1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[to DEVs] Will this game be endurance-friendly?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Pablos16, Dec 13, 2013.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

If we will not have pits stops at V1.0, it means that we will not have damage too. It will serious affect AC to be in the SIM state.

I think it all have to be a question of strategy to release AC as soon as possible.

Looks like they are struggling about race rules implementation, like times, flags, and so on. Or just waiting for the missing optimization to be done. I hope that developer already have ideas how to do it.

What we need for V1.0 is at least a solid rock MP (completed modding tools, too) and AC will live for a short time at the Sim community with sprint races.

LTC Mike (40plus) likes this.
  2. Jeff Eckert

Jeff Eckert Gamer

Endurance Racing or just Racing also includes Dynamic Weather for me.

From Cloudfree Sunny Sky to Thunderstorming Amrmageddon Weather everything between should be implented.
    No need to talk about Day/Night Cycle, also needs to be implented.

So, there is much to do from the Dev`s side to make this a good Racing Simulation.

3. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

As much as I hate admitting that to myself, I highly doubt we'll ever get to see that.

Jeff Eckert likes this.
  4. Sounds to me like you guys should be playing rf2....I have no idea why there is never anybody online when it has all the features that some of you consider a 'must'.

TCLF, Digital Aura and Big Engine like this.
  5. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Maybe they like AC's physics and gameplay better like myself?

Still, that's no excuse not to want basic features like pit-stops.

6. Wanting is one thing (I want all that cool stuff also) but saying that AC is 'dead' or 'arcade' or any other nonsense because they aren't implemented yet and won't be for quite some time is a bit ridiculous. The simple facts are that pit stops won't be here for a while and there is nothing that can be done about that, including starting hundreds of useless threads.

It would seem to some people these features are more important than the actual physics so I wonder why they aren't playing a sim that already has them? (and the physics in rf2 aren't bad by any means, they just aren't as good as AC IMO)

TCLF, Digital Aura and Phil64 like this.
  7. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Oh come on, don't even address those people, it's like food for them.

The same goes for people wanting more cars, which just goes to show they haven't spent enough time in any of the available ones. :)

8. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

This is THE answer

Jeff Eckert likes this.
  9. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

This is AC for me right now. Casual MP sprint races on public servers.
    Racedepartment already exhausted all the GT3 track combos, lol. Now they're on F1 and abarth, which isn't my cup of tea...

10. xSYOx

xSYOx Hardcore Simmer

+1, and you dont exactly need to make a 30 laps race to usepitstop since there is two option already in game called "tyre wear and fuel usage" without the properly function to you fix them so whats the point make that?

day and night is a really huge job to be done.. but pits? for aris and stefano that coded AI and the physics of the game i have no doubt that they could spent nothing more than one day to code this essential function before 1.0v

if you wanna make guys on mp do pits just adjust these values high and fine

11. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Except for the fact that we already have engine damage, a damage app and that the visual damages showed up briefly for some car in one of the previous versions

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The game's only been available early access for less than a year. I think we've seen a decent amount of high quality content released in that time.

I'll take quality over quantity this time, besides you can already get quantity plenty of other places.

nivadepi and Dany Mitchel like this.
  13. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

And this sounds like you had come from GT5 or 6 or what ever it is call, console game.
    Don't ever say what other should do, sound that you have a lot to learn.

14. TCLF

TCLF Alien

actually, @Michael Hornbuckle makes a big point. He is not saying "you HAVE to play rF2". it's a bit of advanced english and hard to understand for not native english speakers, but indirectly he is simpy asking why people aren't playing rF2 even if it has everything everyone seeks for. just for a clarification.

a lot of people aren't, I think, because of a simple reason. When rF2 came in beta, people left the game, because they dont understand what beta means and because the tire model was pretty ****. Why aren't they coming back? because everyone left and the sim is dead. second reason: they rely on 3rd party websites for leagues and events. guess what, doesn't work. It's almost impossible to find a league (if you even know where to look) and then you need to be lucky that they run what suits you. Why not start a thing of your own? because the community is slit over all those other websites and couldn't give a **** about yours, because there's nobody driving it.

LTC Mike (40plus) and MGK like this.
  15. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Racer

I have rf2 and I think for a game released even as a beta using a dx9 engine is going to loose with all its great features if it looks poor then it is going to loose out. I think they feel rf will carry them it lead the filed for years.
    shame they do not have any dx11 coders. I mean we have Pcars and Assetto Corsa showing the old hands what it is we want not selling us something outdated. that is imo anyway not worth anything but as a consumer

16. LOL, wrong, guess again.

Here is my point (since it obviously went flying above your head):

I am curious why, instead of crying and moaning about features that aren't here and won't be for at least a year, the whiners don't go play rf2 since it has all of the features that so many consider more important than anything else. At a later date in time when AC gets these features come back and play AC. Your PC should be able to handle having more than one game/sim installed on it and Kunos aren't going to blacklist you because you 'cheated' on them with another game.

When people say that pitstops, or nighttime, or rain is the most important feature ever and there is no way that something can be considered a 'sim' without them I figured they would like to know that there is something out there that has them covered right now.

I guess people actually think that if they whine and cry long and loud enough about something that Kunos will somehow change their minds and magically implement the features that they have said they don't have time to do.

If pit stops and the such were that important to me I think I would go play something that has them instead of wasting time begging for something that the devs have already said is a good ways off.

The real shocker that will blow people away is when they realize the the guys at Kunos actually want us to buy all the game/sims available so that the genre will have half a chance of surviving; only narrow minded simpletons subscribe to the 'there can only be one' theory.

TCLF and Snjper like this.
  17. panda

panda Racer

pitstops are actually supported... rally-style :p

Shaddix and Snjper like this.
  18. when to Assetto Corsa will be published??

19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

when they have put in what they think is needed for a 1.0 racing simulator

20. and there are for me pit stop, weather, etc. into play