1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Switched from Xbox to PC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mike reynolds, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Amazing, you have more than 1 HDMI on your Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 6144MB GDDR5? :)

Glad it worked out, have a nice weekend!

CHeers

mike reynolds likes this.
  2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Found I have displays ports and a cable....give that a try at full beans!

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Dont forget to change your frame rate limiter if you havent already. :)

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yeah, that should work.

Wait a minute, you probably connected HDMI to the motherboard instead of the graphics card, right? That would explain the HDMI -> HDMI2.0b differences maybe :p

Seria17hri11er and mike reynolds like this.
  5. @mike reynolds please tell me you didn't connect your monitor to your Mother board, AKA onboard graphics. You should also go into the motherboard BIOS/UEFI and disable onboard graphics.

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Onboard graphics and 4K... That would explain the single digit frame rate :)

7. MiKeAhOwSkI

MiKeAhOwSkI Gamer

Wouldn't be the first time it has happened. Hope you get it sorted. otherwise I'd say post a picture of the back of your computer so we can see where everything is plugged in.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

yep, thats a pretty common fault people do if you read around a bit on hardware forums. :)

9. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

now you've got it hooked up to your graphics card and changed your fps cap to 60 or 63 it should be sweet, but you're still having issues?

have you downloaded proper graphics drivers? select your card and operating system on the link below and it'll download the correct one
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

on my media pc windows 10 was all up to date but gave choppy playback, seems the generic windows 10 driver is not as good as the one windows selects, could be worth a try

10. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

11. mike reynolds

Thanks again guys...got a couple of hours driving in at last...got a few more questions but those can wait until tomorrow...2 more pressing ones though

1) using the display ports game be several blue screen crashes (memory management) switched back to HDMI and that seemed to stop it....any thoughts?
    2) how do disable onboard graphic on the motherboard?

Thanks

12. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Responses in bold in your quote.

Since you have a 4k screen and a gtx 1060, frame rate may be bad if you try to play on high graphics settings. That is a seriously demanding resolution, and even high end computers cant handle it very well yet.

In game, try setting your resolution to 1920 x 1080 as others have suggested. Tick the box that says "full screen rendering" and then also move that frame rate slider to unlimited, you dont need to mess with it now.

Once you set the resolution as such, run the benchmark via the button in game, and post the results here. Without this, it is tough to help you further since the info you are providing is a bit confusing.

Cheers

13. TDS

TDS Alien

best decision ever... PC gaming master race. My only console was a mega drive 16 bit with road rash, golden axe and ToeJam & Earl, classics hehehe. PC since than.

Welcome to the PC gamers lol

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Lol, Golden Axe, remeber that one from the arcades :)

Myself, I've had all PS consoles, at ps4 now, mainly to play Fifa and familystuff in the livingroom. But yeah, not much gaming at all the last many years after simracing. And blablah bablah, OT, sorry!

To OP, don't forget video with your new findings.

TDS likes this.
  15. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Don't forget Road Rash 2 which had chains as well as clubs to batter the other bikers with. Then there was Rock and Roll Racing where you drive cars that fired missiles whilst listening to a rock soundtrack. The simulation value was off the scale back then :D

TDS and Schnipp like this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Road Rash (2) [​IMG]

TDS and LeiF like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

imo it would be a real shame to run 1080p on a 4k monitor + you will have to run very high & demanding AA. AC & racing games in general are plagued with jaggies. I believe with some patience, nVidia inspector tweaks and testing different AC settings & some ac ini file tweaks you should be able to run 4K or closer to it. If you cant be bothered then at least try some lower 16:9 resolutions closer to 4K. Pick any off the resolutions in green between 1080p & 4k from this link.

https://pacoup.com/2011/06/12/list-of-true-169-resolutions/

I would suggest somewhere around 3200×1800. I would also install something like evga precision X to monitor your GPU.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

i would also suggest altering to this:-

Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\Graphics.ini

[DX11]
    MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1

19. mike reynolds

Thanks, not had much time today but have been fiddling and so far 2048 x 1152 seems to give the best compromise between FPS and jaggies!... ini file tweaks are probably beyond me at the mo (v new to this PC lark).... what is AA? Have fiddles with nut was not sure what is what for....

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@mike reynolds - AA = Anti Aliasing :) I am running 3456x1944 DSR @ 120hz on a 1080p monitor with a GTX 780ti and am getting between 70-90 fps with 24 cars.

In time you will start learn a few tricks & will want to tweak things to get the most out of AC & your sweet hardware. After all that should be a fairly big factor in your transition from console
    to pc.

Below are my AC video settings & nVidia Inspector profile to consider for the future. For now you may want to check your global 3d profile to make sure its not doing anything that is overly taxing your GPU & killing your AC fps. Good Luck ;)

Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\Graphics.ini

[DX11]
    MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1

Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini

[VIDEO]
    FULLSCREEN=1
    ANISOTROPIC=16
    AASAMPLES=2
    VSYNC=0
    AAQUALITY=1
    SHADOW_MAP_SIZE=2048
    DISABLE_LEGACY_HDR=1