1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, May 1, 2016.

1. phizz

phizz Simracer

Okay guys I have a question. I'm okay with signing up with my real name but do I have to change my steam nick? :eek: Or is it enough to set that name ingame in the profile tab?

2. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

http://www.simracingsystem.com/instructions.php

Your SRS name must match your AC profile.

jc1993 and phizz like this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You don't change anything...the app does it for you. I don't know if u have to change it back. Steam stays the same.

phizz likes this.
  4. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

I've been following what Henrique and the guys at SRP have done, and I've to say, I'm really amazed by the amount of work they managed to do in such a short time.
    It has been truly exciting to be back racing in nKPRO after few days of coding. Registered for the race on their website, server went up automatically, and, at the right time, the app would connect you to the server where the fun began :p

Now also AC is supported. They has to come up with a completely different approach for AC, compared to other sims. The new solution, integrated in AC, is really nice and works really well already in this early stage.

This platform is doing quite a lot for you, and works with the most of the sims out there.
    Here are few features from the top of my mind (I'm sure I'll forget some)
    - it allows users to choose skins, and sets the server accordingly
    - it starts one or more servers depending on the amount of user subscribed for the race
    - it spits users in different servers based on their ranking, allowing faster/cleaner drivers racing together
    - it gather statistics on each race, keeps race results, and creates championship standings (giving you points based on all the races you've done during the week, using an algorithm)
    - it will allow having better races (hopefully) since drivers will care about their ranking
    - it will have endless possibilities in the future especially if it will become popular. Don't forget that this is just the beginning. I really hope that this project will be soon connected also to other clever solutions implemented so far by other users.

Cyberdelique, OliW, Ischemica and 9 others like this.
  5. Christopher Low is my real name. Mogget is my racing name. There is a problem in there somewhere...

6. Goodvibe13

Goodvibe13 Gamer

Great venue! Does "Arca SimracingX" refers to AC when choosing which sim to associate with while registering?

7. phizz

phizz Simracer

You need to download this app: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=92
    Register on the website seperately, no need to choose a sim.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  8. Goodvibe13

Goodvibe13 Gamer

I will try that, in the instance of registering to the website now.

9. phizz

phizz Simracer

Okay I registered with my full name, set my name in my game profile, activated the acc with my mail and it logged me in. Now I wanted to see if they unlocked my account and it says username pw wrong and my mail doesnt exist in the system..
    That's it for me.

eXo likes this.
  10. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

go here, and check if in the "Primary User Group" field it says "pending activation" or "registered"

http://www.simracingsystem.com/usercp.php

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. phizz

phizz Simracer

I got logged out and I can't even log in again to check. When I try 'forgot password' it says my mail address doesn't exist ^^

eXo and Doc-H like this.
  12. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

That's strange... Might want to contact them through the website

13. phizz

phizz Simracer

I registered again without the umlauts in my name. Looks pretty weird but at least got registered now :D

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol I've been there :-D

15. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

Quick thoughts after trying it for the first time :

Just participated in my first race and everything went great. It's very easy to use, didn't suffer a single problem/bug. Oh, and got a podium :D
    Immediately got that league/iRacing vibe where the pressure mounts before the first corner because you know it's not just a pub server. Felt good.

The ads on the side aren't bad... I know it might bother some people but it's not intrusive, not too big and just sit there in a corner. If it helps supporting the system (or keep it free) personally I'm perfectly fine with them.

So far I'm loving it, seems perfect for players who want to compete without having to join a league.

OliW, phizz, Gunja and 2 others like this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

^^Exactly my thoughts. The boost of motivation and engagement this system creates is amazing...iRacey feel for me, as well.

An improvement would be a properly long practice session like the iRacing ones. It would have to be an extra server, though to keep the great option to choose skin for race. One should be able to go there through the AC app and be prompted to rejoin via screen message as tje race approaches.

phizz likes this.
  17. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Waiting for activation so I can get the app :). Thanks for the effort :).

Tiago Lima likes this.
  18. ArYeS

ArYeS Gamer

How, i'm not getting captcha today at all :(

19. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

I don't mind hotlaping by myself before the server allows you in, but maybe an app with an alarm or pop up "Hey! Server opens in one minute!" or something like that, while we are in another mode, would connect us better with the SRS system. Having to look at the clock after every lap distracts me a lot.

Kopiller, Tiago Lima and dermonty like this.
  20. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

Tried a different browser? Maybe too many people are registering at once and the serverload is high, give it a minute to see if it loads.