1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tyre temperature related to tyre pressure

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Chicolini, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Chicolini

Chicolini Rookie

Before posting this topic I saw the similar issue also posted in the PC section:
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyre-pressure-and-temperature-corelation.33303/

It looks like this issue is still present on PS4 (and probably also on XB1).
    I did some testing with different tyre pressures and it seems to have little or no effect on tyre temperature. I tested this with a friend on our own PS4 with our own copy of the game. KTM X-bow was tested during practise at Imola. At standard (25 psi) tyre pressure, the tyre temperature is around 75-80 degrees Celsius after a few laps driving. Ambient temperature was at 26 degrees C. I wanted the temperature to become higher and adjusted the pressure to 18 psi at all tyres. I had little to no effect on the tyre temperature while you might expect a higher temperature if you lower the pressure (correct me if I'm wrong, or if are other parameters are involved).
    After this I drove the Corvette C7r racecar to Imola and after lowering the standard tyrepressure to 17 psi, only the frontleft tyre was around 100 degrees C and the other tyres stuck around 75-80 degrees C. This seems weird, also because Imola is a circuit that's going counterclockwise, so you expect the right tyres to be warmer than the left ones.
    My friend expirienced practically the same issues. He also performed a burnout in a BMW Z4 GT3 and thereby heating his rear tyres to around 300 degrees C, so that seems properly simulated.

Someone who has the same struggles with this issue? To me the correlation between tyre pressure and tyre temperature just does not seems to be correct.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.7.2 tyre temperature Aug 23, 2023
    ACC Physics Tyre Temperature drops very fast in SinglePlayer Sessions [User set wet track] Mar 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TYRES: PRESSURES AND TEMPERATURE Jul 4, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyre temperatures, dry and wet Apr 20, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyres temperature drastically drop two laps after the pit stop in a specific turn of the track. Oct 13, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres How to interpret tyre temperature curve files (e.g. tcurve_semis.lut) Jul 9, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Car setup - perfect tyre temperatures vs. same tyre pressure on all 4 tyres Sep 25, 2017
    Console Lounge Setup: tyre pressures vs temperature and compound selection. Aug 23, 2017
    Bug reports Tyres temperature display in setup screen Feb 23, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Tyres temperature display is incorrect Feb 22, 2017
    Console Lounge Tyre temperature Feb 18, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Tyre Temperature Sep 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What are the "screws" in the cars setup to control tyre temperatures? Aug 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Tips to get Lotus 2-Eleven tyres on temperature? Aug 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room F488 GT3 tyre temperatures, setup work, Brands GP Aug 1, 2016

3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

There seems to be no relationship between pressure and temperature in game right now. Pressure doesn't seem to change at all from what it has been set to.

Switch tyre blankets off note that the hot pressure is lower than the cold pressure.

Hit the track do some laps, tyres heat, hot pressure does not change!?

If this is a physics thing or a problem with the information being shown in the setup screen I do not know! :( Either way I am a little blind as to what is going on with the dirty black things that connect the car to the road.

Camber also seems to have more of an influence on temperatures than pressure right now, but I am not sure if the inside, middle and outside temperatures are being displayed correctly either! :eek: I can feel the wheel become heavier with a camber change so it is doing something.

Have to grab some screens and or make a clip I guess...

4. campodicasa

campodicasa Rookie

Would like to at that wile performing the burnout (straight line) the rear tyre with lower pressure got lower temperature in comparison with the other rear tyre with higher pressure. That's strange. Because lower pressure results in more friction, and so, causes more temperature. And that's not the data I received.

Drove some laps with lowest pressure and some laps with maximum pressure. I did feel some difference between both sessions. With maximum pressure I feel more sliding in corners (like it should).

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That would just be a pit menu issue possibly its just showing start pressures and temps rather then last known from last session. In PC version you can see live temps and pressures and these are critical to car setup, I dont have a console version but is there any app that shows you tyre temps or pressures on the hud for your version.

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

We only have the information from the screen in the setup menu's. No other information is available at this time. Hopefully we get something at some point I'd like to know a little information about what the tyres are doing!

The hot pressures only relate to tyre blanket temps then?

Matt White likes this.
  7. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Some of the GT-cars(Nissan GT-R GT3 and Corvette C7R for example) have live tyre pressure onboard.

Matt White likes this.
  8. Chicolini

Chicolini Rookie

Am I doing something wrong or is the tyre temperature since patch 1.03 not available at all? When I enter the pits after some laps during practise, the tyre temps are 'n/a'.
    I think one of the basic things to start with making a car setup is to decide the right tyre pressure to assure the tyre temps are within a good range. Now this seems to be impossible.

9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I seem to remember that tyre wear needs to be on to see temperatures.

10. Chicolini

Chicolini Rookie

You are right, my mistake! Altough tyre pressure still seems to have no influence on the tyre temps. This simply cannot be possible and seems to be bugged...

11. I noticed that the tire wear is always zero when getting into the pits, even after a 10 lap race on soft tires. I've seen graining at 17%, blistering at 6%, with tire wear 0%.

Another thing I noticed on a practice session (Lotus two eleven,):
    - drive some laps on Imola, back to pits, tire temps around 57 degrees.
    - 1 psi change to tire pressures, continue driving some laps, tire temps around 60 degrees.
    - reduced fuel load, reduce TC, some more laps, back to pits on near empty tank, tire temps are now 37 degrees ?!?!?.

In settings tire wear set to "on", and mechanical damage to 100%, no tire blankets.

12. In correction to my previous post, there is tire wear, just a lot less than I expected. One race with 7 laps yesterday indicated 1% wear. I guess you can always increase the multiplier, but I imagined there would be more wear on the default setting.

13. Console pit status: uh.. non-status. Tire O-M-I readings are mixed up. Camber and Toe are mixed on some cars. You're better off just driving by feel alone.

14. Could it what the OP reports correlates to errors in-pit displayed values?

For the two issues I reported here I will open support tickets, unless anyone refutes my findings in the next days. In summary, the 37 degrees temps after a 20 lap practice session, and an expected 700 laps tire lifetime based on the 1% readout.

15. I would love to get that sort of Tyre life. been doing a lot of the Career and currently in the SLS GT3 Extreme series. be lucky to have the softs last 12-17 laps and keep par with AI on Very Hard without making mistakes.

I've personally taken no notice of the tyre temps but i do feel cars behave differently with different tyre pressures.