1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC 0.7 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Brado23, Mar 19, 2019.

1. sid1965

sid1965 Gamer

I have my pit speed limiter set to automatic and have never had a penalty. Do you stay in first gear until the exit.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Don't wanna say we won't adjust this, but there are 3 non-obvious things to consider:

1) The SA is going up at an almost steady rate while you are in the buildup stage, typically raising SA by around 3-4 points / 10 Trust (given 0 accidents), while it's going to drop below 2 first, and going gradually down further.
    The important point is that once you get past this initial phase, accidents will have bigger impact than it appears to be the case during the first hundreds of kilometers. So if you now do observations, it's likely that everything looks way more easy than it is.

2) MP already scores 33% less OBWP compared to SP. The reason is simply that in SP, you are more or less in control of everything, which is a lot harder in MP.

3) "he just keeps following the AI around for his SA" - that sounds like a horrible waste of time to me. I'll need a few tests to see if everything is in place, but that's not how you efficiently generate Trust (exception: see 1) )

All in all we for sure need to balance out MP vs. SP, but please don't go mad on single situations and keep the bigger picture. Driving in SP and earning SA is completely legit, and especially important for entry level simracers.
    We need to encourage people to practice, preferrably against AI while they have increased potential to harm others. If somebody reliably is able to drive behind AI cars in a clean way, that's already a statement worth at least a medium SA rating (although I don't see how the big numbers can be achieved like that).

anthonylroy, pankykapus, Son and 3 others like this.
  3. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Great in theory but in practice you have

a) 1/3 time there is a crash in the rolling start grid due to 0.7 bug / people not getting off the line and people becoming impatient / trying to drive around

b) 1/3 time you get rammed from behind in 1st corner by someone going "suspiciously fast" (i.e. probably ramming on purpose...)

c) people you lap who are not actually in the race will pull stupid stuff a lot of the time which is hard to avoid

d) occasional wrecker. impossible to avoid only if you see them ram someone else first so you know who they are you have a chance.

Most of a-d you wont get in an actual racecar (or assetto corsa + SRS for that matter)..... c) is the biggest problem for SA.

Im at SA35 and sure you can get higher on servers where some other people dont really care about SA much but not while actually racing/having fun. I think Minolin has to just start adding SA restrictions on the Kunos servers e.g. first SA >0 or SA>10 etc. I hope that works and the effect is not the entire population shifting to non-Kunos servers.

I think for now dont blame yourself if you cant get above SA56..... just wait for MP to become a bit less wild west.

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@CKraegel 0.7.2 looks to have you sorted ;)

"Navigation is now possible in the MFD in VR mode"

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Arlo, D.Jankovic and CKraegel like this.
  5. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

What's OBWP again?

Thanks for clarifying 1)

Yes, I also find it completly legit to be able to earn SA vs AI, but just not as much as vs people. I'm also not mad about it, just afraid this could be abused by more people with a bad temper. ;)
    That guy I was talking about wasn't a real wrecker, but if he gets mad he occasionally might ruin a race for someone on purpose. So he also earned his SA in MP. But (at least that's what he said) as soon as those actions lowered his SA he simply kept going to SP to regain it by follwoing the AI relativly closly. I know to see the bigger picture is of course more important, but maybe there is a solution for both. :)

Well I think a) is sorted out by the latest hotfix ;)

You're right with b-d. I also experience a lot of that stuff but as I mentioned I only drive MP and mostly on Kunos official #01 @Zolder. Zolder kinda fixes b), d) is kinda rare and c)...well I have no argument here x)

6. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Awesome! Thx Kunos! :)

7. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Totally agree, 1 wrecker can ruin the experience of hundreds of people. Banning 20-50 people out of 3000 would not harm the game. It would be much worse if the game gets a wreckfest reputation.

Of course mistakes should not be banneable, I mean... We all make mistakes and crash into someone, but not on purpose. Kunos has to get rid of the people that wreck on purpose.

I don't agree with your methods and your "justice". If you don't want to talk to people that think differently it is up to you.

Wel, i'll keep talking about wreckers as I think that is probably the issue that most damage can do to a game i love. And our talking might give some ideas to devs.

I see that you want clean races from your last sentence. So, what would you do with the wreckers? I see 2 possible solutions.

1. That the SA rating works and they always have it below 20 (for example) but someone who just starts the game, will be matched against all of them. Not the best situation in my opinion for a new player.

2. warnings and ban for repetitive wrecking behaviour.

Also think about the people that will buld up SA, then spare a couple of points with wrecks, then build up SA again... Thats more complicated.

Agree

mr Switchblade likes this.
  8. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

How about setting a limit for SA vs AI?? For example.... Make that if your SA is 50 or more, that you cant gain any SA when you run against AI. In this way, new drivers can get to 50, get enough experience and unlockRC, and we avoid that people can farm SA over that 50 mark.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: sorry for the double post

Son likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I disagree. I think my SA is already at 66 or so and I race on the official servers. It might be you ;-)

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well that's a whole different dimension. If somebody is able to earn a lot of SA both in MP and SP, he's earned it. If you are able to follow an AI car really closely (which is imo more difficult than in MP) while meeting all the requirements for good Trust generation - that's telling a lot. This guy can drive for sure.

Now if he choses not to do so, well.. Which rating system on the world can see the difference? Or let's move to real racing, given drivers with high reputation (SA=reputation) that sometimes behave like *****les, where's the protection?
    But tbh. we're talking about something rare here. The huge amount of potential drivers is not beyond 30 SA, and most won't ever see RC unlocked. The guys who are for any reason unable to drive clean are the problem, not the 5 guys who could do so but

Well, that's the SA rating, no? It acts like a universal blacklist (on certain values), with an automatic way to recover. Don't see the issue.
    And if you say "but you can wreck in MP and recover in SP" - it would require a freaking lot dedication to do this more than once. You'd need to drive more than 1000 km in SP to wash away old sins, and you need to be really clean doing so (which isn't exactly easy). So 10+ hours to prepare a bit of "fun" in MP?

Although I have to admit there was a certain property (with a not-so-nice-name) in the MR database, which I occasionally used to make the life of really, really bad persons a bit more ... interesting in the world of MR.
    So I wouldn't rule out that I do a few specific analysis methods and occasionally check if there are people really standing out.

Definitively a good consideration; I'm not a fan of not having a special grade for beginners. Although the SA rating is a bit special, as it allows to be leveled up in SP as well - which effectively dodges the hell of getting somewhere.
    Still something to consider, we need to protect new drivers.

11. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I'm not sure about that. I experienced a lot of people who are more than capable of driving in traffic properly (and thus it's easy for them to gain SA) but have a bad temper. So as soon as there is someone unintentionally "ruining" their race they become revenge wreckers or as I like to call them "sleepers". Those people often misjudge the reason of the incident and assume they got hit/rammed/squeezed of the track on purpose and want to take revenge by doing stupid stuff. Considering the example I was giving: If even your own mistakes suffice to get so mad that you have to ruin someone else's race, you maybe shouldn't be able to play MP let alone joining servers with a SA over 70 (given the current status).

So let's say there aren't only a few of those sleepers out there, they don't have to freak out very often to have a lot of races ruined and thus they always are able to keep their SAs just good to join even heavy SA restricted servers.

I'd recommend that there is a harder SA penalty for crashes with a certain velocity delta. No one who just misjudged their breaking point is gonna crash into someone else with an excess speed of over 100 km/h for example ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luis Branco and TDS like this.
  12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I haven't come across many intentional wreckers, most people I had issues with just weren't good drivers. I don't really see the need for it, but if it's more of an issue than I've personally experienced, maybe it would be a good idea to split the safety rating in one for online and one for single player?

13. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I thought adding fuel at the pitstop was now enabled? The pitstop page in the MFD, fuel is still faded away unable to click or add anything there

14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Depends. If you're on a sprint race, the rules do not permit refueling.
    I agree we need to put a notification on the opening screen and/or setup page and it is on the todo list.

chksix, warth0g, D.Jankovic and 4 others like this.
  15. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

It was a 2 hour race online.

Edit: Endurance Race - 6H was the mode

Madsen likes this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

17. Maybe refuelling is a specific server setting and setting up just endurance race doesn't automatically activate refuelling? Just my guess

18. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Endurance Race - 6H only defines the available car set, the refuelling is still up to the server.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  19. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Then I dont know why my fueling thing was faded out, It was a 2 hour endurance race online, and nobody could finish because we couldn't refuel, I was in VR, so not sure if thats why, and it wasn't a Kunos server, is it a server setting?

20. Endurance Race - 6H only defines the available car set, the refuelling is still up to the server.

If you want refuelling there is a separate setting to be enabled by the server admin