1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #254

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Dec 4, 2021.

1. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

So the Nvidia cards just seem to work better especially for ACC performance wise it's a huge difference versus the Radeon cards so it wouldn't even be worth considering getting a Radeon card if you're going to use your PC primarily as a Sim rig and playing a lot of AC and ACC.

The new cards are all 3000 series from Nvidia and it goes 3060 then 70 80 90.

Performance goes up as well as price obviously but within each model say the 3070, and there's probably 40 different cards made from different manufacturers that have different clock speeds and number of fans etc. but you should be able to Google best 3070 card for example and you'll find plenty of videos breaking it down.

Epic is to graphics setting it is the most demanding and prettiest visuals.

Dlss is the new anti-aliasing technology Nvidia has come out with that is constantly learning and it adapts I guess and it makes your game perform better with an FPS bump. Usually around 5 to 15 FPS with each step. it has settings from best visuals to best performance.

FPS from the PS4 pro should be 60 Max that's the highest a PS4 pro can give in a game I believe.

But on a computer your FPS has no limits it's all dependent on your processor and your graphics card and then you need a TV or monitor that can then display in hertz that many FPS. Hertz equals FPS in gaming. so the higher the hertz screen you have the more FPS it can actually translate from your computer.

For example on the PS5 you can play in 4k 120 FPS / Hertz if you have a TV that can handle it or monitor

My TV is only 60 hertz 4K, but my computer can do 100 FPS in game when I play ACC but my TV can only translate 60 HZ so I'm technically only getting 60fps maximum at any time because that's all my TV can display.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    Peggy11 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  2. Wow! Thanks @SlowGrayAudi - hugely informative!

I'm cut n pasting that to refer to, as and when :)

Peggy11 and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  3. SlowGrayAudi

No problem at all!

Ask any questions you have. We'll all do our best to help. Im not the most knowledgeable but i know some.

Im sure goodgame and local_man can help as well. Although local_man has been absent for a while.

Peggy11 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  4. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Rod100
    6L 10.34.692
    PC

Very near my capabilities. 10.32 is reachable, but there's compromise with consistency. I've been using 3 clicks aft brake bias from wet standard setup.

TW, one story I can tell, it took me just one lap at my brother-in-law's PC in ACC to make my decision and buy a PC. You won't regret. PC configuration sounds overwhelming, but more important than the "right" config is to avoid a "bad" config. For that purpose I'm sure WHC participants will be willing to help.

SGA, try later enabling FSR instead of DLSS. I've seen an YouTuber stating that he preferred FSR over DLSS. My video card is weaker, but I've been experiencing about 120fps in 4K and FSR in performance mode. (DLSS not available for me, as I'm on a Radeon GPU)

My TV is also 60Hz, but, surprisingly, you can benefit from higher than 60fps on this kind of tv, the point here is to reduce input lag.

Regarding low fuel motorsports, great ACC servers and racing system, imo it fills a gap ACC had.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

5. SlowGrayAudi

Ill have to try fsr. I have an nvidia card so not sure if it works or not. But dlss on performance mode i got around 135 fps at 4k. I could only muster 90ish with regular AA.

Totall Wrytoff, Peggy11 and Rod100 like this.
  6. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

FSR is an AMD software based solution that works I any video card. Here is the video I watched:

Regarding higher fps on 60Hz monitor.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

7. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    10:38.275
    6 Laps
    PC

KTM Hotstint.png

Incremental improvement :D

8. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    10:33:237
    PC

Fun that....I never drive the KTM but it's a proper little go-kart in the wet.

ACC WHC Header2.PNG

9. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    10:30.125
    PC
    6 Laps

First time ever driving this combo, let alone in the rain. Only got time for 2 quick laps to get pressures set then one full run.

Definitely more time in it as i feel like I'm really bad in the braking zones.

Uploading pictures isn't working for some reason, I'm trying to get it fixed
    Untitlmjhed.jpg Untitled.jpg

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  10. SlowGrayAudi

11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Re the DLSS convo. It is also dependant on your current CPU strain. If the the CPU has plenty of headroom the FPS will improve more, that came from Aris’s vids. So even thought the GPU could do more with DLSS, it’s not always going to be able to. Wow, I’m really starting to sound like a PC guy

TW, my summary would be, after a lot of waffle from me - if you want the best experience of every racing sim available, get a PC. If your happy with how consoles play these games and the limited selection, stay with a console (which will improve with the new ones - but will still not be quite as good).

12. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

I don't think it's TW who needs to be persuaded.

It's his wife.

13. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    10:36.822
    6 Laps
    PC

OculusScreenshot1639224528.jpeg

I think I'm getting near to the limit of my abilities now.

14. SlowGrayAudi

For those on the ACC side. Make sure you lower that brake pressure to 90 or lower.

Just a tip if anyone isnt doing it. Also, dont just stamp on the brake pedal, you need to modulate it near the limit of engaging the ABS. Or your braking distance is significantly increased

15. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    10:34.042
    6 Laps

Didn’t see the replies saying post the improvements as you go - this is where I got to Friday before work got in the way!

Should have more time today so hoping to improve still.

Attached Files:

16. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    10:32.865
    6 Laps

And with braking turned down to 90%, huge difference in braking and forgot to do it again even though SGA gave the same advise in last wet WHC. No 44’s in this time which I am able to achieve now.

Attached Files:

17. :D:D:D

I thought, if I could persuade myself to buy a computer to play games on, I could certainly persuade my darling wife!;)

And thanks for the input @TinPeach I won't reinvest with Sony, so it is only a matter of time....

Rod100, SlowGrayAudi and TinPeach like this.
  18. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Final Results!

AC
    1. pretend racer 2.48.192 pc
    2. Totall Wrytoff 2.51.424 PS4
    3. TinPeach 2.53.199 PC
    4. Rod100 2.54.178 PC

ACC
    1. SlowGrayAudi 10:30.125 PC
    2. TinPeach 10:32.865 PC
    3. Mike Reynolds 10:33:237 PC
    4. Rod100 6L 10.34.692 PC
    5. Peggy11 10:36.822 PC

Well done everyone! Close battle on the ACC side, and the sloppy street car @SPA didn't draw as many people as I had hoped. Will the lure of Laguna bring out some more participants next week? If you have a combo request please lmk.

TinPeach, SlowGrayAudi and Rod100 like this.