1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Switched from Xbox to PC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mike reynolds, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

also if your screen doesn't tear or stutter I would recommend turning off v-sync & FPS cap. v-sync will add to your input lag + tax the GPU & why cap when you can have extra frames. Some systems stutter with frame fluctuations & some don't... trial & error ;)

2. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

This is incorrect. Using Vsync would lessen the load on the gpu since you would be capping how many frames it renders.

When you let it render an unlimited amount of frames, it would be working to its maximum. Limiting the framerate should also lessen the load somewhat. For instance, rendering 150 fps, is more taxing than rendering 60. That said, Vsync does have some overheard. So, if you were only getting 60 fps without having Vsync on or capping frame rate, if you turned Vsync on, you would end up with slightly lower fps.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@nate - I take your point. I am not referring to crazy high frame rates like 150 FPS +. As mentioned i am in the 70-90 FPS range. I would rather this than 60 fps v-sync. Plus i dont want the extra added input lag. I didn't word my response post correctly. Sorry. If you don't have tearing with capped 59,60,61,62,63,64 FPS then turn v-sync off.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    nate likes this.
  4. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Ahh, misunderstood the point you were making in that case. Sorry about that. :p

Cheers

5. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

your system should run 4K at a good frame rate.

1) Use the DisplayPort output/input.
    2) Turn AA "off.
    3) Set framerate limit "off".
    3) Set your other graphic quality settings to intermediate values not max.

You should have a great picture, no lag and a highly playable framerate.

I ran at GTX 970 on a 4K monitor with these settings and was completely happy with the results. I had a min frame rate about 60 fps and an avg about 75 fps.

Coanda likes this.
  6. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Was having some VTTCPU temp issues, so I spring cleaned the system, dropped the Vcore down by 1/2 Volt, CPU temps went down by 10c.

Anyhoo before the cleaning and what not, I had to use Adaptive vsync, far the best option, when it comes too which Vsync to use.
    Best of both worlds, plus the cpu wasn't doing the nine to a dozen.

not really impressed with NVidia's new fast sync.

--------------------------------------​

mike, you said "2048 x 1152" was the best res so far, which leads me to your GPU having the grunt to drive this sim @ 4k.
    Reminds me of my gtx670, which ran out of steam. (Roughly same bandwidth)

Shame Overclockers didn't remind you of this hurdle, when you ordered the 4k monitor.
    what you need is the 1070 (min) or the 1080
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Have a word with overclockers, tell them your dilemma, I`m sure they can sort something out.
    like exchange the gpu with something with a bit more grunt.

Enjoy your new toy:)

Benchmark Video of the 1080 using Adaptive Vsync.

7. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

PC sent back today :-( Was getting a ridiculous numbers of BSOD errors and 2 hours on the phone with Overclockers this morning was unable to diagnose anything. Back to the xbox for a few days (at least it looks better on the new monitor than it did on the old TV!)

kofotsjanne likes this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Was probably a good idea to send it back. Issues with computers where you cant locate the issue can be a pita even for experienced users. Hope you get better luck with your new pc. :)

nate likes this.
  9. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

"which leads me to your GPU having the grunt to drive this sim @ 4k"

dang, forgot to put the word "not", so much for my proof reading when tired. :oops:

which leads me to your GPU "not" having the grunt to drive this sim @4K

10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Back in room!

PC returned today with a replacement for the faulty RAM which explained last weekends BSOD issues...hopefully I can just focus on optimising for AC now not just getting the damn PC to work!

11. Gsgomma!

Gsgomma! Racer

IMHO I would go for AMD RX 480 instead of GTX1060 cause your monitor is FREESYNC that is a feature only for AMD card, Nvidia use G-SYNCH

12. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

Get rid of dynamic reflections if you want to gain easy fps. choose static.