1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Switched from Xbox to PC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mike reynolds, Jan 27, 2017.

1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

How do I change the resolution? Also does the hdmi port make a difference? My monitor has three, one labelled 4k, another MHL, and one more?

2. Should be in the video settings in AC - a drop down list, choose something like 1080p, 60hz.

Not sure about the HDMI ports tbh though.

3. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

Video output/input connections make a big difference. "Display Port" is the highest performance and should be used if available on both GPU output and monitor input. You should have it on the 1060 and on any 4K monitor. Your system should run decent 4K framerates with AA set off. You don't need AA on a 4K monitor since the resolution is so great the jaggies aren't visible.

I ran a 4K monitor with good results on a GTX 970 with AA off. I went to a GTX 1080 and had everything maxed before I switched to a Rift.

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Hahaha :p
    Welcome to pc world! :)

nate likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

At 4k you should be able to turn off ingame AA or at least make it 2x.. its very taxing. If you haven't aleardy i would dl nVidia inspector.

6. @mike reynolds

You need to post all of the graphic settings you are using. Plus, run the benchmark and post the report.

7. mike reynolds

Ok, really struggling with this now....deffo something wrong somewhere, I've attached some pictures to this email to see if that helps

1st up, the main menu screen seems small...is this normal?

I've run the game at 1280 x 768 (random choice)...when it loads a race it is quite small on the monitor, when I full screen the frame rate is unplayable and there is input lag of nearly a second....thanks for helping all!

Attached Files:

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Why wouldn't you run at the native res of your monitor?

My NV780 and i5 2500k run AC very well at 2560x1440, there's no reason you should be having very poor frame rate with a modern gpu and cpu.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Take framerate limiter and set it to 60 or unlimited, you have it capped at 39. Someone with 60Hz monitors can probably correct me if Im wrong and if youre supposed to use v-sync or something.

Whats the resolution on your screen? Thats what you should use. :) Looks like you can choose up to 4k (at the bottom of that list)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  10. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Try 1920x1080 or more.

You seem to have frame rate limit set to 30?

I'm no expert only 2weeks in to pc ownership but it shouldn't be that hard to get going.

Is your hdmi cable plugged directly into the graphics card?

You should be able to optimise the game in nvidia control centre that should be enough to get running, you can change settings again to taste in game once you get the hang of it..

11. mike reynolds

Ok, here's a video I just took on my iPad....this was 3840 x 2160

Check out the steering lag!

12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Wow, I´m surprised that you managed to post on this forum :D

Just kidding...

But really, are you trolling, or you are brand new to screenresolutions, basic pc use, monitor refreshrate Hz, etc?

Pro tip: skip those lousy phone pictures, and press Windows key + Print Screen ( <- that´s a link). That´ll save a screenshot directly to C:\Users\*you*\Pictures\Screenshots

13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Have you checked Fullscreen Rendering?

Try 1920x1080, with Fullscreen rendering checked, how´s that?

14. mike reynolds

Not trolling....been using computers for 20 years at work but when they go wrong I call the help desk and go for a fag!

Found another hdmi port...I think that may have been the issue....

15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Alrighty then :)

Put that framerate limit to OFF too.

16. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Start with the basics, if performance is that bad have you tested anything other than AC? You need to know if there is a problem with the PC more widely, could be anything from a driver update needed to a faulty hardware component and any number of things inbetween.

If you find performance is perfect in other things, then you can concentrate on AC itself, as any number of things could be causing you a problem in that respect too.

R.E. refresh rates etc, if you are connecting with HDMI then 4K is only going to work at 30 Hz = it will run like a piece of rubbish.

You need DisplayPort to get decent refresh rate to the monitor for 4K.

Seria17hri11er, Coanda and Tberg like this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That looks like really low frame rate :)

looks like @LeiF is onto something if hdmi can only handle 30Hz @ 4k.

18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yeah, totally with Leif here, 4K on HDMI won´t work, that´s why I wanted you to test 1920x1080.

Good luck!

19. mike reynolds

Much improved now...clearly had the hdmi into the wrong port on the PC...still not perfect and does seem better at 1920....thanks for your help guys, much appreciated

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Not entirely true however i am sure this will be your problem today. HDMI 2.0 & above can handle 4k @ 60hz. I dont know what cable you have. Your 1060 is hdmi 2.0. Like previously mentioned did you check the refresh rate in the graphics.ini file?

I wouldnt settle for 1080p on a 4k. Whats the point? Dont give up. At the very least 1440p is much better.

KillZoneGB and Seria17hri11er like this.