1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What a joke

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Span801, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Jamesgrainge

Jamesgrainge Gamer

I can understand where the complaints are coming from though, after waiting goodness knows how many months to receive half a game takes a lot of coming back from. I have been waiting for this handling model and would leave a 5 star review based on that alone. It's the closest you are ever going to come to driving a car on a track, in a virtual way on consoles.

However, the devs do need to listen very carefully. Without VERY VERY swift remedial action, to put the FPS right, make multiplayer work (including free lobby creation or not) and to get the add on content available as DLC within the first few weeks will make or break this game. When console players, (especially in Europe and Us) pay for a game they want it to be working right from day one, Which is a shame , because from a handling perspective nothing comes even slightly close to this title,

DEVS, HIRE PEOPLE TO HELP OR FORGET ABOUT SLEEP?

2. pavano

pavano Simracer

and you know that as a fact (as you do state it) why?

so, Asian people and African, South and Central American people just give a sh***?
    and why again are you the voice of all the european and us gamers?

I'm sure the devs will "listen very carefully" to all the big daddies out there.

There are issues, definitely, with the console release. These issues are visible and tangible.
    And people should report them.
    Anything else...

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i don't think that was a fair comment from those ISR guys. i imagine they have lumped the 6 Evora's into 1 for that when in reality there are 2 full on race cars, 1 sports car with an h box, 1 tuned version of that sportscar and 2 baby supercars.

the countach and countach s1 should be considered 1 car for sure but not many of the others. those S versions are great! for example the s1 version of the abarth 500 means we can race it against the mx5 nd at shorter circuits where the stock 500 is a bit too slow. i think it's tuning done in a good way. another good example is the f40 s3 which, according to the blurb, comes with the factory option of modified turbos and boost which i think is pretty cool :)

if the cars were fully customizable surely they would have to do it in a kind of generic less realistic way (given how many cars there are!)

LeDude83 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. Greg7272

Greg7272 Gamer

OP very childish and rude. How can he say " what a joke" im surprise hes not arrested. I bet hes one of those typical forum guys that doesnt even bother having a proof reader, lawyer and PR firm to hand checking what he types before he posts it. Unbelievable in this day and age. Haha

StorkChop42, paul_wev and monkiusz like this.
  5. nasanu

nasanu Gamer

No, the PC community is unbelievably forgiving. PC sims for a very long time have gotten away with being completely rubbish in almost every aspect. Every PC sim has rubbish graphics, rubbish UX, rubbish career mode, rubbish online (apart from iracing) etc. The only thing they have ever got right is the driving model. Now the **** is hitting the fan because the game is being exposed to players not used to such low standards.

When back in 2013 I pushed for AC to come to PS4 I really thought that Kunos would realise that the normal PC crap wouldn't fly on consoles but I overestimated them.

Oh really? I told them in no uncertain terms that their multiplayer would fail when they first announced it. I predicted it would follow the usual route on PC, long lists of deserted servers with only a handful of players online actually racing at any one time and it being totally impossible to just jump online at anytime and find a race you want. And so it has come to pass with AC being yet another PC sim that pushes players away rather than expanding the community. IF they just gave us a simple online experience like consoles have had for over a decade where I can just create a room and invite friends or have randoms find it on a list all within minutes and chat while racing and having fun then AC could explode in popularity. Instead we get this mess of a traditional PC online experience that the overwhelming majority of players just give up on leaving the same small group of PC league players that is killing the potential of the whole industry. They have had years to fix it and even little indie console games have decent online setups, why can't a PC sim? Why are they all stuck in 1999?

It is by no means the first sim (there have been many even on Dreamcast but you can't even go a few months back to dirt rally?...). And nobody in their right mind wants it "as good" as PC. We want it better because if you are honest, the PC version is a hot lapper and not useful for anything else. It could get there without significant work, they just need to get the small things right. As I said back in 2013, just copy what consoles do well, don't reinvent the wheel and make it square like you did with your online booking debacle, learn/copy and implement.

6. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Nothing wrong at all with his actual post, but the tone of the title is wrong in my opinion.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

There has been and still is, significant lack of understanding between PC and Console players; in AC's case, perhaps even more so.

Some possible reasons:
    • Many Console players are not familiar with key differences in PC Simulations (hardware demands, normal PC features, etc.) while many PC players started out with consoles
    • Most PC Simulations emphasize demanding physics over graphics and vehicle customization features & career game-play / progression (Pcars is more suited as a blending)
    • PC Simulations can take years to develop, may evolve over time - even decades with emphasis on Physics, driving dynamics and Force-feedback as fundamental core features
    • Advanced Physics Calculations may apply to more than just player-vehicle and have to work on a broad-range of hardware specs
    • Assetto Corsa has a strong emphasis on "Driving" dynamics, a bit less on some "Racing" aspects, even less on "Game" aspects
    • The term "Simulation" has become an over-used and sometimes, misused one in driving/racing titles, confusing the differences between genres and the demands
    • Console titles generally emphasize game-play and features over realistic physics and the depth of driving experience
    • Trying to apply a PC-Simulation formula like AC to Consoles really hasn't been done before and is new ground for Kunos with 3rd party conversion
    • To date, no one title has been created that combines all of the various aspects involved in both genres in to one comprehensive Racing title - not Pcars, not even close
    I'm sure there are many more than listed here but, if we consider some of these things, at least we may be able to be a bit more understanding where others are coming from and remember that there is no single title that can be all things to all people - it's just not possible. We'd all love for AC to be that one title but, it stands on it's own unique ground and we are all subject to what the developers choose to do with it in the long run; it doesn't mean we can't ask for improvements but, we do have to work within the guidelines here in doing so - just as we have to when visiting a foreign country.

Recognize and respect the boundaries, appreciate what we have.:)

Typer, eSEA One, LotusTeam and 5 others like this.
  8. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Guys, please refrain from getting argumentative towards one another... :( We are here to listen to you all and we are more than happy to take constructive criticism and feedback. With regards to private lobbies, we hear you! Our biggest priority with the console editions of Assetto Corsa was to release a stable game with great driving. Be rest assured, going forward, we are going to do our very best to take community feedback on board and build upon the foundations we’ve laid.

Traks1, Typer, monkiusz and 7 others like this.
  9. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Sounds exactly like GT. These are all terms common in console buddy, we are well beyond the singleplayer experience here.

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:D

The Moose and ShredatorFIN like this.
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Should'a known better . . . :rolleyes:

fbiehne, WNCmotard and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. I so wish you people would be ladies, there would be so much less of this angsty, usually related to teenagers, entitlement and mongering.
    Your sexist remarks are really idiotic, and I am quite sure you represent the less of the two genders, in every possible way. Perhaps you should find the feminine side within, and cry over people acting like little boys for a change, I'm sure you have intimate knowledge how they handle adversities.

If you do not study a product you are about your allowance to, it falls upon you to gather the blame. Since everything is exactly as advertised, and then some, surely you have to find a mirror to share the complaint over such matters.

This is a racing/driving simulator, first one of it's kind on the console market with such depth as Assetto Corsa is. The emotional expectations are not met with many individual, merely because their expectations do not meet the simulation requirement, but they are searching in hopes of for something that consoles have plenty of, and are (in)famous for; Arcade content marketed as simulation.
    You might as well go share your shock and awe at the turn 10 site, or perhaps EA because of the misleading advertisement over the need for speed: shift series.

Till then... happy driving.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  13. Big Alex

Big Alex Rookie

What????? No mutiplayer private lobby??? I almost pre orderered AC... Thanks God I stepped on this thread before.

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It's coming.
    AC doesn't have unlocks. "Anything more than mechanics". Assetto Corsa = race setup, in Italian. There is no magic "Apply unlock, go faster" parts like in arcade titles, you have to learn the basics of real race engineering to make a car setup, "upgrade" your car. And that takes being able to first keep consistent pace on a given track lap after lap. Which judging by your post, will take some time to "unlock"

People complain about lack of "cars and customization" while not having faintest idea on how to tweak the extensive setup options on even ONE race car, to make it go faster on a given track.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Freddie Seng and Hammerpgh like this.
  15. Big Alex

Big Alex Rookie

16. Lars F

Lars F Rookie

You can defend it all you want.
    You can like it all you want.
    It's legit.

And so is anybodys right not to - and say so.

That is what forums are for, like it or not.

17. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone... This is just a friendly reminder that we won't tolerate argumentative behavior towards one another... :(

18. Jamesgrainge

Jamesgrainge Gamer

Sorry, I love the physics of the game, I was so looking forward to it, but you must agree you have failed with your biggest priority? It isn't stable at all.

19. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi - When you say it's not stable, please could you elaborate for us? Are you experiencing any serious issues that are preventing you from playing? If so, we really want to hear about it! Your feedback will be passed onto our team.

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. Jamesgrainge

Jamesgrainge Gamer

Thanks for the reply. I think you are all aware of the FPS instability, it then translates back to Single player. Occasionally after a spin or accident the Xbox simply resets itself? How is the patch coming along? Are you a developer or simply a forum staff?