1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That's what I wanted to find out. I was doing laps around Vallelunga last week and was basically doing times similar to the RSR.
    Of course could be that I just don't have the pace in the Jag, but we'll see.

Pushed the RSR around Goodwood for 3 timed laps and did 1:23.5 at 98% grip, which isn't that far behind my time of 1:20.0 at 100% at 100% grip.
    I think the RSR can get into 1:21.x territory here and surely the Cobra will even be a bit faster, maybe 1:20.x.

We'll see. ;)

2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yes, XJ13 is just tiny bit faster than GT40, but perhaps slightly more demanding, it is prototype, also has no downforce.

Aphidgod did pre crash version after we released 0.97 with narrow tires and a bit less powerful, would be something in between Cobra and GT40 in Goodwood. Also instability issues during braking in XJ13 was solved, though I did like them, because for me it is immersive that some cars should be twitchy during hard braking even in straight line. Can't wait to drive 0.97 version again.

Yesterday server got almost full at one time, I guess it will be hardly expected with double mod content. #ispraying

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

SO far I have only managed 1'23 with Cobra, but I haven't done any setup tweaks, and there are many for Cobra, so who knows Goodwood is all about the exits. With XJ I think I have done 1'20, don't remember RSR PB.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I would have joined you guys for some races yesterday but 7-8min Q and then 30 laps of racing sounds... uncomfortable in the extreme!

5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Comfortable is the word to describe why majority of AC races are never being done in low grip conditions, hardly more than 10minutes lasting races, only sunny nice weather, no mandatory pitstops. Also it is the reason why including features like rain is not so important.

But, just to be clear, I'm a fan of doing something less comfortable sometimes, makes you feel fresh.

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure if I understand what you're suggesting?
    Longer/shorter race? longer/shorter quali? only single race?

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Probably a classic dozen 5laps and 5min Q sessions in an evening.

I would agree to do few mins shorter Q sessions. And reducing laps to 12 should be ok.

I think amount of laps depends on how many racers are there, and how low the risk to drive alone is. Yesterday I was lucky to almost always stay in the fight, and saw no problem in 15laps, also being lapped 2-3 times was epic. However, driving alone for 15laps is pretty much a hotlapping, so there are few sides of this.

By the way, last race yesterday, even though only 6of us were left in the server:
    [​IMG]
    And previous race had 10+ players, so it is all luck and how you manage it.

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Just did a few laps and I'm at 1:20.1 with 98% grip, surely it will do 1:19s with 98% grip. GT40 with really good lap at 100% grip should do 1:18s and I believe it will be easier to get there in the Jag.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hm ok, maybe I misjudged the performance of the XJ13 then.

Question is though, should we leave it like this, or change the lineup? If the latter, to what?
    Only RSR+Cobra or XJ13+GT40+908?
    All 5 cars together is possibly not a good idea as we only have 20 slots.

10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

1'18 Thats Lola T70 laptimes lol

But Lola can do 1'16 actually. And IRL unofficial laptime is 1'17, with an onboard video. But they use narrower tires, I think. So harder to put power down.

11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Maybe go just for RSR and Cobra today :)

Lets save XJ for later, hopefully.

I hope RSR is really close to Cobra. Otherwise it might be better to run only cobra, or only rsr. I think.

12. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

That would be my vote.

Just to be clear, I mean a really great lap where you have to nail it. And it would be just under 1:19s, not like 1:18 flat. :D
    I was still getting green delta here and there last night even after my PB so there's some room (very small for me) for improvement. ;)

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Or maybe we should just run Classic Blend on it, meaning to add both the F40 and the Yellowbird?

Pretend racer and mantasisg 2 like this.
  14. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Hmm something wrong with RL server @Berniyh ?

Connected and waiting for next session then server stopped responding. now it looks like this

upload_2017-9-17_11-54-53.png

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, I just stopped the server until we figured out what we want to run today. ;)

(There was nobody on it at the time, didn't know you were connecting.)

16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I'm not sure if they could keep up since the track is rather twisty with only one longer straight.
    Performance aside, personally I'd just prefer to race the RSR vs Cobra here.

Probably he took it down to change cars.

Edit: Ninja'd
    Actually there was like 5 of us. :p

17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Personally I'm ok with Only Cobra+RSR, as well as full Classic Blend.

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ok, so let's just do this. Should be live again in about 5 min.
    Oops, sorry. I checked stracker before stopping the server. Maybe there was a problem with it.

V8_KB likes this.
  19. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Oh strange, there were like 4-5 people in when i joined, the last message i saw from the server was "pctm has won the race" then a couple minutes later i saw there was nobody with a ping in the scoreboard anymore.

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Server is running again, Cobra+RSR. 8min quali, 2×12min race with top 10 reversed.
    That's pretty much the format we use normally, so I think it should be ok.

V8_KB and mantasisg 2 like this.