1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is a good Intel processor for a vr build?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by higsy, Nov 15, 2019.

1. higsy

higsy Rookie

Hello every one I was wondering what intel processor is good for vr? i5 or i7? Also what power supply is good?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools Intelligent Setup Advisor Mar 4, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Kamikaze artificial intelligence Jul 9, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Unintelligible behavior of a pilot Apr 25, 2020
    ACC General Discussions 4K / 21:9 Performance | High-End Intel + Nvidia Systems Datalogging Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Emotional intellect of simracer/gamer and effects for community Apr 8, 2018
    Chit Chat Room FYI: A warning on possible upcoming performance losses for Intel CPUs Jan 3, 2018
    Screens & Videos celebrating the 5 year existence of inteli5gamer! Aug 17, 2017
    Screens & Videos Trying to run Assetto Corsa on a Intel Pentium 4 HT! May 28, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Intellectual Property Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Looking for a person who is hosting the Server: "A ! - ! AC - Intel i7-4790K" Jun 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Intel users, Assetto Corsa is faster with hyperthreading on or off? Jan 25, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Intel 990x 1.3.2 100% cpu occupancy Oct 17, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Artificial intelligence 1.3.1 Oct 10, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Appcrash (msvcrt120.dll error - solved reinstalling intel storage driver) May 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Intel core i5-4690k vs intel core i7-4790k Feb 1, 2015

3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

the best you can afford :)

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. higsy

higsy Rookie

well that doesn't help haha

Rolz likes this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I'm happy with how mine runs with my pc specs if that helps... :p

6. higsy

higsy Rookie

I don't think I can buy an i7 7700k, I'm pretty sure the place I use only has i7-9700f coffee lakes from $438.88, i7-9700 coffee lakes from $459.00,
    and i7-9700kf coffee lakes from $469.00 and i7-9700k coffee lakes from $549.00. I'm not sure what the difference in performance is between them, like what they actually do.

7. Rolz

Rolz Alien

if I were to upgrade right now I'd look at the i5-9600k - apparently it's one of the best bang for buck Intel CPU's out there atm...

Note - I read this when I was just doing some general surfing on intel cpu's a few weeks ago...

8. higsy

higsy Rookie

wow $350 doesn't sound too bad

9. This is the only valid answer to your question.

If you've "just" the money for an I5-9600K you've to go for it. If you're able to get an I9-9900K take this one.

And keep in mind to get CPU/GPU combination right.

anthonylroy and Rolz like this.
  10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There are many variables to consider but to answer the question specifically, if buying now the fastest CPU for VR is the highest end intel consumer CPU you can get as long as it ends with a K

Rolz and After_Midnight like this.
  11. higsy

higsy Rookie

Someone suggested to me an amd Ryzen 7 3700x & 2060Super.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The Ryzens are good (I run a 3800X) and have other benefits, purely for VR and sim racing they will be a little slower then Intel, especially when the Intel chip is overclocked.

They will have an upgrade path though when new chips are out while Intel won’t.

If not wanting to upgrade later I’d still go Intel

13. higsy

higsy Rookie

So wait is the difference that noticable? what gpu do you run?

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, would be if the Intel CPU is running at 5Ghz, it’s not night and day massive but I’d say 10% or so and with sims every little bit makes a difference.

I run a 1080Ti

15. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

I have an 9600k overclocked to 5GHz on all cores and paired with a EVGA 1070FTW.
    On a 41 car grid in Spa 24hr race, I run at only 73% cpu occupancy, so its being held back by my GPU which runs at 99% occupancy.

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Is that total occupancy or highest on single thread occupancy? But yeah, that GPU will be the limiter

17. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

the reading given for the cpu occupancy in the games own hud fps counter

18. higsy

higsy Rookie

You have an i7 with a 1070? And you use vr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Rolz

Rolz Alien

AMD something with a 1080ti... in his sig, but doesn’t show on mobile.

20. higsy

higsy Rookie

Someone recommended amd for processor and nvidia for gpu... is that good or should I go the intel route for vr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Rolz

Rolz Alien

without being annoyingly vague, both CPU brands have their strong points... you need to decide what you find important and pull the trigger...
    We can't hold your hand.