1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Multiplayer & Rating - 1.0

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

That sounds quite plausible. You can speed up the process (not much though) by seting up the AI in a very competative way, so you end up in actual racing and fighting situations more often. Also make sure you are in control of your car, going slow and relaxed will make the Trust gain time inefficient, while driving over the limit can even negate the gain - or reduce Trust.
    And that's pretty much the most constructive advice I can give. Race sensibly and avoid accidents, but race.

2. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I like all the changes, all seem sensible. I hope for changes to avoid people leaving servers in middle of races.

JamesHants likes this.
  3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I think this was already corrected, or will be corrected in the final version. You won't be able to reach high SA numbers just by following slow AI.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

4. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

At least, as I think minolin said, you can't "farm" while alone in the track lol

5. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

But that's how online gaming works. Everyone that wants to improve their ratings starts at the bottom or near it, that's just how it works. SA in a way is a sort of MMR, just like CP. Practice doesn't mean you have to get rating points for it. You can practice whatever you want the way you want, but giving you SA rating for it doesn't make any sense.

Another thing that could be done, that other games does as well is not starting at the bottom. For example, everyone would start at 30 SA, fair racers wouldn't take so long to get to higher ratings, while trolls would sink. If you are a fair racer and still manage to drop to 0 SA, well there's something really, really wrong with you.

6. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

i like the SA Rating just how it is :)

ChivasRx, Rolz, Max Doubt and 5 others like this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It's you. You're the reason why you don't improve on your SA. You're maybe not as clean as you think. Or you need to practice anticipating the other racers' moves. Or you need to enter servers with higher SA restrictions. Enter 65+ SA servers.

PiretSS2000, Madsen and RST like this.
  8. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Really. He stated that he was sandbagging behind a slower car for a full race just to get sa points. Is that racing to you? Your loss lol

If it is equal to gaining sa in race to you, you need a medical consult and someone even liked your post oh my

9. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Not behind, I wrote drive closely. So drive beside AI, overtake it, let it overtake it back, try to stay about 0.1s by the AI.
    It's not me who set the rules.
    Nobody needs to grind SA vs. AI. I just wanted to give information.
    I already discussed this topic with Minolin one week ago.

10. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

You are exploiting this, no problem with you, I was mad that someone called it "racing".

11. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

It's just grinding. I asked Minolin to check it and maybe to reduce gaining SA in SP.
    He told that there will be changes in 1.0 and asked me to repeat it in 1.0.

jc1993 likes this.
  12. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I'm sorry, I see that I misread your answer. Yes, you are right. Just going behind the slow AI is not racing. And I think this doesn't work anymore for getting high SA rating.

And I said that it was your loss because I thought that you didn't enjoy racing the AI. And it can be really fun, and challenging when the AI is set at a high skill rate.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Greg Spicer likes this.
  13. R. Iván

R. Iván Gamer

I am satisfied with what has been said about CP, finally it is going to put the garbage in its place, if you can not have 30 or more SA, you should not be online, if you do not have 80 SA minimum you should not compete in CP races, well done! Still missing things to polish but I think they are on the right track, if they are going to complain about not being able to compete in races with CP, then there are public rooms, and I honestly think that in order to enter the multiplayer the SA should be minimal of 50

chksix, Skaven Zverov and PiretSS2000 like this.
  14. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I liked his post because I interpreted 'your loss' as a reference to the offline career, which as you know entails racing against the AI.

15. Mercenairy

Mercenairy Gamer

*slow clap*

This is exactly what I wanted to read - I was looking for more of a ‘hardcore’ competitive race experience that matters and it looks like I have found it.
    On paper it sounds amazing!
    (Although looks like I’m going to have to find the time to farm another 20 SA - seems to be more of a grind then anything, but I guess making it a long process is a good thing to try keep the trolls out)

Although I just read you aren’t going to add any competitive servers in the oceanic area (on launch anyway) - being from Melbourne, Australia that is disheartening to read as it’s going to stop me utilising this feature as I can’t do a CP race on 400 ping.. :(
    Not to mention, it’s hard enough to find a public server to race on with good ping, as even your public MP servers are off shore and giving us a 400 ping connection.

Please don’t forget about us over in the oceanic - we want to play your game too

Captain Barracuda likes this.
  16. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I have nothing against offline racing, it can be a good training, but for me.the point of simracing if dealing with humans, not ai.
    I do at times play offline races too, as a way to check my laptimes and racing lines and see if I can improve my abysmal pace.

vanveen, luxxx797 and jaxx_za like this.
  17. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Oddly enough I wrote in my response earlier (but deleted it as I thought you'd might not want to hear it) how I had used the AI to learn most tracks in ACC - by racing with them and following their lines and braking points - so I agree they are a very good learning tool.

18. swigaffu

swigaffu Racer

Why is it only racing when it's in the MP? why it isn't it racing against the AI?
    the AI in ACC is really good and in the MP I met a lot of idiots who crashed me on purpose.
    When I meet people on the server in ACC who call themselves "kick my ***" or "destroy derby", the fun is quickly over for me. Thanks to these idiots my SA went down totally.
    I really hope that gets better.

19. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I come from console racing and I was an organizer of leagues and races for years on gt5/6 pcars1/2, and honestly the thrill and excitement of racing humans in a league is never going to be rivalled by a ai... Ai tend like in acc to forget the player at times, have a few innatural too fast speed in some parts or extremely slow in other parts.

The only ai I enjoyed playing against was pcars2 one at no more of 80skill and with gt3 cars on tracks that made sense for the cars. It was clean, fast, exciting and the ai did made some rare errors when under pressure and did really battle each other.

But still, aan organized league is the way to go, even if I have to finish 14th each race. To me, that is.

Tkeg and Franc Pisek like this.
  20. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

What I think some people are not understanding is that they don't want to run 100 CP servers for casuals who can't find an hour and a half in their day for a serious race or aren't clean and consistent enough to maintain 85 SA.

They've already put a ton of work into the casual server experience and made pick-up racing great again. CP is their offering for serious racers. That the longer races and stiff SA requirements will limit participation to only the most dedicated is a feature not a bug.

chksix, XettMan, grrdabrr and 8 others like this.