1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Early Access 0.5 - Great new car and track, and a bit of maintenance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I love how this game is conducted, I love its characteristics of race, weather, transition from day to night, sounds ...

but I am discouraged, the performance is very bad, I have not seen any progress in the five updates and this is a huge problem for me.

2. satco1066

satco1066 Rookie

you like to play a highend graphics game on a 7 years old middle class computer.
    What did you expect? High performace? Really?

3. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

Keep it up a good job!but your force feedback is problem and if you will not fix that it will ruin this title!just compare AC ffb with ACC !Night and day difference
    Ac very informative when the ACC on other side.I do hope you will have front and rear grip loss same as in Raceroom or at least like in the AC!But note that current FFB isn't great but it's accepted cause its EA but not accepted for V1.0!Thanks

GamerMuscle, ChivasRx and Ku_Ba like this.
  4. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

I just hope they will bring more telemetry based FFB specially grip loss effect front and rear!Cause most of the time loss the grip it's like surprice im spin!compare to raceroom where you just can feel that border !that limit!and can react way faster!its feels like in ACC have delay!can you add at least ffb rate in cfg for owners of direct drive wheels could be useful.

5. Carla

Carla Rookie

I have to disagree. I want a GT3 Blancpain series racing simulator, just like the one that Kunos Simulazioni are building right now. I want to drive a GT3 car just like the ones the Kunos developers have been around on and off track for the last (few years?).

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, I'm just saying that I would rather Kunos decide what will "ruin this title". Cheers.

R3E......smh.

Tim Meuris, Jebus, LATE4APEX and 3 others like this.
  6. coops

coops Gamer

Im not sure either but would much prefer to see the deadline for V1.0 delayed a few months than not have these features implemented and fully working at V1.0 release. Some will except some wont bother to continue playing till its done & others wont even buy it at V1.0. Just what i can see that has happened in the past with other developers.

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  7. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

High end graphics, lmao. So many other games look way better and also run way better, his hardware is more than enough for any game.

Stop being a blind fanboy, this game needs a lot of optimization.

8. RS10

RS10 Simracer

I'll just link my later post:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-bit-of-maintenance.54471/page-3#post-1019259

You don't really believe they did this because they're such lovely chaps - as you wrote yourself, they're a business ... they tried to find the fine line between giving enough people the incentive to play early access and not pushing people away with a high price (meaning less feedback) ...

I'm all for the changes in the roadmap if it will mean a better end product (which will remain to be seen) - i think the main issue was the absolute lack of any communication prior to this update, and that is usually bad, not only when it comes to video game development

Raklödder likes this.
  9. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

This is where I disagree - these are the same guys that gave the Laguna Seca DLC pack away for free in 2017 - as a final thank you to their loyal customer base when there was absolutely no business logic for doing so. They truly are 'such lovely chaps', and deserve a lot more support.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Guido Trampe, Carla, chksix and 10 others like this.
  10. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

@OrganDonor I understand what you are saying and do not mean every comment or quibble is hostile but some do seem to expect a fully functioning game with all the trimmings from day one. I think the idea of the Early Beta is a good idea to help the devs make sure the game is as ready as can be for the official release while testing different PC configurations etc. I have purchased a few top title games over the past couple of years that were "Early Access" and were not really cheaper at all. The only difference I could see was I had to suffer 3 days longer than the official release people coz it took nearly 8-12 months after that to become at least half a game. With ACC I got the 1 car 1 track release so it can only possibly go upward from there and was cheap enough to wait it out.

OrganDonor and MARCOITA20 like this.
  11. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

You can do what ever you want pall SMH!Playing with mouse doesn't mean you can feel FFB!
    Sorry I'm not trying to pick a fight too!But if you using a cheap wheel and can't feel a difference it's doesn't mean that other's also!

12. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

Agreed!100% specilly vr !VR is not so good even Pcars2 is way better

coops and TheBoss like this.
  13. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes it's like the game needs a bit more development isn't it ?
    You are comparing finished games with an Early Access game... :rolleyes:
    Of course ACC needs some optimization, it's just they are not still at this stage of development.

Jebus, Michel and LeDude83 like this.
  14. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I do not see those high-end graphics, an example of high-end graphics is pCars, this game with good performance.

This reminds me of the beginnings of rF2, a few years ago you needed a luxury PC to see some very normal graphics.

coops likes this.
  15. this remind me also FARCRY, this game was a benchmark, only the most powerfull computer could handle it with small descent FPS, it took a long time for make it works with high FPS and it was not with engine optimisation but with the progress made on the hardware..., could be the same with the UE4...
    for me to compare project car2 with ACC is not good comparison, they are not made with same graphic engine, UE4 can be heavier than the PC2 engine (I don't know, but can guess) so you can't achieve same perfomance with similar graphic settings.
    UE4 is next GEN graphics engine, that means a enough powerfull computer is required to make it runs well, no hard to understand, lot of people with old config are complaining because of poor performance but isn't it normal, what do they expect with old computer....,
    technologie evolves so or you keep updated with it for having a good experience or you don't but don't expect for miracle..
    For sure the game needs some optimisation, but don't forget that the UE4 is new for the team, they have to learn and try/search/..., give them the time to do it and as far as I can remember , they never say they will stop to update after the V1.0...

16. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

At this time renew motherboard, cpu, ram and graphics exceeds € 1000, this is not up to everyone, personally I do not want to spend this money to play a single game.

I think this is going to be a big problem for many users just like it was in rF2, this made the game not become popular even being a great simulator.

coops and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Can you give some examples? And I expect MANY examples.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

18. I very agree with that, it is the main issue, technology evoles, but I cannot imagine kunos to do a new game in 2019 with an old graphic engine for make all user happy with their old computer, the reality is sad but it is like that and not only with games, you can take example with smartphone, I doubt the majority of us are still on old phone, old phone still can call, but for having more comfort and functionalities we are ready to spend more money for smartphone.

Tim Meuris, jaxx_za and sps_for_race like this.
  19. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

but not everyone can buy a mobile of € 1000 to run an app, most of us have cheaper phones, there are other apps that can be run on a mobile mid-range with the same result, obviously that app is not going to do popular.

AC was superior graphically to the competition and with a better performance than the competition. Hence his success.

mESCx likes this.
  20. plaid

plaid Alien

The high requirements would be ok if it the graphics would justify it, but like someone said some games look better with equal or rather lower requirments.

Also the tracks look good but are still pretty much deserts/lifeless, which is what I hopped would be more of a focus than new lighting and shaders etc..

Not tempting to invest in new hardware, besides Hitman and Quake Champions run well on my pc.