1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #21 - Daily Driver

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Fernando007

Fernando007 Racer

2:24.920 PS4

Assetto Corsa21.jpg

Graveltrap, Fab85, DonZmeuheu and 3 others like this.
  2. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 2:23.424

I don't know how many more times I'm going to try this one. I just don't think everyone else is having to turn the wheel as far as I do. Going into turn one my left hand is in between the 2 and 3 o'clock position. That's a ton of steering effort to get this stupid car around corners and it still pushes outwards.

AC Wk 21 003.jpg

Graveltrap, Fab85, DonZmeuheu and 5 others like this.
  3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I do it's been a few days since I have driven the thing, but I can remember the feel through the wheel that I had overcome the front tyres grip and understeer has begun, this resulted in the application of more lock and a not very good lap.

@Jezza819 do you get the sensation of over coming the tyre grip through the wheel? BTW, the clip I posted shows the amount of steering lock being used.

Have you tried to make the rear of the car more mobile? Increasing tyre pressure above the 'ideal' seemed to be the best way for me with just a tiny bit of toe out.

Some more camber on the front helps with grip in the faster corners as well I think...

4. murfo

murfo Hardcore Simmer

Aaargh! You're gonna make me try to improve now, and I'm not sure the wife/kids will give me any more free time before tomorrow night, but I'll try. I feel the 22's are there for me if i really nail it

Sent from my Xperia Z5 using Tapatalk

365gt likes this.
  5. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

What really does my head in is when the ghost car appears and then i see red and try to chase it down which then looses me more time.I know if i mess up turns 1,2 and 3 there is no hope.two days left and will tweak the car further and try different breaking areas etc,here's hopin'

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I have the exact same problem.I will spend the weekend trying out various breaking points,turn in's etc.

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

[​IMG]
    2-3, 4-5, 6-7 & 10-11 all lead on to little straights or fast sections, you have to set yourself up for the 2nd corner in each of those, if you go too fast in 2, 4, 6 or 10 you can end up on the wrong side of the track or carrying too much speed for 3, 5, 7 & 11. Better to maximize exit speed out of 3, 5, 7 & 11 IMO. Less important in 6-7 than the others but you still need to line up for 7 through 6.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    local_man1234, Fab85, Kembro and 8 others like this.
  8. First lap posting of the week
    2:27.018 GT L4velle XB1
    Logitech G920 wheel with H shifter.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Danowat32 - 2:25.621 - PS4 pad.

Ridiculously slight 0.3s improvement, but an improvement none the less.
    It doesn't seem to matter if I drive slowly slowly catchy monkey, or drive the tits off the thing, I can't break 2.25.
    I'm stumped, no idea where you guys are getting 2.23's from, baffling.
    They say a bad workman always blames his tools, so I am going with the fact that I am using a pad that's the issue!
    anyway f**k this car!.
    [​IMG]

10. To be quite honest, I love this car and I don't know why:D
    [​IMG]
    First attempts, 2.29.481

11. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Line.png
    It's this sort of line for most corners around here that works well, as it maximizes exit speed onto the short straights that connect all the corners. If you dive into 2 and run wide then you make 3 much longer than it need to be and your'e still turning when you should be on the gas and straightening up down the straight.

Iv'e also been using all of the curbs on the entry to the corners to straighten the line as much as possible.

12. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Many thanks for this useful info.I'm still overdriving and i know i'm doing it and i am always on the wrong side of the track for the straights,it is getting better though.I did a 24.7?? earlier but i know i can go faster.The word discipline comes to mind!!!.

13. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for your input too.I'm always a bit offline for those straights but it is getting there.

paul_wev and matt5687 like this.
  14. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

2:25.157
    PS4
    T300
    IMG_20170304_1835287.jpg
    I know that with a fwd car you should drive smooth and more consistent. Haha...for me with especially this car this won't work. I slap the **** out of this gulietta and this is the only way how I can improve my lap time:)

15. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 2:24.755.PS4 IMG_0649.JPG This might be my very best.I'll have one more go tomorrow though.It's just that flippin voice in your head saying go on one more lap,ggrrrr help:confused::eek::confused:

16. murfo

murfo Hardcore Simmer

*improvement*
    2:23.052
    PS4
    G29

[​IMG]

Sent from my Xperia Z5 using Tapatalk

17. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

2:21.878 - OriginalR6kid - X1
    20170304_161417.jpg
    Finally got a couple of hours today to give this a go. Im not feeling this car,so this will probably be it for me...at least ive learnt another track:)

18. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 2:22:673 - PC - Dualshock 4 - No TC
    [​IMG]

I think i've tried the Giulietta only at Magione, but drive a FWD like this on Mugello is a total surpise and fun, maybe initially was frustrating, but with a bit of smoothness and precision (the big big weakness of a padder :D, and on that combo much more :eek:) and many learned tips you can gain good advantage on every curve; the setup for that type of car is clearly basic but you feel every change on it, and for everyone want to improve i think that a constant focus on your delta compared to your top best laptime (with the app ptracker for example) help a lot for know where you lost time e where you gain time on every curve, and you will able to improve your lines and better understand your mistakes ;).

19. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I'm using your setup from your 2:21.9 run. From your video going into turn 1 your onscreen left hand is right at 12:00 while mine like I said earlier is more in between 2:00 and 3:00 for a similar line through that turn. That's why I say I it feels like I'm having to use more steering input to achieve similar results. It really hurts in 2 and 3 because I have to crank over so hard to try and get some bite for 2, then I have to crank back the other way just as hard to try and make 3. It's just too much side to side.

I tried raising pressures to 40 all around because someone said that was probably ideal for consoles but to me that produced a whole lot more sliding and it only produced slower times.

365gt and murfo like this.
  20. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

(improvement) 2.21.908 PS4 http://prntscr.com/eg124v

I'm learning that I got no patience necessary to avoid overdriving, hope this is tyre model related, hearing pc replays the sound of tyre squeal is non even similar to ps4, where it's almost absent or very little. Tyre pressure I can use is about 32 or 33 psi, going up the grip is even reduced, not sure 100% about what I've just said but I wanted to say something..