1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Recording software

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DaVeX↯, Aug 16, 2015.

1. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I could not found a proper setting for saving 1080p/60fps on Windows Movie Maker, which is a pitty since I found that editor to be pretty good on handling transitions, titles, credits etc. Seems the bitrate cannot be raised more thatn 25mb. I ended up using a free version of Movie Studio (a subset of Sony Vegas) because it provides better encoding settings for 1080/60fps. The edition on it is not that bad but not as friendly as WMM.

I use ShadowPlay to encode at 1080p/60fps using 40 bitrate.

I do have MSI Afterburner to control fan on my GPU. Where is the option to record video?

2. kro

kro Simracer

This^
    I have nvid shadow play & fraps I also have used WMM and have found it pretty easy to figure out but I can't get the shadowplay files to even open in WMM to cut & edit .. with fraps the files just drag right into WMM so you can edit .. SP has great video but im stuck with what ever is recorded and cant do any edits as it is by it's self ..

don't want to hijack this thread but this is a curious subject !

thanks !

3. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

How you made it working?
    Wich settings?

4. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Dxtory is pretty good and you can set it up to record in smaller sizes without losing quality. It was my main recording program before I got my new NVidia card with Shadowplay.

Now I only use Shadowplay.

OBS is the only free program. You can record your desktop with it, do live streams, etc. It's decent, needs some setup to achieve good quality.

5. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Fraps is free? Or is it just a trial version? I bought it, but it was pretty neat.

Handbrake to do the encoding. I've only done two vids, both mediocre but it was an interesting challenge for me.

6. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

MP4 tools to join files & then pop that file into handbrake to reduce size .

7. Zeether

Zeether Gamer

Fraps trial only allows 30 second videos, I think, and it puts a watermark on them.

8. I've only really changed the streaming settings. Looking at it now, in advanced it's using x264 preset of "veryfast", and other than attempting to optimise the streaming stuff I can't see anything I remember changing. I've just got GSCE in the sources list as an application, nothing special to do there.

For gluing & transcoding AVIs then Virtualdub is pretty simple & full of features. Only AVIs though, unfortunately.

DaVeX↯ likes this.
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Recorded in dxtory at 60fps (dxtory is good for recording live play as it doesnt drop your fps.)

Then edited and saved in movie maker as a hi-def 1080p 60fps vid

Uploaded direct to youtube and this is the result.

10. I was using Bandicam, a lot less FPS hit than Fraps. Now I'm using Nvidia Shadowplay. Only problem with Shadowplay is, that it records in variable framerate and if you are editing it in Adobe Premiere you will have desynced audio.

11. f_deutsch

Nice video @ChrisR, what settings did you use to save the video on WMM to make it 1080p/60fps?

12. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

As you can see in my pic (click for full-size!), I made some presets for 1080p/60fps. You can raise the bitrate up to 135000 kb/s, which of course gives you very large video-files. Normally I use 24000 or 20000. You can make user-defined settings with the last entry in the pull-down menu shown in pic and save the profile.

[​IMG]

Strange, I got no problem opening SP-videos in MovieMaker, no matter which bitrate they are recorded. o_O
    Maybe there's some video-codec missing by default.
    I installed ffdshow a long time ago. Long before I went from Fraps/WMM to SP/WMM. Maybe that's why it works here.
    Sadly I could not manage to load SP-videos into Virtualdub, which I used back in Fraps-times for precise, lossless cutting. :(

13. f_deutsch

Thanks @T'PAU ,

What is the resulting media info you got on your generated movie file? I did exactly the same but got some weird information about a much lower bitrate for the resulting file. I will try 40000 next time just to be sure.

14. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

It seems WMM produces videos with variable bitrate. If I replay the video with e.g. VLC-player it shows bitrates from sometimes under 10000 up to roughly 24000 (some peaks above that) for a 24000kb/s video.
    40000 is a bit overshot, file-size is way too big imho.

15. f_deutsch

Even for a 1080p/60fps video?

16. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

I'm trying to live stream to youtube but have no clue how to capture ac and send it,anyone have any tips or programmes that may help me ?:oops:

Cheers

17. OBS has a streaming profile for Youtube - I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one youtube help page about setting up for streaming to them too.

Thomas Cameron and jc1993 like this.
  18. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

My >>latest Video<< with 9:30min length and (iirc) encoded with 24000kb/s is about 1.5GB in size (Original of course, not what YT made out of it). So with 40000 it'll go to 2.8GB I think and quality isn't that much better... on YT. :confused:

19. f_deutsch

Did a video ~ 12:00 min length at 40000kb/s local file size 3.1GB. It looks OK on my local computer played with VLC, but on YT there are some parts that look kind of choppy, probably too much scenario changes that require more bandwidth. I really do not know what YT does or it would be better to upload constant bit rate encoding, which would result in very high file sizes. AC original video was captured using ShadowPlay 1080p 60fps 40,000bk/s.

20. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I have no solution for that choppiness, too. Sometimes it works better, sometimes not. Video-recording/encoding really is a *****. If you look at my video the external views, where the camera is very low behind left front wheel, are very pixelized. But this time that wasn't YT's fault, it looks like this even in the original Shadowplay-footage, recorded with "70" (70000 kb/s?)! :eek:
    I don't like VLC for video-playback. Picture lacks of contrast, is too bright and stutters with my big Shadowplay-videos. I use the Video-app of Win 8.1 for judging the final quality of my encoded video. Easy to handle, fullscreen when video starts, no stuttering even with high HDD-access.

O.T. your video: Why is the volume so low? I remember I had issues with that too, when I switched from Fraps to Shadowplay, but "somehow" it works now.
    Is it lag, bad ping or low replay-quality (can be changed ingame in Options-menu!), but cars-movement and cockpit-view (even from your car) look somehow strange and unnatural. Cars not heading in the direction they drive etc.
    Nice additional comments btw. :)