc to private lobbies on console. And I doubt they can even port such a thing, but actually build the private lobbies functionality from scratch. And next week is going into QA testing.

Of course you didn't, you said that instead of working on private lobbies and other features they are just pushing paid dlc. You are clearly wrong here, because the paid DLCs were already done and released for PC, therefore the console devs only need to port them. Which is a very different thing to actually having to code fixes, new features, and private lobbies. And this last part is done by different devs. And I really doubt porting the content to console from pc takes months, but creating game updates does take months. So you are saying that they spend most of their time pushing paid dlcs, when obviously (I thought it was an obvious thing...) game updates are what take longer since all the content was previously done for PC, so the only time they "lose" with paid dlcs for console is just the porting part of it (and special events creation/difficulty balance), while game updates for consoles require more work time.

@P73 likes this.
  4. I_Leak_Oil

I_Leak_Oil Rookie

Over the moon with this news, can't wait for private lobbies.

Thank you very much Assetto Corsa team

It took a while to reset my password etc as I don't really post and I am sure there are many many more like me who stay quiet but rest assured we are extremely grateful for such a great game and team of people behind it.

Have a great weekend.

Steve

5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

You seem to know who is responsible for what in dev team, please could you tell me who is responsible for game setups saving on Xbox. It hasn't worked for 6 months, tune car save it to a track give it a name. Turn console back on next day setup vanished. So far 505 games and Kunos have turned into ostriches and buried there heads in the sand on some Italian beach. Problem what problem please report to our dedicated support team.

So could the next dlc on Xbox please contain all the fixes to the basic game, like the save system, and some extra fps would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

MBK72 likes this.
  6. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

Hey Kunos - do you think you could please change up the console online servers again? There are many cars we cannot race and some that there is only one track. Would be really nice to get the Lotus 2-eleven as a single make for online racing.. or put the MX-5 Cup on a different track, its been the same one for weeks. Really anything to change it up a bit.

Great news that the update to the console online system is moving forward though.

Donald_Trump2016 and Lewisxbone like this.
  7. @P73

@P73 Simracer

I'm still savouring the good news for which I had been long waiting and now I see the likes of you, ranting and screaming even when obvious progress has been made. The game on console is already more than good enough and is still getting better with every update; this is a fact. If it takes 4 or 5 months for other small missing items to come, it's still worth waiting, as the game's core strenghts clearly justify it.

If you disagree and feel too bored to wait for small trinkets to be on console, just keep to the more complete PC version meanwhile, as I see you also have a Steam account; Or else, if there's also anything on the PC version that annoys you, just give up and take a walk from the game. Let the rest of us who enjoy the game like it in peace, without all this dramatic rantings typical of trade union's agitators.

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

9. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Ranting and screaming oh yes lots of that here.

10. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

:D now you are just making laugh. If it is so easy to 'port' across why was the complete PC game not ported in the first place, if it had been none of these problems would exist. Please name another game that launched in early access on PC solved the majority of bugs and then launched the early access version on console to repeat the same bugs again and again and again.

Don't worry I get it, you love AC and can see no wrong in anything they do. I can see both the good and the deep flaws. As others have found it is a good idea to actually try the console game before you make comparisons.

I'll repeat, why genuine criticism by people who buy and play the game upsets you some other on this forum is a question you really need to ask yourselves.

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Bro do you even read? I said is easy to port cars and tracks from pc to console compared to creating new features such as private lobbies.

Saying they only push for more paid dlcs instead of bringing new features and fixing bugs is genuine criticism? I think they've been doing both and not just one like you say; bringing content to console already released for PC + game updates for the console is = to only doing paid dlcs? Think dude, think. Is a pity you're just throwing names (like calling me a fanboy) only to make people think what you post is valid when in reality you have no sense of what is developing a game this size.

Is ok to tell the devs what is bugged, what is wrong, what is missing so they work on the things the community needs to play the game in conditions, but saying one doesn't invalidate the other. People ask for both content and game updates. - What I'm telling you is that it's easier to port content (cars and tracks) already released for PC as fixing bugs and creating new features takes more time. Can you understand this point? I never told you to not report bugs, missing features, or criticize the game, but at least do it fairly.

The usual devs are responsible for the game programming/bug fixing. If they haven't fixed setups saving in a long time it means it wasn't reported to them as a high priority bug, or they actually can't reproduce and is a bug that happens on particular systems/console hard drives.

12. Kribbio

Kribbio Guest

I hope to see some fixes on the next patch..
    For example rear wing settings for the F1 cars..

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

JIJDAN, Donnced2 and ZX636 like this.
  13. Turbocharl

Turbocharl Hardcore Simmer

Just my two cents of what minimum requirements we need with
    private lobbies to run on-line championships.
    Track Select
    Car Select
    Number of laps
    Traction control on/off
    ABS on/off
    Tuning allowed yes/no
    Qualifying time allowed

14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Add to this list :

Track limits fixed
    Better penalty system
    False starts
    Pit cheat fixed
    Full replays
    Be able to save them
    UDP applications compatibility
    Framerate stuttering improved

Donald_Trump2016, Henry_T23 and MBK72 like this.
  15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

16. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Post by Massarutto: Free content car on the new track (for February?)

He apologises it's not a SUV this time.

16402872_10208158694719058_3676430832157705868_o.jpg

16251573_10208158694679057_2393455377691632546_o.jpg

16179766_10208158751480477_140142486049170203_o.jpg

17. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

So how will it work technically? Will Kunos provide Servers where people can create sessions on? Or will the server be created on player side, like ded server creation on pc, which requires a certain internet speed/bandwith?

18. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

no because pushing dlc out first is more important

Donnced2, ppbucko and MBK72 like this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats my guess. If the game struggle to keep a good framerate already it would be even worse if someone had to host it on their own machine. Or does the console work different to a pc in that way that it already have some cores/memory dedicated to things like that?

20. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

P Cars works like that, works ok fps is better on p cars and that's with the full weather system in operation. It doesn't work as well when people join a session, it drops the frame rate to 0 sometimes for a few seconds and everyone has crashed when restarted. Not a problem though when in a private lobby. frame rate drops on assetto as well when someone joins party chat.