1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Steering wheel hardness

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Iketani, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Please Kunos, don't ignore this. We want two independent options to adjust "steering wheel hardness" and "FFB effects gain"... Not only a master bar option...

PLEASE.

2. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Try logitech profiler, with the centering spring.

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

huh, you are complaining there is no damper effect with damper set to 0% in logitech profiler... you need to enable it otherwise the ingame sliders do nothing. its not the same as rfactor where people insist it has to be set to 0.

Quffy and liakjim like this.
  4. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

With damper at 100% in logitech profiler the effect is FAIL FAKE xD I don't want damper, I want to adjust the steering wheel hardness for each car, independently about FFB strenght.

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

If you turn off ffb and only use "hardness", how is that not fake? Also, try the centering spring from logitech profiler.

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok. I think you request something completely unneccessary. In fact I don't know if you actually know what you want. You want "hardness" which is better described with "resistance" or "inertia" but at the same time you want to keep the details like they are which can not work because the torques will interact, of course.
    Plus: there's not too many RL cars where u can do this so why should Kunos have any intentions on allowing you to do it? Do you think something is wrong with the "hardness"? If so, what do you base that assumption on?
    "Hardness" comes from the steering geometry used in a car, the power steering used and the mass/inertia of the wheel. Geometry is simulated in AC so u get these torques. If you want to simulate power steering you only have to modify the FFB slider per car - RL power steering also affects "hardness" and details at the same time. Now the mass of your wheel can not be simulated by AC. If you want to have more mass, apply weights to your wheel.

7. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

For example, 100% of gain on McLaren F1 GTR, in my opinion, it's veeeryy exagerate. If I put 50% of gain then are correct FFB effects but the wheel hardness/resistance are very ridiculous because this real car it hasn't power steering (I think, because the model of the game is the road version, and not the race version... but you know what I mean...)...

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Dude, how do you know the effects are "correct" at 50%?!? You like them this way...there's a difference. What you seem to be seeking is a way to modify your wheel's dynamics. The problem is that at forces where you have the "hardness" right, the effects won't come through because there's not enough torque left in a G27!
    However, one more suggestion: The minimum force slider in the options menu might be what you're looking for - it will lift the low end of the FFB and leave the top end as it is. Don't know how u set it up but with the G27 that needs to be at around ~14, anyways.

9. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

That's exactly what you can do with damper. Once it's enabled you can set it per car in the pit menu...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

You're right, just tested this in game. In logitech profiler I put 100% damper, then in game I put 0% gain, and increased the damper. I felt wheel resistance/hardness in the game, even though the game ffb (gain) was at 0%. So I guess iketani got lucky here xD The feature he requested is already possible in the game. (ps, you can control ffb% (gain) and damper from game menu or car setup, but damper has first to be enabled in game menu to then control in car setup).

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Good research. If that's NOT what he's looking for...well I don't know ;-)

12. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

o_O Are you joking? I repeat: ¡¡¡With damper at 100% in logitech profiler the effect is FAIL FAKE!!!

13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Not exactly, because 100% in logitech means that damper will be available for the game to use it. 100% is a neutral value in logitech profiler. You control the damper with the game menu setting, so if you have it at 0% in the game, the value from logitech won't have any effect. But that's the thing, if you turn off force feedback in the game (gain%), then you won't get the forces coming from the car/tires/suspensions. But the damper setting from the game is not that uniform, there are some variations depending on the car speed and cornering.

Did you try 85 or 90% gain for mclaren f1 gtr? Check if the ffb clips in normal corners with the pedals app, 4th bar will show red color when the ffb is clipping. Is ok if it shows red in some situations, but shouldn't show in normal corners.

ears1991 likes this.
  14. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

I give up... You don't understand me or I don't speak english correctly.

ears1991 likes this.
  15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Well, can you give an example from any other racing game that does what you ask?

16. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

[​IMG]

FORCE FEEDBACK EFFECTS (FFB effects), FORCE FEEDBACK STRENGHT (FFB effects), STEERING FORCE (resistance).

17. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

whats the difference between force feedback strength, steering force, and damper?

19. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

FORCE FEEDBACK EFFECTS (FFB effects), FORCE FEEDBACK STRENGHT (FFB effects), STEERING FORCE (resistance). DAMPER in AC it's fake xD (resistance but very artificial/lineal).

20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

we also have ffb effects here, kerbs, road, slip. They are normally part of the forces coming from the road, kerbs, etc. but you can increase those effects intensity and add more vibration to it. What you mean damper is fake? AC's ffb gain% has damper already in, but some wheels, like direct drive wheels, may need extra damper. You don't need damper for logitech wheels, the game already has it in a natural form, in its ffb package. When you turn the steering wheel, don't you feel resistance? That's the tire resistance/friction against the road.