1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ps4 port? (not asking for it, looks like its happening)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, May 12, 2015.

1. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

im not really happy about this, there is a small sim community on console, none on wii. This will just make things harder for the biggest audience on pc.

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Agreed.

I really like AC but I just don't feel they have enough official content and features for a console release.

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

A 16 man team will prioritize PC but still have their game released on PS4 and Xbone? Im sorry, but I dont think this will be good.

Sad news.
    According to google translate its confirmed by Marco and it is in development already. I was hoping the page being a trollpage but by the looks of it it looks like a serious blog/magazine.

edit: ACCORDING TO @AC Support THIS IS FALSE

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    I3bullets likes this.
  4. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Oooook...time to move to another sim...
    Ac should be PC only...damn...Kunos...sounds like trashing your souls for money...

I3bullets likes this.
  5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wait alt stop: that interview translation is completely fake and the photo is very old. This is not the first time that website issues old/fake news. Marco said, on november 2014, that developing for console could is something to be reckoned with. Nothing more, nothing less. Please, don't give misleading info. The Wii part is completely invented...

The latest Marco's interview is May 12th. To the question: "will AC come to consoles", Marco answered: "Who knows". Here you are the interview in italian: http://www.redbull.com/it/it/games/...assetto-corsa-il-gran-turismo-italiano-per-pc

This is a message by Marco on this forum, on November 2014:

Hi there: probably a better title for this thread might be "will AC come to PS4 ?" Infact at today, it isn't a fact, but just a generic option that is the same for any videogame developer. Hope you guys are not surprised that a PC videogame company decides to invest some R&D into the next-gen hardware, regardless of current or lo-terms future developments. If we don't start to look into it far in advance, it might be too late to do that in future. But there's an ocean between "take a look into" and "have a game ready for PS4". And, I'm pretty confident that, being safe the simulative nature of Assetto Corsa already achieved, we'll prevent any speculation about any drift in how we conceive simracing, regardless of any platform or format we decide to use in future.

Merging threads.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Google translate was very clear on this one but its great news that it was false news.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Thanks for the clarification Luca :)

8. AC Support

My pleasure, now excuse me, my AC career on iPhone is waiting.

snyperal, Mogster, tabis and 5 others like this.
  9. AC Support

Just to be clear on this: the false news is the translation in spanish of Marco's words (and of course the consequent google translation). As said, the latest answer about the argument is "Who knows", as reported in the italian interview I reported some posts above.

Mogster likes this.
  10. Ok lets take a step back and think this realistically.

If AC would be ported (as this spanish "fake" article implies, as I personally wait for an actual official word about potential console extravaganza before jumping into any conclusions) to other platforms. I think this would be a really good thing for us fans of AC.
    It's not like Assetto Corsa is going to get worse for pc just because it's been made for other platforms. I know that previously the sentiment from Kunos has been that "if we can't make it the same as on pc, there is no point doing it." Which I agree. There is way too many sims/strategy games that are dumbed-down for consoles in the fear of not getting the sales from a"gamepad ***** who can only handle 4 colours and a cross at the any one time", and that is just patronising money hungry nonsense.
    Look at Gran Turismo and what it did to sim racing by hitting the shelves for playstation in '97. It's more complex and simlike than any other driving game before its time for consoles, and it got instantly huge crowds of all kinds of users, from HC simmers to casual couch potatos.

Now... what comes to 16 people team making this all to happen. Not necessary. Just outsource the work to the point that only the code is in the hands of the Kunos team, and the end results are beta tested internally.
    Is it just a flick of a switch. No... is it possible to even make AC the same as it is for pc for the consoles. No... (think modding, licence issues etc...), but I sure hope that the core and Kunos content can be made so that there is no discrepancies between platforms pc > ps4 > xbox one (forget about Wii U. It's run by two asthmatic mice suffering from bronchitis on an exercise wheel).

If you are worried about the amount of official content atm. in AC not being be enough for console crowd. It will take awhile to get anything release worthy for consoles, so there is time to throw in the Lambos, few Audis, and other announced, but not yet released vehicles/tracks. Plus it's the feeling that AC gives that keeps me driving, not the amount of cars or tracks. I still haven't even driven all the Kunos official content, and I bought this the first day of EA.

Positives from this move for us PC people. More money, more licenses, more staff, more speed, more fun, and if the rumours are true and Xbox one is going to have shared MP servers with PC, well I don't have to tell you what does a full MP scene means for a sim.

Only downside I can muster is, Kunos goes where Electric Arts has gone, and we get AC 2, 3 and 4 for playstation, before Meko finishes his porsche mod, but I just dont see that happening... so no point of discussing it.

Please let Assetto Corsa be the first SIMULATOR for consoles that actually matches its superior pc origins. (he whispers hopefully to the diety of sim racing Stefano "Kunos" Casillo.)

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

NOS and neons confirmed? Yay

So the moral of the story is: don't believe in everything you read on the internet.
    Cheers, Captain Obvious.

snyperal likes this.
  12. AC Support

Look at it another way: trust official news only. It' more Captain Obvious, but sometimes it seems people understands what he would like to understand. The so called "rumors"...

Pixelchaser, snyperal and V8_KB like this.
  13. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

I think what it comes down to is that the way kunos announces news always makes the fans lose their minds. Not sure how you do it but you have one hell of a marketing team as a result this means that we always want to know more. Hence people are searching everywhere to know more and we interpret more then we should, its like whenever you put a picture out we treat it like an english exam and try to see what you have licensed this time.

ouvert likes this.
  14. AC Support

You are right and this proves how much passion you guys have for Assetto Corsa. We care about this and it's really, really appreciated by the AC team. What is wrong are some statements that start with "I have heard/read that... (sometimes without reliable sources)" and goes to "ohhh Kunos said that... (please insert random stuff)". This is just misleading and we never liked this.

snyperal and tommi karsikas like this.
  15. davide.rocco

davide.rocco Gamer

16. AC Support

Fixed for you.

17. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Yes...now I will sell again my soul to you kunos...

18. brioche

brioche Racer

It's good to know that this is not in the works because that would necessary require to split dev resources to an unsustainable level.
    Speaking of opportunities, in my (irrelevant) opinion, the kind of effort and expenses required for a console port (which does not only include the necessary conversion of the code but also modifications to the experience in order to appeal to a different public, testing etc.) would not probably be economically worth its cost.
    If you consider that even bigger studios that have a great deal of resources are forced to sacrifice the PC version in order to optimize the Console version, you understand how hard it would be for a smaller studio to avoid the risk of upsetting both audiences at once.

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Of course having the engine available and ready for other platforms could attract licence deals with other developers.

20. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I just don't see the technical capability in PS4/XOne to run anything resembling Asseto Corsa. AC stretches the capabilities of high end PC which mean only a really limited version of AC would be runnable on the consoles. The only reason to run AC is because of the high quality interaction of realistic graphics with an advanced physics engine. The game play of AC is way down the list in comparison with console racing games. A physics/graphics limited version of AC with limited game play would have no market in consoles.

AC needs to continue to push at providing market leading racing simulation on high end PC's. It's not a huge market but there are a lot of people interested and spending money in the area. I came to PC simulation from GT5/6. I was attracted by the open market approach to hardware and software but have been blown away by the added capability. Trying to cross both platforms is a technical challenge for large software firms. Look at how long it took GTA5 to make it to PC or the problems Assassins Creed has had with port between Consoles and PC.