1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Steering wheel hardness

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Iketani, Jun 29, 2015.

1. liakjim

liakjim Alien

25% gain is really low.

I have 100% gain and then apply method as described earlier with this app https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-anti-clipping-tool-stable-version-2-3.14165/
    You should atleast try this.

Examples :

1. Ferrari F40 is always a 100% gain car. Never clips.
    2. BMW Z4 Gt3 is a ~60% at Mugello (high speed / high downforce corners) at 100% grip.
    3. BMW Z4 Gt3 is a ~65% at Mugello (high speed / high downforce corners) at 90% grip.
    4. BMW Z4 Gt3 is a ~70% at Imola (medium speed / medium downforce corners) at 100% grip.
    5. BMW Z4 Gt3 is a ~75% at Magione (low speed / low downforce corners) at 100% grip.

I believe you'll get my point.

2. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Doesn't matter the clipping... In a real car you don't feel such steering effects as in AC at 60 or 100% of gain...

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

which steering effects?

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm starting to get the impression that we're wasting our time here. @Iketani seems to speak English well enough but still he fails at giving feedback on the many suggestions he got so far. Seems like he wants someone to provide a magic button he presses once and has the FFB from the other game he mentioned.

I'm out of here...

dESK0 and liakjim like this.
  5. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

All the steering effects in general.

6. Quffy

Quffy Alien

AC's ffb comes from the tires, suspensions, wheel alignment (camber, caster, toe), aerodynamic values (splitter, wing), weight (car weight, weight shifts, fuel tank slapper), and from other systems specific to each car (like 4wd, differential, etc.). So by that, the force feedback comes directly from how the car is built and how is setup afterwards. Then the car ffb is also influenced by the surface, grass, asphalt, dirt, curbs, concrete, etc, and also by the tire wear and tire damage.

FFB effects can be seen as road/kerb/slip, which adds or intensifies the vibration to the wheel base and sometimes steering rim (of your physical wheel-base, in this case the G27), when you drive over bumpy road, curbs, or slipping/sliding the tires.
    You don't need these, so you can leave all these 3 at 0%. For G27, you only really need to adjust the Gain% for different cars, and have a min.force% of 12-14. Then like I explained in the first paragraph, the ffb is all about how the car is made and setup, the surfaces, and how you drive it.

liakjim likes this.
  7. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I really want to help you, Iketani, I am trying to understand just what you are trying to achieve.

I'm curious what cars you have driven in real life that has significantly different feedback than you are getting in Assetto.

8. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Quffy -> If I put only gain (without kerb, road and neither slip) I don't feel this effects... (not feel kerbs, for example, it's unreal...).

Atle Dreier -> I've driven Renault Clio Sport 182, Renault Clio Sport 197, Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC, Nissan Primera 2.0, Peugeot 106 1.4, Citroën Xsara 1.6, Seat León FR 150... xD And really, when I drive in a straight, with the steering wheel taken hard with my arms, I don't feel the effects as in AC with 60-100% of gain...

PD: With 60-100% of gain, "Dwayne Johnson" can't be the owner of the steering wheel xD

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Put only Gain%, now load the Magione track. Drive over the kerbs near the start/finish line, and you'll feel them. Because most Magione kerbs are 3d modeled. Other tracks have flat kerbs (like in real life), so there you won't feel the rumble because those kerbs aren't raised, but the tire may slip, depending on the conditions.

10. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Ah ok... well, I think that I'm trying to put 0% in kerb, road and slip options, thanks Quffy. But I still think that 60-100% of gain it's exagerate comparing with the reality.

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But you can put whatever Gain% you want. Kunos didn't say you must put x gain%. You need to adjust the gain% based on how much force the car gives to your wheel, various situations of the race track. In real life is easier because what you have is what you get. They can't give a fixed gain% for everyone and every car (I think). :)

When they build a car in assetto corsa, they define the force feedback multiplier in the data files, based on how the car is in real life. But then we need a gain% setting in the menu because we all have different wheels and different tastes, for example I prefer harder ffb and others prefer softer ffb.

12. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

I've repeat infinite times... xD ¡IF I PUT LESS GAIN I GET VERY LOW STEERING RESISTANCE! ¡I WANT MORE STEERING WHEEL RESISTANCE WITH LOW FFB EFFECTS GAIN! xD

FORGET THE WORD "GAIN", I WANT STEERING FORCE/RESISTANCE OPTION xD

13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But you know where that wheel resistance comes from? From the friction between the car with the road. So if you lower the game force feedback, you are lowering the forces between the car and the road that are transmitted to your wheel (the car physics aren't altered by lowering the forces intensity you receive to the wheel). Forget what you had in older games, like the one you showed the screenshot... (btw, which game was that that had steering force setting).

You could increase the force feedback overall effects in logitech software. Default is at 100%. Try 120% with low in game gain%, and see if it feels harder.

14. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Well, I see no way you can have both. It's like saying I want my gain high and low at the same time. Maybe try to play with the minimum force slider. The G27 is notorious for the deadzone.

15. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

I've tried various configs between profiler and setup gain and I think that is the same... If I increase 5% of setup gain I get a little more of resistance and FFB effects, and the same if I do that with the global intensity option of the profiler.

16. he wants more resistance in the wheel in general when turning into a corner or returning to the center, but to do that he needs to turn gain up and then there are too much effects going on, and to get rid of them you need to take gain out then no resistance on the wheel so i guess he asks for just some pre loaded wheel resistance,
    Not sure if that can be done with the damper slider?
    please Aris help here

Iketani likes this.
  17. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

BRAVOOO one guy that has understood me.:rolleyes:

18. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

That's what I said, though. Gain lower and higher at the same time.... You are seeing a limitation of your wheel.

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Ok, then you have to apply gain as i told you above , all effects to 0% and then apply some filter.
    There is nothing else you can do.
    Some effects are codded into game and cannot be stopped. So use filter to smooth them. (or play PCars, it's "dead" wheel will be more to your liking :rolleyes: )

Quffy likes this.
  20. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

I've made tests with different configurations and I still feeling exagerate FFB effects and no option to adjust only "resistance at turns" for each car. For example now I have 50% of gain, 0 of filter (because filter eliminates some effects and I don't want to eliminate effects) and I feel lot of FFB effects but very low resistance at turns.