1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Adastros

Adastros Racer

try to lower the wetness and the standing water like 35/50

2. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Do these options only work in sprint races? I can set standing water and track wetness levels in a quick race.

I did a quick race with clear preset, dynamic weather, variability set to 85% or so and few min in it started to rain but what I noticed was puddles formed on track before the track even got wet enough to feel or see any spray from cars tyres. Puddle formation should occur after both those happen first!

3. SebiTheJoker

SebiTheJoker Gamer

Racing in the WET is worse than PC2 unfortunetly. The AI is impossible, using the wet setup, in the medium rain setting, the AI is flying past me on the straights and they outbrake me every corner on the track, not to mention that if the rain starts mid-race, the AI on dry slicks is doing lap times as fast as me on wet slicks. The AI was the best before 0.6, now is just a chore

F1Aussie likes this.
  4. iVG

iVG Alien

You must be a troll aren't ya. You must be.

5. mms

mms Alien

All I can tell you is that my ignore list is working perfectly ;)

6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Troll or not, he is kinda right about the AI staying on dry tires and doing the same lap times. It just happened to me.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That'd be defeating the point of the test.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I have to agree, ability of the AI to drive in the wet tends to be way off in some situations IMHO. In heavy rain or storm with lots of standing water the AI doesn't seem to be bothered by standing water much at all. Particularly that deadly puddle in the penultimate turn at Paul Ricard. Black braking lines on the ground (all in the same place...) after a few laps but seemingly no time lost for them, while you as a player spin out immediately if you don't lift and stop braking and turning (or compromise way off the racing line with the AI just overtaking then). Definitely an area that will have to see some more attention in future.

9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I have two questions, firstly will there be a real weather option? Secondly how do you change to wet tyres when the race starts out as dry? When I pit I cant see a way to change to sets and drys just go on automatically.

10. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

What do you guys think, do dry tires have way too much grip in wet conditions??
    I do.

earlyapex and SebiTheJoker like this.
  11. SebiTheJoker

SebiTheJoker Gamer

Not only that, also the braking points are the same in wet as in dry, and on top of that the AI is totally ignoring the wet conditions and the puddles, like i said earlier where that dude called me a troll.

12. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

What conditions? How much rain?
    I see you sliding all around and the TC saving you while the AI is catching you.

I mean ok we can discuss but there's no discussion to be made if we're just throwing opinions.

@SebiTheJoker that's enough. We closed an eye on name calling before no need to go back again.

13. Turk

Turk Alien

Has your dry line been rubbered in? The dry line should only be a problem if there's been a load of rubber laid down shouldn't it? On a green track the dry line should be the same as the rest of the track???

14. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Thx @Aristotelis , I appreciate your involvement.
    How do I know what exact condition were? Is it possible to get any exact status of "current" conditions?
    I would really be glad to help you out guys.

According to the prediction icons it was raining (3 drops of rain), you can clearly see on the spray, but there were just a few puddle on some spots. And there was no rubbered line, I started the race in a bit of wet, this was in 4th lap, when was already all wet. Its not a problem of TC was saving me, but how much grip do I have in the mid turns, way too much for a slick tires. Thats the reason I am saying all these. And I didn`t check what kind of tires AI had on, but I guess not dry, according to how I was holding them up behind me.

15. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

If the race started with some rain, probably the AI was on wets. But it happened to me that it started raining in one of my last races, and after some time I was sliding around badly but the AI seemed to continue at the same pace. And I checked their tires and they were in fact still using dry tires.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

16. Aristotelis

if it's 3 drops of rain, then probably the rain was not much. The video quality is not that good for me to understand how much wetness there was, but I believe, not much.
    Also, have a look at this video. This is VERY wet, terrible conditions. On most of the turns, brakes very close to the dry reference point

17. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

The video you pasted, it starts braking at 200m mark, that`s more then 50m earlier compared to dry conditions into T1, and that is quite a difference. And using wet tires.
    @Aristotelis , we are now talking about using dry tire compounds in wet conditions. That video you pasted has nothing to do with it, but this one does, a lot actually:

And I know what I am talking about, I am RL shifter 125ccm kart driver (KZ10 engine and BirelArt chassis), and I know how it looks to drive in wet with dry tires. I was on some practice sessions in the past, where prediction was just dry (so I didn`t take wet tires alongside), but (un)fortunately there was some rain. Instead of waiting that rain stops, we went out to test wet condition with dry tires - it was more like a suicide then something else indeed.
    And GT3 dry tire compound with absolutely no grooves its almost the same, it has some advantage because of the weight of the car compared to kart, but still, its more like driving on ice. I am sure about that!

So current ACC physics and tire models are a bit off, regarding using dry tire in wet.

--
    One great video from the 24H Nurburgring 2017. You can clearly see the difference here, he is "fighting" the car in wet, and how slow he takes some downhills, incredible - as I said, conditions are like on ice. He tries to avoid racing line, but still, its all slippery.

Hope it help you guys at least considering changing physics a bit more, to even now great game :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    CmdrCody and earlyapex like this.
  18. Aristotelis

No I'm sorry you're presenting data as you want.
    First of all, let me be clear, I'm not saying that what we have is perfect. That said...

Again in your video, you're driving in light rain conditions and you're fighting the car everywhere for grip, even though you have TC.
    You're comparing with karts which honestly have nothing to do with big cars with downforce and ABS brakes. Really really bad comparison
    In the video I posted, you only see a tentative braking at the T1 at 200m as you say. All the other braking zones are very very close to the dry ones. Not exactly on the dry marks of course. Also in the middle of traffic.
    Finally you're showing a video at Nordschleife that we all know how bad it is when wet and with a gt86 car...

Again, if we're going to discuss in realistic manners, I'm all for it. But if we're just arguing to showcase who is having the bigger stick... then no.

Marceline likes this.
  19. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

No, I am not trying to argue in anyway, my whole intention is to come with physics as close as possible to RL. You should at least know me by now.

TheBoss likes this.
  20. Aristotelis

Alright fair enough, but we need to compare sticks to sticks then. I'll tell you what. I'll ask again the engineers and drivers at Monza and come back with some proper data

CmdrCody, Mike1304, JanR and 18 others like this.