1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #97 - Horse ride around the Highlands

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

I have nothing but strong love and emotions to the Gran Turismo series. I have the GT4 on PS2, and no matter how good AC or Pcars are,for me GT4 is still the greatest racing game ever made (i obviously have lots of emotional memories from my late childhood/early teens back from 2005/2006, this was the game that made me fell in love with motorsports so i know i'm very biased :p).That epic trailer (greatest trailer/intro ever made in any game!), the huge car selection,the first mindblowing graphics i've ever saw...

I don't own a PS3 so i dont know nothing about GT5/GT6,only what i saw from youtube videos.I got very sad when GT (just like AC) did the (in my opinion) very bad decision of leaving the bunch-of-different-cars-that-make-like-a-list-of-like-1200-cars-in-total-lol to focus on just a couple of cars and online racing.For that reason,i din't bought GTS, But i played it once on a showroom and had very good fun,started from 20th in a 2 lap race at a track i didnt know (one the fictional tracks) and ended in 3rd lol.Its obviously a sim-arcade game and not a pure sim and i highly dislike people saying it's a sim. But that's were the worth of the serie is,a challenging game that doesn't take much to master it and have fun.

Then,a couple of weeks ago,i saw it on youtube.There he was.I didn't think he made it into the game, but turns out they added it. The only thing capable of making me think twice about GTS.The Ford GT LM Race Car.It's the test version from GT6 and not the Spec II from GT4 but they are so similar it almost doesn't matter. And i think we can paint cars,so i would make it white with black stripes instead of black with grey stripes,just like the spec II.My favourite car ever (even though it's kinda fictional),the one that made a 12yo scream and jump with joy when he unlocked it back in GT4.I was so happy that day :)

So,is the game worth it?does it have a career mode,custom championships were you can individually choose cars like in AC,dymamic eather for every track like in Pcars?Is it fun?will i regret buying it?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  2. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Neilski - improvement: 2.11.074
    I had another session! ;)
    Improved my PB a few times, and each time thought I could still do a little better. Then I got this and thought "hell, surely I can get a 10 now, right?" (wrong :p) and spent quite a while fruitlessly chasing it.
    I am now really done, regardless of any last-minute improvements by anyone else :D
    upload_2018-9-30_22-44-8.png

3. Hugo Catarino

I know its hard but you guys are gonna have to park the lovely 458,because this challenge is over!

@Neilski snatches the win this week with a late lap,very well done by him! Congatulations to all though,very solid laps by everyone! :) Thank you for your participation and see you guys at the #98! :)

Final Standings:

1 - 2.11.074 Neilski PC
    2 - 2.11.565 the3ws PS4
    3 - 2.11.712 Lewisxbone X1
    4 - 2.12.390 AB770577 PS4
    5 - 2.12.835 Pretend racer PC
    6 - 2.13.675 LeiF PC
    7 - 2.13.861 Gijon X1
    8 - 2.14.082 Svenvangent PS4
    9 - 2.14.646 BrainsBush PC
    10 - 2.15.897 Moodyryder PS4
    11 - 2.16.002 365gt PS4
    12 - 2.16.248 Total Wrytoff PS4
    13 - 2.16.656 Sissydriver PC
    14 - 2.18.225 Laughing Gravy PS4

4. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

It doesn't have a great deal of offline content Hugo. There are a few championships in the so called "GT League" but they were only added as an afterthought. It's all about online play. If you don't do much multiplayer then I wouldn't buy it.

No dynamic weather only preset conditions and time of day.

The livery editor is a good feature. I know someone who spends more time painting cars than racing. For those of us less artistically gifted we can download any livery that others have produced. I like my F1 car that is decked out like an Alfa Romeo 182.

Anyway, even if you don't decide to buy it, here's a short video of your favourite car in action. I never changed the livery but you could have it however you wanted.Forgive the piloting please.

5. Hugo Catarino

That replay was a wonderful gift,thanks mate! :) Really enjoyed,and your driving was great as always!

Its sad to know that the game doesnt have much offline content tough,i dont see myself playing online since i dont want a ps plus subscrition.maybe i will buy in a couple of years,when it gets cheaper