1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What a joke

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Span801, Aug 27, 2016.

1. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Community Manager :)

We are fully aware of FPS issues on Xbox One and our team have been working hard to sort it! Expect an update soon.

With regards to the reset, do you mean the actual game resets? If so... Can you elaborate on this a little further? Is it in SP, MP? On a particular track? In a particular car? The more info you can provide us here, the better.

2. Jamesgrainge

Jamesgrainge Gamer

I think it was an F40 at Nurburgring on SP practice. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact details. Yes a game reset

What is soon? Soon won't cut it for consoles, we need information, I am seriously considering a return of this game which I waited so long for.

3. I expect you to put privat lobbies in a patch that is ready within 1 week. Everything else should be put on hold until that is fixed !!

4. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Rest assured that the developers of Assetto Corsa are really passionate about their product. On the PC version they have been on a constant evolution and improvement of their title as well as growing the content with both DLC and free content. This also includes fixes and suggestions from the user community on these very forums. They have also eaten humble pie at times when they thought they had something but out there in the real world it did not fly, they did listen and still do, to all those who have constructive input.
    I do not see them changing their "modus operandi" for the console version. However the way consoles work, it takes a bit longer perhaps weeks to implement an update or patch even after actually doing the work itself whereas it is a lot faster pushing it onto PC through Steam.
    I suggest console folks who are on the fence about buying AC to read @Dean Ogurek post
    and have a look at one of the developers Stefano Casillo YouTube Chanel https://www.youtube.com/user/kunosayu/featured?&ab_channel=StefanoCasillo particularly his last post where he talks a bit about the console launch issues. But be warned these are long and this last one has some great guitar playing by the our talented developer.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  5. Please stop nursing AC, they had ages to get this right, and they failed bigtime no doubt about that ! Privat lobbies should have been ready from the start ...

Edit: I dont care what Dean ogurek said !! I want this "sim" to work !!

6. [​IMG]

7. Hehe :D

8. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

We all want private lobbies and i'm sure it will be something they look into providing for us in due course if at all possible so let's give them some scope here and enjoy what is actually with us now rather than being too negative about what is not. It's taken a lot of time to get the PC version to where it is today and we on console need to show the same sort of patience before it reaches the same level. I am loving what I have seen so far and am delighted with my purchase and can see myself enjoying this sim for many hours over the coming weeks, months and years :)

9. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

Please do not take the opinions of some as a representation of the whole console community. I for one played the game till 3am and yes there are some minor issues but nothing that could remove the smile I had while taking the 190e for my first drive.

I know you guys will continue to improve the game and I know these things take time.

10. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

I feel I (like many ) probably should have looked into the game specs before buying . Then instead of complaining that the game doesn't contain what I'd expected , I'd of been aware of the details.....it was all advertised in all honesty.
    I also was disappointing to find we can't run league races because of the lack of private lobbies and was probably swept up in the hype .
    Hopefully this will get sorted and am sure if possible , they will asap .
    Other than that I will have to just enjoy the game for what it is .
    If it doesn't get sorted then I certainly wouldn't purchase any further dlc or season pass as it would be pointless.
    But getting angry because you didn't read up on the details before buying is solely down to us .
    Fingers crossed though :)

Hammerpgh likes this.
  11. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

Pls remove

12. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

But i don't care for private lobby's so why should everything be put on hold to fix them?

pippo10 likes this.
  13. The cars are running nice and the graphics are ok, but needs some make-up that can be done down the line whilst we race in our privat lobbies seeing the game gets better patch by patch

14. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I think we have all been there at some point in time.
    Some time ago I certainly got swept up by a particular hype train:oops: of a certain so called "Sim Game"o_O so much so that I was blind to what it really was :eek:and went out and bought the pre-release limited edition, metal box and "book" and all :rolleyes: Well I certainly paid for my ignorance :(! To this day I still have only put a few hours into it, never bought any further assets to the title and will not be interested in the second version.
    But on the flip side I got a work in progress AC early access on a sale. I have spent 100's of hours on track, bought DLC's and still having a blast dissipate the fact that some call it un-finished.

pippo10, Dean Ogurek and Maxx69 like this.
  15. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Even if I'd have known before purchasing that there were no private lobbies , I'd still have purchased it , £30 for a game with these physics is a really fair deal .
    Maybe one thing that could help is being able to book and/or lock a lobby ?
    Or just some more choices with some longer qualifying sessions and races .
    I'm a happy camper with my purchase anyway .
    We can still get some guys in a lobby and race , it's just very hard to organise an event or championship.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  16. Hammerpgh

I agree that it's money well spent and i'll get value for money with this sim regardless.
    I had a quick scroll through the lobbies and there looked to be a reasonable selection but not many that were no assists jumped out at me.
    I had hoped to be able to take part in a championship too but at present like you say it will be very difficult. Not impossible with some forethought though.

Maxx69 likes this.
  17. gregack

gregack Racer

AC is pretty much like italian cars. Some love them for what they are, for their "soul", for all the little great stuff, for all the joy, passion and detail that went into it. Things, that you can instantly feel and experience in some way.
    And the others hate them because of all the litte imperfections and mistakes.;)

18. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Feel to come over and join our PS4 clean racing community :)
    We have a great bunch of guys and meet twice a week for championship races ....and most other nights to practice or just fun races .
    Same goes for anyone looking for the same thing on PS4 .
    Even have an ex GT3 driver as head steward :/
    PSN Maxx69
    http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin.com/forum

Hammerpgh likes this.
  19. Deckard2028

Deckard2028 Rookie

Just sort out the AI difficulty. I can live with the rest of the problems (for now.)

20. Hammerpgh

Thanks Maxx but I am currently on Xbox so unless they sort out this cross platform play I can't join you on track.