1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Woohoo! Ruf license.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by petesky, Mar 18, 2014.

1. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

If 200 euros is all AC costs me over the next 5 years i will consider that an absolute bargain. That sounds far better than the 780 euros that iRacing has cost me, which i cant even use now unless i give them even more money.

Bring on the DLC Kunos!

2. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah me, too, while I understand that they want to just take real cars and tracks, but though the licence-problem and the big meaning of porsche in motorsport, I would make a exception.
    With the data it shouldnt be hard to make a fictional GT3 RUF, for example if you just assume the parts for the raceversion will simply be the same like in a GT3 Porsche just with some "RUF characteristics". With the the transition from reality to the game their get things lost anyway, even I wouldnt like Ridge Racer cars in the game, a tiiiiiiiny bit of flexiblity shouldnt be too much to ask for.
    Better then that ugly CTR3 or a 911 with a V8. :p

And as stated the included cars cant be modified, so probably modders cant profit from the licensed RUF, while...ok they can hack it.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  3. xSYOx

xSYOx Hardcore Simmer

btw~

- pitstops can be made like rFactor 1 or SimRacingway style, just stop in a square and a bunch of "codes" appears on screen.. don't need to be like "GT5"~
    - until MP comes IMO, they need to create flags-system and a properly engine/"modeling" damage so we can enjoy as much as we can.

and maybe, I think if it's possible kunos create a "open modable" multiplayer system so anyone could create own rules to play with until game comes out, something like LFS did..~
    'cause if they just release the MP right now, well.. we will just race together, nothing more.. yes it's good but not enjoyable or the best way I think..so I dunno let's wait and see~

Ruf is a nice addiction, together with the Chevrolet and other ones will be awesome when get into a league or something.. "chev, bmw, ferrari, maclaren, ruf"~ awesome..again nice move kunos. :)

4. Does Ruf has any car with GT2/3 specs?

5. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

well I read at RD that RUF doesn't have a racing car only street cars...

6. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Yay! 3 street porsches RUFs then :)

7. I'm sure there would be a lot of no factory porsche racing teams willing to give data to kunos and brand it as an ruf if they allow the name to be used.

8. sinbad

sinbad Racer

I'm excited about the Yellowbird. It's certainly in the top 5 lunatic production road cars ever. I just really hope they can make the steering feel a bit better before it arrives. At least it will be on the street 90s, I imagine, or an equivalent, and cars on those seem to feel better because they react and respond more slowly, which doesn't make the steering feel quite so bad around the center (to me).

9. plaid

plaid Alien

No, that is why I had the idea of taking the 911 GT3 data and use it for a RUF GT3.
    Funny: While its no problem to get the BMW licence, ALPINA (BMW Tuner) got a GT3 car.

Oh the irony. :(

10. pitone1975

pitone1975 Alien

it give a GT3 variante, RUF RT12 R GT3

RUF-Rt-12-R-911-Turbo-37.jpg

11. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

If a normal looking modern road RUF 911 comes along if they can just provide a step upgrade to a full race version that would be perfect! I would love a proper race cockpit but I will happily take a cup/GT3 version to race with a normal cockpit, much like iRacing have done.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  12. plaid

plaid Alien

No, not in reality. IRacing did what I hope Kunos will did.

I googled again just to look if there is really no racecar from RUF.
    Only thing was kind of a custom built RUF with GT-tech in it, but nothing official.

BTW: A fictional RUF GT3 could gave us the oppurtinity to change the ugly frontspoiler they amount on every of their cars. :D

sketchyterry likes this.
  13. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Kunos just keep bringing more and more excitement! I almost hate to say this but for the work they have put in and the quality that THEY HAVE GIVEN US, I would seriously consider paying wayyyy to much $$$ for the DREAM DLC...if they wanted a $100 of more I would pay it. That is how great the Nordscleife and these amazing cars are going to be. On the other hand I had a hard time paying $10 for Forza's bull**** DLC. I'm for quality over quantity any day of the week. Thanks Kunos. May your hard work be well appreciated around the sim world.

14. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

15. If you want to drive a fake GT3 car go play iracing.....There are already more than enough official GT3 cars in game and modders will be putting Porsche's on the grid in no time.....

Yellowbird is going to be epic.

16. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

The yellowbird will be awesome, certainly if that Nordschleife video is anything to go by.

However it's a bit harsh to just say go away to iracing to people. I would like GT3 or cup version as I've said, i'll happily use one from modders but would prefer one from Kunos (not saying a modded one will be rubbish just official content has been such high calibre of course im going to prefer an official one) but I will still def buy the DLC regardless. People just want a full GT3 grid (or as near to as possible) and are excited to see what is basically porsche now come to the game and as such see a reincarnation of their world famous race cars while not paying for iRacing and using their system. Nothing wrong with any of that.

Oh what about a GTLM one to go with the Corvette? Again happy for it to just be another step version :)

Anyway race version or just road cars i'm happy, can't wait for that DLC! :D

Tim Meuris likes this.
  17. With no official data how will Kunos' version be any better or worse than a modders?

18. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yay! Thanks Kunos! :)

19. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

You make a good point and I get where you are coming from but how do we know all the data they get. They for a start have good experience of building GT3 cars and they are going to be reasonably similar, certainly in terms of performance. Much more experienced with the physics engine, something modders may take time to fully exploit. And I don't know if iRacing's version is complete guess work but if it's not then RUF may have been able to supply them with some useful data for their race version of the 911.

20. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

don't want to sound rough, but only point of fictional Ruf GT3 is that you can't have P911 GT3,
    so if it's to be done by modders, I definitely prefer P911 GT3, rather then RUF by Kunos, let Kunos focus on Ferrari and getting Lambo ;)