1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Which car is the best to learn how to drive car properly ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Methee, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Methee

Methee Racer

The Skip Barber Formula 2000 is the perfect car for either a complete rookie or a seasoned expert to hone their skills. A true racers car, it is balanced in such a way that it works well when driven well, and will work badly (often spinning off the track) when driven badly. If you don’t drive with good technique, it punishes you: It teaches you how to best drive almost every race car you will ever drive…

The first thing to note is that of the two configurations, the National version is both easier and faster to drive. The Regional version takes significantly longer to warm the tires, etc, but both configurations do have the same handling traits overall.

It is very important to keep the throttle down while turning, as this will keep the rear suspension loaded and the car more stable. Weight transfer is also critical, and any changes to throttle input on entry or mid-way through a turn, which will shift the weight away from the rear and cause “lift off oversteer”, will often lead to a spin.

Smooth input is probably the most important aspect of this car, and any car. You must smoothly turn in, carefully feed in the power, try not to fight it too much in the corner, then smoothly let the wheel run as you exit the turn. Always be aware how much the car moves around underneath you, the car will not react well if you put a wheel on the grass on turn-in: That loss of grip will be devastating.

Most importantly: Don’t give up on it. If you can adapt your driving style to this car, and drive it well, you will become a better driver in everything you drive. The frustration of spinning out will all be worth it if you can beat this car.

credit: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/skip-barber-2000/
    ===================================================

In AC I think:

Lotus exige V6 cup , Ruf CTR . But It's must to drive this car faster than skip2000 that the problem of the beginner. In skip2000 even though you drive slow , the car will spin if you drive the wrong way.

May be F40 except the special extra, torque explosion when accelerate out of turn that make the special problem to the beginner can holding it.

What do you think?
    These car that is similar technique to drive as skip200o . Not the car for beginner .
    For ex. :
    very clearly weight transfer and If you do a little mistake It's will tell you immediately.
    ============================

Update List from all of you: 19/1/2015

- Lotus 2-11, Ruf CTR, F312T, F40, Tatuus, exige V6cup.
    - E92 M3, 458 stage3, KTM X-Bow, 1M, Abarth 500, E30 st1, Lotus elise

When you drive mistake these car will tell you, you must to try to find exactly why you spin or out of track. Love all of these car that tell you immediately that you don't drive car properly more than the car that try to hide your mistake.

Thank you all of you for share your list:)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Best Cars for each Track Aug 10, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What GT3 Is The Best All Around Car? Apr 7, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards What are the best car-track combinations for SA? Mar 9, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Which GT4 Cars Are People Setting The Best Times With? Oct 3, 2020
    Chit Chat Room What is the best car for the nordschleife? Aug 2, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC Best Car Dashboard/View | Rankings Jun 12, 2019
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Competizione - Best Car Dashboard/View | Rankings Jun 12, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Which is the best car/track to show someone into simracing? Mar 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Top CAR MODS. Only the best of the best. Mar 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Best car for close racing Dec 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Where is the best place to download new cars? (with working exterior sounds etc) May 6, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Load/Save Best Laps or Ghost car Feb 15, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Which car has the best sound (exterior) Feb 10, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Best tyres for modeling muscle cars? Feb 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room "TIL the design team for the Ford GT found the 458 Speciale to be best sports car in the world and" Jan 26, 2017

3. BMW E92 M3 (street) @ Magione is the perfect combo for a beginner IMO.

Matty28, Xenix and Leemstradamus like this.
  4. Eh eh :) I am a novice and you give me a RUF, lol, I die in 5 minutes :D
    I would choose a safer car to start with. I don't know the Skip Barber well, but if I get the kind of car, I would choose a non-slick tyres track ready one.
    In AC we have the KTM X-Bow that IMO may be good: manual gearbox, track ready, difficult increasing with speed, etc. The only con I see is that its structure(better: its look) isn't that "normal" compared to old school track vehicles, but for the rest it seems to me a great car for learning.

5. I started this game on the DTM lol.

Patcha and Leemstradamus like this.
  6. Unless you have an H-pattern shifter and know how to heel and toe, I wouldn't recommend the X-Bow or any other H-pattern car for a beginner. Also, it has no ABS so you will constantly be locking up the tires and consequently flat spotting them if you are a rookie. The M3 has paddle shift, so missing shifts and such is one less thing to worry about as a beginner, and any real world experience you have with RWD street cars is very transferable. Magione is short, easy to memorize, but technical enough that the skills you learn to be fast there will transfer to any other track.

7. esox71

esox71 Alien

The Yellow bird!

8. er540

er540 Racer

On RUF you could drive on lower boost, so it wouldn't be too fast.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  9. With flat spotting, will it eventually go back to being normal?

10. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Can't agree with this anymore! I am still a beginner and I would say ease into the H-pattern cars. Once you start learning vehicle dynamics, go to the Lotus elise.

Lawndart likes this.
  11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

lol., why not Mazda 787b

PhenOm likes this.
  12. Leemstradamus

:eek:

13. The KTM X-Bow R is a strange one. I was driving it nicely a couple of weeks ago at Vallelunga and Vallelunga Club, but I was having real trouble with the wheels locking up under braking at Nurburgring GP a couple of days ago. What puzzled me even more is that others were braking later, and yet not locking up.

14. Berry

Berry Alien

The E92 M3 as Michael suggested is good for learning snap oversteer and dynamics of a FR car, but I'd recommend the Lotus Elise and Exige V6 S or Cup to truly learn throttle and steering management, and they're not that hard on the driver either.
    @Christopher Low : Feeling is shared, no matter how much I play with the brake balance, it still locks up, but not completely, it's some kind of "half lock" if that makes any sense, and I can't make up if the rear locks as well...

Emin and Leemstradamus like this.
  15. Leemstradamus

Were they using aids?

16. I recommend the M3, there's no mistake.
    I have 220h in AC and I'm still learning a lot with it (mostly using it for drift now, but still..)

17. Berry

Berry Alien

The M3 is still a pretty tame car, once you put a few dozen hours into the game, I'd recommend trying every car gradually, it's pointless to master the M3 to perfection, you'll see what happens when you jump in a single seater afterwards :D.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

If find I need to "calibrate" the brake pedal every time I start the game.

If I start the game and drive immediately then I get immediate lock ups like the pedal goes to 100% at 20% travel. If I start the game, enter the controllers menu and press the brake pedal before I drive I get normal travel....

fr13del and 1karl1 like this.
  19. If you can master the M3 after a few dozen hours, you are a natural born alien and you probably won't have a problem with any car in the game.

Nothing wrong with jumping from car to car just to experience them, but without 'mastering' one of them, i.e. learning car control skills along with correct racing lines, you aren't ever going to become much better of an overall driver.

20. Berry

Berry Alien

You know what I meant, outright mastering as in knowing what the car will do when you push it to its limit, not going for the very best lap time, which is still a mistery to me since I'm no alien, but still, you will never learn proper car behaviour while using just one car, racing lines and car control skills are different depending on the car.

21. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Like a real trackday, I suggest you a stock car to start: 1m, e92, lotus elise and so on.