1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Steering wheel hardness

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Iketani, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

We want an option to adjust the hardness of the steering wheel (not FFB effects, that are correct). And an option to adjust a different steering wheel hardness for each car (in the setup, for example).

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering Wheel skipping first 10% Mar 30, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to hide steering wheel on XSX? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox steering wheel support Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bentley GT3 Animated steering wheel not moving Jun 23, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals v1.9 Game fps decrease at 0 fps when I turn on the steering wheel May 11, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 296 steering wheel animation Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering wheels & Linux OS Feb 14, 2023
    Bug reports Unable to join private servers with steering wheel settings selected (g923) on XSX. Jul 22, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering wheel rotation problem G923 Jul 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals steering wheel lock value in-game doesn´t change Jun 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Compeotizione - G923 - turning steering wheel freezes graphics but sound still plays Mar 27, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions assetto corsa steering wheel problem Mar 7, 2022
    ACC User Interface In car selection screen, rotation, zoom in/out by steering wheel needed Feb 8, 2022

3. Fivizzz

Fivizzz Simracer

You mean, a slider just like the one that already exists and has been there since version 0.21?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Horus, Rigel and Jebus like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

What, like a garage setting that has force feedback and dampener! My goodness man you ask too much. How would they ever do such a thing! Surely it against human decency, maybe an infringement on civil liberties or at least a crime against cats.

[​IMG]

5. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

I don't mean slider for FFB effects hardness, I mean for only steering wheel hardness (with the same FFB effects hardness). If I turn down gain, damper, FFB in setup, etc. all the hardness turns down (steering wheel hardness and FFB effects hardness, not only steering wheel hardness).

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Are you referring to the Self Aligning Torque?

7. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Steering wheel hardness, to turn right and left, it's easy to understand I think... xD

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I guess you're looking for the term "resistance" but I don't see a point in having an individual slider for that. More wheel resistance is a tradeoff vs. fidelity - in real life, too! If you increase the resistance, you can't just keep the effects just like they are now. So if you want something like that I suggest you play around with damping. It will cause the overall resistance to be higher (as a side effect) and the fidelity to decrease.

9. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

tradeoff vs. fidelity - in real life?? It's not the same the resistance of the Fiat 500 Abarth and the resistance of the Lotus 98T, for example... Why tradeoff vs. fidelity - in real life?? :/

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Topic 1: What I mean is: if in real life you would increase steering resistance in your wheel by adding maybe some "brake pads" causing friction on the steering column, this will also damp the "effects" when you e. g. smash that car across a curb.

Topic 2: You mention steering resistance differences between different car types. So if you want to have these differences to be present in the game, you must set the FFB strength in each car to the same value! AC will imo simulate the steering rack and pretty much everything that goes into the steering resistance so the 500 will have lower resistance than the 98T. The problem is that your G27 isn't all that strong and so the 500's FFB will feel very, very weak.

BTW: Did you try the damping?

11. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Ok thanks for the answer. Then I'll try different FFB config for each car, in setup for example. And I dont' feel any differences between 100% of damper and 0% of damper, but I'll try another time... Thanks.

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Attention! As far as i know "damper" in garage will just scale the damping in the controls menu! If you have 0% damping in the controls menu, the slider in the setup will do nothing because x*0 = 0. So if you want to play around with damper to get the steering "thicker", please add a good amount of damping in the controls menu and then scale it with the car setup slider. If you set it to 0 % there will be no damping. At 100 % there will be the damping you set in the controls menu and so on...

13. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

I don't feel any difference between 0% damping and 200% damping in car setup (with 99% of damping adjusted in main controls menu)... and I've checked the "Allow game configuration" option in Logitech driver panel...:confused:

14. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Please, can anyone help me? I don't feel differences between 0 and 200% of "FFB damper" in car setup options... I want to simulate the power steering effect and I don't know how to do that...

15. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Do you have damper enabled in Logitech profiler?

16. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

No... I don't like damper of logitech profiler :p

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Final damper = FFB damper in car options/100 * damper in game options/100 * damper in profiler/100 .
    Do the math.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  18. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

In game options are 99 :oops: jajajaja it's a joke. I want to adjust the resistance in turns, not at returns (autocentered) of the steering wheel... If I put damper 100% in logitech profiler I get resistance at returns of the steering wheel...

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

But, isn't "resistance on return" also what power steering does?!?

20. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Reading this thread and what OP says, the following song comes to my mind :

Berry likes this.
  21. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Yes, also on returns... but only on returns are fake... xD I want power steering on turns and returns...:confused: