1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tyre Temperature

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by ChuckWagon, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ChuckWagon

ChuckWagon Racer

I do not understand why tyre temperatures are 13 degrees F cooler than ambient shortly after start of an event.

I did some testing with ambient set to 26 C (79F) and it seems like it takes about 1/8 mile of driving before temperatures are reported in setup and they are as stated above. This was done in several of the single car DRIVE options.
    Driving a Toyota GT86 at Silverstone National for 5 laps and tyre temps are still not at ambient. Right rear is at 58 degrees F, which is cooler that start of drive.
    Drove Mercedes SLS AMG for 5 laps and right rear was 5 degrees F cooler than after 1/8 mile data.

It would be nice if all units were either Metric or Imperial depending on a user selected unit of measurment.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.7.2 tyre temperature Aug 23, 2023
    ACC Physics Tyre Temperature drops very fast in SinglePlayer Sessions [User set wet track] Mar 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TYRES: PRESSURES AND TEMPERATURE Jul 4, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyre temperatures, dry and wet Apr 20, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyres temperature drastically drop two laps after the pit stop in a specific turn of the track. Oct 13, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres How to interpret tyre temperature curve files (e.g. tcurve_semis.lut) Jul 9, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Car setup - perfect tyre temperatures vs. same tyre pressure on all 4 tyres Sep 25, 2017
    Console Lounge Setup: tyre pressures vs temperature and compound selection. Aug 23, 2017
    Bug reports Tyres temperature display in setup screen Feb 23, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Tyres temperature display is incorrect Feb 22, 2017
    Console Lounge Tyre temperature Feb 18, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Tyre temperature related to tyre pressure Sep 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What are the "screws" in the cars setup to control tyre temperatures? Aug 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Tips to get Lotus 2-Eleven tyres on temperature? Aug 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room F488 GT3 tyre temperatures, setup work, Brands GP Aug 1, 2016

3. This shouldn't be the case - at least in the PC version tyre/brake temps never go below ambient temps. Double check you are not reading track temps in instead of ambient.

4. ChuckWagon

ChuckWagon Racer

I am reading the ambient temperature from the Gameplay options setup page.
    Also read Ambient of 26C from Session information page, and asphalt was 32C.

5. Must be a bug then if tyre temps are below that.

6. Don't want to sound like a complete newbie to ac here but where are uou reading tyre Temps from?

7. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Setup menu when you're in the pits.

8. Thanks mate. Is there no way of viewing them whilst racing? Like on a app on my Phone etc?

9. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

At this time, unfortunately no.

MidzzFinest_Lee likes this.
  10. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Dunno if this is related, but in my first race that was over 4 laps, the grip on my wheels seemed to be like I was driving on ice all of a sudden somewhere in lap 5. Whereas it was fine for the first 4 laps.

11. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

This sounds like temps shown in pits are in °C. Go out on the track, stop once you are out of the pits, wait 2-3 mins without moving, go back to pits and I bet the temps will be 26.

The temps are initially high(around 80°C) when you start driving if the tyre blanket option is ON, otherwise they will be at ambient.

12. silicijevadolina

silicijevadolina Simracer

Assetto Corsa does not simulate the temperature of tires-correctly!!

13. Please, enlighten us.

14. ChuckWagon

ChuckWagon Racer

That above is correct. I parked on the track for 5 minutes and temps were within 1 degree of ambient.
    Thanks, from this rookie for your help, PhilS13.

15. silicijevadolina

silicijevadolina Simracer

Did you know that the overheating of the brakes affects the temperature of the tires? AC simulates that?