1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Si.

Si. Simracer

I’m not sure why some have a problem with Pace i.e slower racers. Blancpain is fundamentally about different driving categories. A safe driver is a good racer as far as I’m concerned and different levels make things much more interesting imo. A fast paced racer shouldn’t have too much difficulty passing a good fair slower paced racer.

2. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

As a slower driver, the elitism from some of the fast drivers can be really hard to deal with. I'm already trying hard to learn and be better and not ruin anyone's race. Then to be told I don't belong on the same track because I'm 5s slower and lost control once in a 30m stint...

Personally, I've yet to encounter a fast racer that showed any respect for the rules. I'm sure these fast guys are clean with high safety ratings that race cleanly vs someone else on their own level, but when they come up behind me, they just plow through my car. He doesn't care that it's for position since he joined late or purposefully started at the back. He doesn't care that he's still 4 car lengths behind at the braking zone. He doesn't care that I went defensive, am still ahead at turn-in, and have the right to the apex. All he cares about is that he can take the corner 10kph faster than me, so he plows through my car as though it isn't there.

vanveen, jsmith.ls.uk, dek and 8 others like this.
  3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I know how you feel...

Dealing with slower traffic is an inherent part of endurance racing. But also, slower drivers need to be predictable, or they will provoke incidents.

4. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

Funny thing is, the IRL regulations are incredibly lenient in terms of what kind of qualifying or free practice pace you need to be allowed to take part. From the 2019 regulations:

"41.2 No driver may take the start of a race without having taken part in qualifying practice, except in a case of force majeure duly recognised as such by the Stewards. Drivers who set a time within 120% of the fastest time during the relevant session during pre-qualifying or free practice may be authorised by the Stewards of the Meeting to take part in the race."

So if we took monza for example, and the quickest hypothetical time set was a 1:48.000, the slowest allowable time could be a 2:09.600 (assuming I can do basic math). So it's entirely up to the quicker drivers to be prepared to accomodate for someone who might be lapping up to 21s/lap slower.

With that in mind, does it really make sense to have the PC rating lock off SA and RC when IRL regulations are this lenient? Considering how valuable SA and RC will be in filtering servers and finding people of similar skill, not having access to SA and RC means slow drivers would be going in blind just because they don't have any indication of what servers have drivers on their pace level.

PiretSS2000 and Cascader like this.
  5. Si.

Si. Simracer

Elitism is spot on, fast pace does not necessarily make a good racer. I had someone do they exact above to me, they then proceeded to tell me how much fast they were than me, they seemed to have forgotten I just passed them earlier in the lap and the only reason they were close at the turn in was because they hadn’t braked properly and used me to stop!

PiretSS2000, Strawberry and tjr like this.
  6. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yes, reading some comments it seems some people seen to think that their rating should only ever increase, and never take a hit whatsoever. They don't think that perhaps a rating below 99 might actually be an accurate representation of their ability, because at no point is anything that happens to them their fault. It is always someone else's... usually the slightly slower and "totally reckless" driver that is in their way.

Having to accommodate human error and unpredictability is the unique challenge and joy of racing other people online. That is actually what makes it more interesting than racing AI.

PiretSS2000 and Cascader like this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thats exactly why I dont have any concern with pace, a clean slow driver I would much rather have in a server then that fast one that thinks he can plow through lapped traffic.

That is really what the Safety rating should deal with, just because someone may be fast doesnt make them a good racer same as a slow guy isnt necessarily a bad one.

dek and Arlo like this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

One of the Aussie servers I run for RaceOnOz I have made SA80. Well with testing it made little difference in who joined at SA50 or even with no ratings.

Going a bit higher may at least make a point of difference as 50 going by most accounts is more like an old MR ABC level.

People arent seeking SA50 but maybe if we have a few in at SA80 others will join due to it being highly likely everyone in can race.

Those looking for better racing in Europe could also try the same, who knows maybe it will even work. ;)

9. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

I'm completely against setting PC or RC as a server requirement, slower cars are part of Blancpain as others said a lot of times. SA is the perfect rating requirements for me, BUT imho CC should be considered to: a slow driver that don't crash, don't spin and can SAFELY stay on track all the race long is way better (I was a good driver with PRO tags and stuff, all got fcked up because i forgot to adjust my steering wheel rotation and CN and CC went soooo bad in a couple days lol) while fighting with other "pro" or "pro-am" guys. Having a race with only pro divers could be """boring""" since you miss the let's we call it multiclass aspect of Blancpain.

dek and nrc689 like this.
  10. positron

positron Rookie

Making PC or RC requirements possible doesn't mean that every server operator has to use it. If a server operator wants to provide an environment for the fast guys to compete with each other, PC/RC requirements seem to be a good choice. Guys who don't meet the requirements (like me) probably wouldn't have much fun on a server with 20 guys being seconds faster per lap anyway. There will be other servers with lower/no PC/RC requirements like there are lots of servers without SA requirements today.

11. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

But again the "multiclass" thing would die, if you are a "slow" driver you can race with other "slow" driver fighting for the best position in your class. I hope in fact that there will be like a separate leaderbord after every race other than only an overall one

Apex Gt likes this.
  12. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I really think the guys "I'm so fast that you have to give me your possition" will never have a SA of more than 50-60, cause they think that the track belong to them and don't respect you. While any of us, 3-4 seconds slower per track, but knowing that we have to respect all of us, will have no problem in getting 80-90 SA

anthonylroy and Arlo like this.
  13. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I think the SA rating is related to the type of MP server that you race on. If you join an unrated server you are going to be hit at least twice , a 50 rated server you are likely to be hit once because there are still people who attempt ridiculous overtaking manoeuvres. I think a rated server of 60-70 may be the tipping point for good public lobby races.

14. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Of course is related, if you need 80 SA for a server, you need to know how to be a true gentleman of racing in order to gain those 80 SA points firts

15. ReVibe

ReVibe Rookie

I'm only afraid that the game will not have an incentive to get higher rc/sa and servers with high rc/sa requirements will be empty forcing you to join full servers with no restrictions if you want to play with someone and there will be new players that are reckless and don't know how to race in multi-player.

16. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

If the community starts to go to SA restricted servers, even if in a SA 60 server there are 5 people on a good day, those 5 guys would remember that in that server the races are much more clean and enjoyfull, so they will go for more SA servers. Right now what we need is to encourage the people to go to SA servers

17. ReVibe

ReVibe Rookie

I'm only comparing with Project Cars 2.. higher license requirements.. empty races.

18. dek

dek Racer

I only go on SA Servers since they where there. Don't want my race ruined or my SA going down.

And I'm one of the slower ones, but my consistency is not that bad...:p

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    PiretSS2000 likes this.
  19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Last Sunday I joined an empty Kunos official SA restricted server. Nurburgring I think it was. When I left the server to go for lunch, it was almost full. Just saying.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

20. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Ok that's a good anecdote with a happy end but I think the problem is: say I have 1hr to do some racing. Currently it's a lottery (and I don't fancy my odds) whether I can get into a rated server and have a 10 mins Q and a 20 mins race. So I can either play AC and have a race on SRS which is decent or play ACC, join a 0/24 server in the hope some people show up, or click join on a full server every 5 mins, on join the unrated Monza server and at least see some entertaining crashes.

ACC needss some sort of queue system for matchmaking or just scheduled racing or the playerbase with SA needs to grow significantly. Well see at release I guess, I hope for all of these things to happen :)

jsmith.ls.uk, ReVibe and XettMan like this.