1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[to DEVs] Will this game be endurance-friendly?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Pablos16, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Richie Speed

Richie Speed Gamer

I'm not one to complain, but considering the amount pit stops would add I do think it would have been a good choice to have them high on the priority list.

Saying that, I have no idea at all what the developers have planned and what problems/schedules they are working with. Their idea of building a solid base first and then progressing is very sensible and I agree 100% with it, I think maybe pit stops could have been part of that base, but again, I do not know what's happening behind the scenes so I can not really comment.

Either way, hopefully pit stops are here eventually.

ooqbar and LTC Mike (40plus) like this.
  2. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I believe that's on the cards yes. Racing line and marbles I recall were said to be on the list to be included at some point.

3. Damn that will mess up my super offline overtakes :eek::D

4. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

This game is open to all modders, isn't it? If it's as simple as a few lines of code, why are you all yammering about what Kunos should be doing. Didn't they make it openly available for this kind of functionality? If it's that important, I give it one week before modders have something already in place to address this. And in my experience, passionate modders come up with some really brilliant solutions - sometimes better than the developer could have done!
    Relax!

5. Erwin

Erwin Racer

If it was possible to change tyres via an app...

Here's an idea how it could look like:
    pitapp.png
    This app would pop up when you're stopped at your box. The time at the top starts ticking. When you check the boxes for changing tyre/fuel, a certain wait time is displayed below, and you cant move until it's 0 seconds.

6. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

When you enter the pits the autopilot should take over keeping the car at 80kmph while you adjust the settings.

7. Erwin

Erwin Racer

No the pitstop time should be subtracted from the 'wait time', so if you are already 10 seconds stopped, there would be no waiting time. I rather keep control over the car (including pressing the limiter button!)

Lukapsb and LTC Mike (40plus) like this.
  8. According to the devs, mods are limited to adding cars and tracks; also apps that use python can be made....According to them, core changes to the base game are not allowed or possible...that being said, modders are pretty ingenious so we will have to see how things work out.

9. Ahmad

Ahmad Gamer

I think it's amazing that AC will not have pit stops for it's official release. That's just crazy. Pit stops are just.. they should be a pillar, not an afterthought.

10. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

I'm surprised they're not planning to implement pit stops, think it would add a lot to the game :(

11. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

It's coming. Just after 1.0

It'll be a while, and maybe driver change will never be fully supported, but we'll have pitstops eventually

12. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Everyone will have differing priorities in terms of the features they expect. I personally am not all that excited about the career mode, but I'm sure some players will love it etc. People have different interests and whilst I agree with what a lot of people are saying about pit stops etc, there are other features that people are waiting on, day/night cycle etc.

13. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

This is my thinking...

Kunos needs to lure and convert? arcade/simcade racers...
    What are those users use to? ~5 laps..

So why put effort into something that only a few will use... that said.. some may never care to run more than 5 laps..

That time and effort should be aimed at making AC rock solid and net code that people use as a bar to compare other games with....

Edit..
    I'm not saying AC shouldn't have pitstops... I personally want them to be complex and require thinking... by no means a puzzle but most races are won in the pits and I think it should require some work. Then again in the real world.. the driver just has to show up..

I just don't think it should be top priority.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  14. PeterBoes

PeterBoes Rookie

A racing game without Pitstops...what a Nonsens! Pitstops are essential for every league, Championships or even Training for Events. No Pit Stops no AC...

15. no pitstop = no simulation
    Assetto corsa = death

16. Lukapsb

Lukapsb Racer

This is just my oppinion and dont get me wrong when i say this, but most of us bought the game just because of the multiplayer experience, so we can experience racing as real as it gets on a racing simulator against other people/drivers, most of us arent here because of the single player racing and carrer mode, although it can be fun (dont get me wrong, i dont have anything against people that like carrer mode and single player racing, everyone likes something) most of us are here because of competitive racing, because when the sim is finished and out completly, more and more simracing teams are gona start to pop up, those same teams will start to organize various competitions and league races, and we will surely have 4h, 6h and 12h races if not 24h which i know there will be, and i cant imagine that kind of long races without driver changes and pitstops, thats just unreal and it would ruin the racing experience completely, so pitstops and driver changes are a MUST for a racing sim that wants to be taken seriously!

17. LOL, Emo Much???

Digital Aura likes this.
  18. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Kunos make sure to employ these people. They know the industry.

Digital Aura likes this.
  19. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Pit stops make sense only if you drive more than 30 laps, so you pit in at 15-20. Not many players can go that distance. There's also no change in weather which would force the pitstop for rain tires.

One option would be 1h race with mandatory pit stop like GT3 does. So a 30 minutes stint, 40 second (or whatever it is) pitstop to simulate driver change and 30 minutes to finish. I could drive that, but on a rare occasion.

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  20. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Racer

Hi All I am going to test 100 laps of monza I am hoping I can pit and refuel and change tyers .
    I will Be Running a server test tomorrow Sunday 8/6/214 I will be using GTC GT2 GT3 GT4 and LMP
    All are welcome to test with me I will restart server in the morning
    If pitstops do not work I will then be running a 43 lap race as that is the max laps a p4/5 can hold

My Server name is esracing.co.uk and the password is ESR

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014