1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

The weather effects in PCars1 are amazing. >I often only do hotlapping with weather changing all 10 minutes from sunshine to heavy rain back to sunshine...only the sounds of the game are no that good, special the very stuttering and unnatural shifting on some cars.

But as a shiny looking funracer PC2 will be definately on my wishlist!

2. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

ya the sounds were like on off switch, hope they improved them.

3. plaid

plaid Alien

Oh Thats right! Forgot about Sound. Imo more Important than graphics to feel immersed - but also the speedperception improves!
    R3e and especially dirt Rally Are as good als they Are cause of the sound. With Sound ala Gran Tourismo i wouldt Even Brother to try to Play them.

4. LOEVG

LOEVG Racer

So in your opinion, the sounds is the only issue with Project Cars? Are you forgetting the bad physics?

5. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

As a fun racer, the physics are great for me. I do not need superhardcore physics. That´s why i left RF2 modding cause only great physics does not make a good game! I have AC as a hardcore simulation and honestly, i am not the best driver. So for some races against the AI or hotlapping, PC was great fun for me. I like the graphics and the overall look of PC, the "virtual camera" thing with the blur effects are great, the weather system, night/day and all this together, there is no game out there that can do this.

nate, Alistair McKinley and Minolin like this.
  6. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

from pcars forums.
    "The videos above are from an internal presentation and were used in a temporary placeholder intro for the game. It's not a trailer, the announce trailer is done and should expect to see it sometime early Feb."

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I hope most of the tracks are LS in pcars2, to me it adds alot of immersion knowing the track is really accurate.

8. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

@Fonsecker : Speaking of a fun racer, I really hope they include split-screen 2 player.

9. Orne

Orne Alien

Until they show actual gameplay. This video means nothing. Just a get on the hype train announcement ! Woo woo.. sucker train coming!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA *cough* HAHAHHAHHA.. all aboaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!!! Next stop, Suckertown U.S.A , finaaaaaaaaal stop, Simcade Physics city limits!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAA.. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm done..

Horus likes this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

We wont be able to tell much about the driving by looking at gameplay footage neither though.

pollinho123 likes this.
  11. Orne

Orne Alien

Nope, not at all. Although graphically its best to remain suspect until gameplay footage is released.

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, the hardcore Sim crowd has attitude - Surprise! :D

We are like resentful tiny dogs that feel as though we are under constant threat of being wiped out by the bigger ones that outnumber us x1000. It's just the nature of things really, there isn't much we can do to change that; it's not like the roles at play are ever going to reverse or become fair and equal.

I think the resentment towards Pcars goes even deeper though, due to some involved in WMD feeling shut out and under valued; anyone that questioned the physics and made reference to the top Sim titles was promptly dismissed or labeled as being too hardcore and hardcore is simply wrong. Early on, the goal was "Realism"; in the end, the definition of that turned out to be something different than what some of us had hoped for. The term "Realism" was just too vague and we bought into it; it's much how I might describe the car handling today - "vaguely realistic".

SMS did the right thing from a commercial ROI point of view and they are not at all, concerned about what a tiny minority of hardcore Sim-racers think. Some of us had unrealistic expectations to begin with and ended up being disappointed. Back to AC, AMS and rF2 with R3E filling some of the gap; and that's certainly not a bad thing IMO. :)

13. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

I would expect that kind of stuff as well for a big title like pCars as well. I think it's really impressive that you could hop from AC to iRacing or R3E and experience basically the same Nordschleife. Yeah, there are some minor variations in 3D assets and details, but the track itself is the same.
    However they could have done it in pCars 1 and decided against it, so I doubt we'll see laserscanned tracks in pC2, but they should go ahead and laserscan things :D
    It doesn't really bother me in AMS, but most of their tracks aren't in too many other sims, so you can't compare most of them to laserscanned versions. For mods you can't expect laserscans so they don't suffer too much, but for a title like pCars I would like to have tracks done properly and having them laserscanned is one aspect of that.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Which is why I am not concerned about what they do. :p ;)

Let them do their thing. pCars2 surely will be successful, but it won't be for me. Which is ok.

Salad Fingers and Dean Ogurek like this.
  15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

IMSEO, (In My Sim Elitist Opinion :D) many of us don't fit into the Pcars demographic model anyway but, I wonder if LS technology isn't overkill in the case of Pcars.

16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Isn't it a bit early to dump pCars2 for it's physics?

Freddie Seng, Whitestar, TDS and 5 others like this.
  17. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

When I first saw the trailer I was like "you fool me once, it's your fault; you fool me twice, it's my fault". Conclusion: I won't fall a second time for the immsense hype.

But now - a couple of hours later, I'm with Fonsecker: Maybe I'll get it as shiny fun racer (when it is on sale).
    It looks simply fantastic. I like the standing water on track and how it goes back/seeps away. I hope that the puddles will have an impact on both the handling and the FFB. But I fear that I will be disappointed (again).

Although they lack plausible impact on physics (IMO), I really like the weather effects of Project Cars.
    Speaking of physics, I'm somewhat suspicious about PC2 due to the introduction of snow and gravel.
    As someone said in this thread (edit: It was kofotsjanne): They haven't succeeded in simulating rain physics properly (on tarmac); how can they ever succeed in simulating rain physics on gravel and snow as well?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  18. konnos

konnos Simracer

About laserscanning, I remember reading a comment on the official forum saying that after having finished the game and all the hard work in creating non-LS tracks, it might actually be better to have them laserscanned, even from a financial perspective, because of the workload that it saves them in creating all assets on the tracks and making sure bumps and elevations are as accurate as can be from photos alone. The laserscanning itself is not quite as expensive itself, it's getting the rights to do it that is the more expensive thing + the extra manhours that are required to create things from CAD, satellite imagery and real photos.

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

20. You should know better than to ask that, lol.

nate and Horus like this.