1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Switched from Xbox to PC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mike reynolds, Jan 27, 2017.

1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Today my 1st gaming PC arrived...knew it wouldnt exactly be plug n play but tonight have spent 3 hours setting up...setting up steam....downloading AC etc: Have three issues at the moment...

1) thrustmaster TX wheel is not recognised
    2) can't start race from start button
    3) can't play sound through monitor (not AC related)

Had a quick search on the forum and have seen potential fixes for 1) and 2) but not tried them yet, totally stumped by 3 though!

Had taken tomorrow off for decorating but have a feeling trouble shooting will come first...welcome to the wonderful world of PC gaming! :)

ShredatorFIN and AvGas like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Automatic Wipers not switched on Sep 14, 2020
    ACC Physics 911 Cup Bump Rebound Switched at front axis May 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer (v0.6.2) qualifying session switched between day and night Mar 8, 2019
    ACC Physics BMW ECUMap in Car can´t be switched through all Stages Nov 29, 2018
    Chit Chat Room The "I switched my work hours for MP launch day" thread May 2, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Switched Users Nov 22, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Frame drop or freeze on Xbox series X Mar 17, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX SERIES S VERSION 1.7.2 NOT UPDATED? Dec 6, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023

3. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

PC gaming takes a little more "care & feeding" but the rewards are much improved performance and the ability to add apps which extend the gaming experience and add extra content.

I will never go back to console gaming. If I want to play on my big screen TV I do so with my Nvidia Shield and my gaming PC.

AvGas and OliW like this.
  4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

For #3 go to the right side of the task bar, right click on the speaker symbol and select "Playback Devices", look for your monitor in there and by right clicking on the monitor listing, set is as standard playback device. Also you´re sure that your monitor cable is capable of transmitting sounds (Is it HDMI)?

Diogo Ramalho, Schnipp and Horus like this.
  5. Horus likes this.
  6. hazardic

hazardic Alien

welcome aboard!
    what forced you to move from xbox to pc?

7. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

For #3 also you may have to disable all the other devices in the playback devices menu, thats how it works for me: monitor speakers only work if they are the only ones that enabled.

mike reynolds likes this.
  8. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

ShredatorFIN, AvGas, aphidgod and 5 others like this.
  9. mike reynolds

Thanks for the reply's all

Yes tried this, the HDMI cable plays sound through the same HDMI port on the monitor on my xbox, so I knows its PC related. I can get sound on it via my headphone and the xbox controller...have ready somewhere about reinstalling the graphics card driver but think I'll speak to the supplier (overclockers) before I try this

Thanks, saves me looking for it!

Quite a few reason really, but mainly because I love AC, not touched another game since I bought and felt it would be a better all round experience on PC, the other reason is opportunities for upgrading my driving rig....

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@mike reynolds
    dont connect your wheel to the pc before the install ask you to

11. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Re the sound issues you might want to check the sample rate in whatever sound software you are using. I've encountered this problem a couple of times after AC or sound driver updates, 44.1 kHz works on my system but at the higher rates like 96 kHz I get no sound in AC. This might just be what worked for me but I thought I'd mention it in case it helps.

With the TX458 wheel, make sure you run the Configuration Wizard in the AC, Settings, Controls menu. I know AC has a preset for the TX wheel these days but that has never worked for me but starting with the Configuration Wizard always has. You'll also need to make sure you have Combine With Keyboard checkbox selected in the advanced tab to use your keyboard with the wheel. You'll then need to assign the keys you want to use in the Secondary Tab. Welcome to the world of PC faffing about, but once it is all working prepare to see AC in a very different and glorious light. :)

Seria17hri11er and mike reynolds like this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'd argue helping to set up his game so he can play at all takes priority over any mods right now...

For 2) make sure your graphics driver is up to date, your video settings are correctly set to your monitor resolution and type (presumably single screen) and if nothing helps try verifying the game files through Steam first (might not have downloaded everything properly).

Also, don't forget to put your PC specifications in your forum signature, makes it easier to help.

13. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Certain amount of luck involved with PCs.... my old PC worked perfectly straight out of the box whatever I was doing. My new one has been a pain in the neck and is needing a lot of cajoling :(

Maybe worth investing in some speakers rather than waste too much time getting your monitor speakers to work, probably sound better than built in speakers?

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of PC simracing! Lots of fun stuff to check out: Dirt Rally, rFactor, Raceroom, Automobilista, GTR2, GPL, Richard Burns Rally, Nascar Racing 2003 Season..... lots of options for expensive gear: triple screens or VR, button boxes, handbrakes, load cells etc etc.

The decorating can wait, I've been living in a half finished house for years :D

14. mike reynolds

thanks for the advice guys (keep it coming!)

Sound fixed...1 down, two to go!

MBK72 likes this.
  15. Welcome aboard, hopefully you get all your issues sorted soon so you can dive in! It will be very interesting to hear the opinion of what the transition is like going from AC on console to PC.

Also, once you get sorted and ready to start reaping the benefits of the PC - check this thread out for some great mod recommendations. Basically anything you see that gets recommended more than once is great quality and worth a look.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-appreciation-thread.41355/page-2#post-816559

16. mike reynolds

Getting closer! TX wheel sorted

Got beyond start button then PC crashed! Try again now.....

MBK72 likes this.
  17. Have you checked you resolution settings (in AC)? Make sure its correct, sometimes it defaults to a non-resolution and won't load.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Or the refresh rate in the graphics.ini file under user docs..

What are your specs? nVidia DSR helps allot with AA Jaggies..

19. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Nice to see so more people switching from xbox to pc. I did the same 2 months ago and the only thing i regret is i waited so long to make this decision.

Minolin, Coanda, Tomcul and 2 others like this.
  20. mike reynolds

Got to play!

Next problem...frame rate is appalling....I mean really bad so clearly another issue to resolve, my PC spect as follows:

(1x) Kolink Pitch Midi Tower Case - Black
    (1x) Team Group Elite 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C16 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (TPKD416GM2400HC16D
    (1x) Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    (1x) Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - OEM (ST1000DM010)
    (1x) OcUK 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM
    (1x) Asus PCE-N15 300Mbps 802.11B/G/N Wireless PCI-E Network Adapter
    (1x) Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit DVD - OEM (MS-KW9-00139)
    (1x) Standard Build Systems - Dispatched within 7 working days
    (1x) Intel Core i5-7600K 3.80GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
    (1x) Alpenföhn Sella CPU Cooler SI - 92mm

Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU-B1 28" 3840x2160 TN FREESYNC 4K 60Hz 1ms Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor -

What should I trouble shoot next....and thanks!

21. Are you rinning at 4k? I'm not up to date with current GPUs, but I'm not sure a GTX1060 is up to 4K gaming. Try the resolution at 1080p, see what sort of framerate you get with that.

nate likes this.