1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Berry

Berry Alien

Hmm, regarding the graphics, maybe it's just me, but "in-car" for me AC looks much better than Project Cars.PC and PC2 seem to be way too shiny and IN YOUR FACE, look at all these effects and all this glitter, meh, can't concentrate and race properly, it doesn't look natural to me, as impressive as it may be.

Salad Fingers, Schnipp, Horus and 2 others like this.
  2. LOEVG

LOEVG Racer

Not really. I meant what I said. I have been playing Project Cars from late 2012 till late 2015, but I simply couldn't stand the bad physics in that game.. One of the reasons I switched to AC ;-)

Horus likes this.
  3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Dat last scene with a Jaaaag. Visually it is insane. Seasons and water - love.

But physics.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes. I want my sims to look real and natural rather than being like a GPU tech demo.

Graphically Dirt Rally does "real" very well imo.

M96, Horus, vegaguy 5555 and 3 others like this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Where it doesn't look natural ? That Jaguar shot at Monza is super natural.

6. dad marley

dad marley Rookie

Building an engine from the ground up is not a virtue. The SMS graphics engine was built up over many past games such as Shift 1/2 and the Ferrari game, each iteration with new features. The ISI physics evolved from Sports Car GT. The iRacing physics from... you know which games.

Nowadays, building an engine at all might not even be a virtue. Especially the graphics part.

kro likes this.
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

I don't play a sim for the graphics. Even though AC has the best cockpits I have seen. :)

Jebus, xela1 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

I feel the same about all the mirror finish on all sim racing games. I know they are shiny at the start of the race, but by the end you need to sand blast those sucker to get the Unicorn gunk off of them.

9. Horus

Horus Alien

Still without competition there is no progression. I wish them luck, but I hope they do what they promised this time what they did not last. It is such a pretty game, but wow what a mess when it comes to racing. IN MY OPINION (which means nothing, I just race).

edit: Tonight I joined seven servers and did not get to race a full session. Has AC been released on a bundle service? It was total chaos, STREET FIGHTER SERVER WAS EMPTY :(

Edit of an edit: If Kunos is sold we will not see this dedication to a sim in a long time. It makes me sad to see one of the greatest sim designers walk away. AC 2 will be a mystery without some of the greatest sim racing coders out there. Such a shame, I have followed this journey with Kunos since NetKar. :( :( :(

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  10. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

thanks Berry for posting, I do hope they ditched the 1001 different ffb options like they did in pc1.

Might pick it up when it comes into the bargain basement.
    Cant say I`ve had my moneys worth in pc1, compared to AC 1000 hours and counting.

Octane and colombianomd like this.
  11. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I have to say, the part where the RX cars were jumping, that to me looked pretty real, let's hope the physics really do improve. Graphically....woh. Wow.

12. Orne

Orne Alien

Pcars is vying for that Gran Turismo crown, thats where the big money is at. I'll be surprised if there is a dramatic shift in their current FFB or physics engine. Most people out there I would argue don't want real world physics, they want something they can drive that is plausibly real and more importantly boosts their ego and self esteem with the least amount of effort.

The 'leaked' trailed looks good although I will be surprised of half the advances we are seeing make it in the final version. Typically with trailers you overshoot with the visual brag then the closer to release date you pull back and show the game as it will actually run on most systems.

The current version of pCars still has automated pit road driving.. roll eyes... and serious replay interface issues. Live for Speed which came out in 2007 allows you to scan through a replay where as pCars does not! eh ??????

Its a shame really, all that effort into the visuals and they drop the ball everywhere else. Take AC physics and tyre model and drop it into a sim with graphics of this calibre (pCars2), now that would be something amazing ! Although I don't see it happening as the masses want the illusion of realism and real world driving (but with hand holding in the background)

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, AC interiors do look much nicer.

I'm not holding out any hope for better driving physics in the sequel; SMS is secure in their "advanced physics simulation". I think you're correct about it slotting into the GT/Forza pocket quite well and some of those players may progress to better Sim's eventually.

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Looks pretty....I believe that yellow Ferrari was a 288 GTO? However, I'm still unhappy the way the Ford Boss 302R was represented in PCars1 though(I own a Boss 302 LS so I was pretty disappointed), so like others have mentioned, unless they improved the physics then I will try to do better with fending the young ones in my inner circle off and wait for a good sale if the reviews are decent....AC#1

15. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

looking forward to pcars 2, looks like they are going in the forza,gt path with but doing a better job and i hope pcars 2 will crush forza and gt.

arthur666 likes this.
  16. konnos

konnos Simracer

You ve seen a video and you deducted that they are going for a Forza approach. The sim community is beyond me sometimes. Just wait for the damn thing to release and then make your judgement. They are just showcasing some of their tech in this demo video, like the changing weather, changing wind (which is assumed to have an effect on top speed etc and dirt build-up on the cars.

kro, Cameltotem, nate and 1 other person like this.
  17. Andrex

Andrex Gamer

I will never buy PCars again, does'nt matter how good it looks, the AI was a pain

18. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

As pCars was the title that introduced me to simracing, I'm kind of looking forward to this. Surely won't buy it upon release or as a pre-order though and instead wait for some trustworthy reviews.
    After having switched to AC and AMS I didn't really felt the need to get back to pCars just because the driving felt underwhelming and there aren't too many features that would compensate for that. However I can't understand how anyone would prefer AC's graphics over pCars's. Yeah, at times it was eye candy overload, but there were quite a few graphic options where you were able to tone those down to a more natural level. But blaming them for using some cineastic stuff for a trailer is something I don't understand.
    I'm a bit concerned about driving though. They didn't nail driving feel on circuits in pC1 and with all the new surfaces added I doubt they are going to make major improvements here. Seems like an typical SMS approach. Add lots of standalone features but lacking at connecting those features. Kind of what happened in pCars 1 as well. They simulated a lot of features even on release but those simply didn't really seem to work well when combined in the resulting car.

Also with the new surfaces I kind of doubt that they are going to have a clear focus this time. pCars had tons of different cars but similarly to AC lots of cars didn't have competitors and with more types of racing I don't think they are going to improve on that.

Right now I doubt pCars 2 will be "my" type of game, but we'll see what happens and how it will turn out.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. plaid

plaid Alien

dp

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  20. plaid

plaid Alien

Looks Good. I think graphics Are not the only reason why People like pcars and prefer it. I dont want to Boost my ego - Most People dont want that - but i want to have fun, more Series than just gt3, several Features - relevant for sims like offline endurance with multiclassand - and a Atmosphere that Nails it and not like in ac or rf2 Thats on par with... tetris or Something. Also a career Worth the Name. That doesnt exclude simulation value, which Sounds like a ego thing in some posts btw, its a matter of the Budget and will and capabilities of the studio.

So i Hope they improve the physics and ffb to at least raceroom Level - but also the Horrible ai needs work.
    Also 30 Cars on the nords Are still a joke.

Talking about a all around good sim my Hopes for ac or ac2 increased After current Events.

I Couldnt Care Less about who makes it. Just one sim that included the Most important things - also or especially Besides the physics and with Focus on offline Play. *beg*
    Also im liking forward to improvements to raceroom and the new Reiza Game.
    Make Sims gtr Again! ... Or Something

Btw whatever mr Bell did, i think one dev of ac didnt appeard Really respectful towards his customers either.. but i want a Game, not a new friend.