1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What a joke

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Span801, Aug 27, 2016.

1. monkiusz

monkiusz Gamer

Yeah and I'm the one who will wait for those fixes. But I understand people who are disappointed. Right now as console player I'm one of them.
    But I don't really get idea why there are so many PC company defenders in those console threads. Seriously - some of them just make situation worse.

2. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

But that's what we trying to do here, help;). Help people to understand that if you express your feelings or frustration in a different way, you got much better change to be heard.

Criticism is good and helpful when it's done in a right way.

The Moose and Tony Rickard like this.
  3. OR...

Let's try with more manners next time. Just because your emotional expectations are not met, does not mean that you should behave with disrespect and sense of entitlement.

dermonty, Typer, LotusTeam and 5 others like this.
  4. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

5. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Is this the Project Broken Cars forum ?
    Lol someone makes a legitimate complaint (OK the thread header is a little bit , slightly disrespectful....ish ) and immediately get jumped on and called a child by people who seem their only purpose is to cause arguments and trouble .
    I'm sure calling the guy a child is disrespectful and offensive and maybe that sort of talk is just adding fuel to a fire ....why all these argumentative do gooders end up hanging about these forums is beyond me .

AyrtJ97 likes this.
  6. gregack

gregack Racer

Many people (like me) are here since early access and saw how much AC evolved. A small company that just wanted to create a driving sim (Ai wasn't even planned afaik!) for a very small group of sim-fans now released a game on consoles and is now partner of Porsche and Ferrari (AC Pro). That's a long way and many people (including me) have huge respect for the Kunos-guys and don't like it when they are "attacked".;)

But I agree with you, that the aggression from some "AC-veterans" is absolutely inappropriate. It's a clash of cultures unfortunately....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  7. I want this I want that I want I want...

peksis likes this.
  8. pavano

pavano Simracer

there is no flawed money. And don't get me started on "flawless product".

Talking nonsense it not helping.

Typer likes this.
  9. gregack

gregack Racer

Come on!o_O
    You claim that the console-guys react like children...

10. Lars F

Lars F Rookie

If sales info would have been full in regard to what is included and not - nobody is suprised after a purchase.
    You really have to search to figure out stuff, no official info available.
    Launch trailer is really a joke - maybe other things are too.
    I managed to search the net, forums here and forums at Sony to find that Dreampacks are included in console version.
    But still unclear what can be tweaked on cars - full motor upgrades with turbos and stuff or not?
    Youtube video reviews did not tell anything more than mechanics can be tweaked.
    So if somebody is upset spending money on something usually expected and is not there - is nothing we have to be ladies about....fanbois tend to be ladies over any criticism at all, no matter how well put.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

If you don't read about a feature on an official side, it most probably is not included.
    And motor upgrades and adding turbos is nothing you expect in a simulation.

OriginalR6kid likes this.
  12. TXC_IJOJOI

TXC_IJOJOI Racer

Always love if someone requests this. Was the same when pCars came out :D
    I agree with a lot of the problems and missing features concerning the console version though.
    Kunos will definitely try their best, as they do on the PC version.

But the communication was really really bad in terms of features.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It would be really cool and fun though. :)

14. Lars F

Lars F Rookie

Thanks.
    Some type of software products do comparison tables with competition - would be good with such a review site. Maybe it exist but did not find it yet.
    What type of modes/disciplines for AC was mentioned in one review I saw, but a simple table comparing would be swell.

Tricky part with sales info is that some state obvious things, and some leave the obvious things out.

Forza series, Gran Turismo series and Shift-series pretty much call themselves sims - and also have motor and a lot of tweaks like that. Maybe not all agree they are the best sims though. I don't think Shift-series succeded in that attempt, seemed to me be based on distance from perfect line rather than tracktion of current turf and what tyres etc. I could slide off the track in 60 km/h which not even standard car would, just because I ran far from perfect line.
    So yes, I certainly expect that kind of tweaking - it's very much part of the fun and also learning experience what kind of tweaking is available that Pros use.

Upcoming purchases for me are Project Cars GOTY and AC and possibly GT Sport if PS4 is my choice for console later on, or Forza if X1.
    So nothing of motor upgrades in AC is a downer for me - but good to know, since this forum will not have a thread with me complaining about it.

Any racing game comparison reviews like a table with all things there and not?

15. TXC_IJOJOI

TXC_IJOJOI Racer

Meh, I don't think so.
    This is about racing not grinding to get the best stuff.
    I've never liked systems like this.

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Would be the ultimate Nordschleife Tourist simulator if that was possible! :)

Many people tune their road cars and drive them on track. I think that would be fun to do in a game, too. I do understand why its not possible though.

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I´m sorry to break your bubble, call me fanboy if you wish, but Kunos posted key features on the console site months ago. They have NOT promised anything that didn´t end up in the release. There´s a big difference, and an apparrently common misunderstanding here is what developer is trying to accomplish and what a dissapointed customer is entitled to demand for. So it really is your own problem, not trying to be rude, if you expected certain features as a matter of course.

Now, what can be a puzzle, is why Kunos chose (was forced/timelimited) to not include certain features that already is in the PC version. That is legit to ask about, without being rude. Posting bugs/issues etc on the console forums following the forum rules is legit too.

We´ve seen the banhammer a few times here on pc users, let´s see how console users do, eh?

Mauler_77 likes this.
  18. Lars F

Lars F Rookie

From one review of AC it instead talked about how it really is 70 unique cars, and just some variations with horsepower etc. You could reduce number of cars and let us have the fun and use some earnings to upgrade to a hotter version.

So it's there a little bit, one could say, but as different cars instead - tweaked and ready to use.
    In that respect why say:
    - nah, this is a real sim you know
    - real simmers don't do that

It just offers more fun to player, instead of saying:
    - we have 107 cars
    when it's 70 tweaked cars.

And why is garage options there to tweak mechanics of car????
    Why not motors as well.

I remember especially in GT5 and NASCAR that I had to really go into nitty gritty tweaks to get up with competition. Great fun to do that. As I recall maybe it was not so much motors, it's somewhat regulated in NASCAR but everything else.

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

nvm, should have read at least twice.

20. Lars F

Lars F Rookie

They did not state anything but PC info here as I recall, or found anyway.
    I had to find out that Dreampacks #1-3 are in console from start - if it was a thread here on forum, not sales info.
    All referrals was to Steam and to purchase Dreampacks from there.
    All sales info only, like Amazon, stated three tracks and there are a lot more when Dreampacks are added.
    Retailer go from info text supplied by Kunos or 505.
    One could not say it's clear what is included by any means what is for PC and what for console.

"Includes legendary circuits including Silverstone Circuit, Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife, all recreated using Laser Scan technology"
    that is what retailers got.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/505-Games-...=1472314523&sr=1-1&keywords=assetto+corsa+ps4

Sony site:
    https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/assetto-corsa-ps4/

You really have to be an active consumer to figure it out.
    Any consumer know that sales does not list disadvantages with a product. Some serious retailers do though, since they get problems with disatisfied customers first hand.

So if somebody expected something not there when purchased - I can understand they express that as "joke" or something worse.
    Call it "break a bubble" if you want...