1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

There are always going to be ways of cheating a system, but in reality how many races have you had where someone has purposely stopped dead at T1 in Monza?
    Not saying it doesn't and cant happen, but the chances of it are far less than someone not slowing down at all.
    Everyone (noob that is) wants to win the race on T1 and will barge their way through, where not as many will sit during practice and qual just to park up in the middle of the track at T1 of the first lap.
    Its the lesser of 2 evils.

Perell0ne and chksix like this.
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There’s also people rejoining unsafely. It’s really a damned if you do and damned if you don’t situation.

Then also remember that racing rules are quiet different to normal road rules. If someone brakes way too early for a corner in race rules it’s their fault for when they get hit and not the person who hit from behind.

There’s sadly no way to practically assign blame, my personal suggestion would be to not focus on SA too much, just drive clean yourself and also try to avoid incidents as much as not causing them.

That said I really haven’t had issues keeping a low 90’s SA rating which I feel is about right for tough but clean racing with a rare incident here and there. Incidents happen in every race in real life, there’s no reason to expect or hope for no incidents in the sim world

Si. likes this.
  3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually even MR already handled that kind of situation, where not everyone would gain points in a mass accident.
    I don't know if that carried over to the SA rating in ACC (haven't been in a mass accident so far), but MR showed that in principle it could work.

4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I agree incidents occur in real life and in all motorsports, but it’s far easier to apportion blame IRL as it’s humans that are monitoring it in real time.
    The only sure fire way of doing it in sim racing is via it being moderated by watching replays. That is obviously never going to happen as it needs a lot of resources.
    I don’t know what the answer is apart from what I have already suggested in that your laps being clean/dirty in MP also affect your SA. I can’t see any disadvantages of this.

5. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure that at least 10% of the time I think about the lack of a pit crew 20% of the time. I'm not thinking about my opponents or how to shave a few seconds off my stop, it's all about the lack of a pitcrew and that's why games get negative steam reviews from players with hundreds of hours. :confused:

The lack of grid girls however, is unforgivable! :D

6. chakko

chakko Alien

I hope we players don't fall. Otherwise i'd appreciate if Kunos prepare a disclaimer that ACC is bad for your health, and can even cause death... :(

7. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Please add the planetary system and also the orbits of major objects, I know right now if I was at SPA at 1am looking to the west I should be able to see the Perseid meteor shower! :p

8. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

This thread -->
    The irony of it is im about to shed tears of joy for the adhoc amusement factor thats sprinkled in between them dark grim comments here and there.:D

Ricky Reject likes this.
  9. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

Threads like these are one of the most infuriating things in the modern gaming scene. They pop up on every game there is, time and time again, with no rhyme or reason. Games with millions of players are declared as dead or dying. Want to find a game at 3 am in the morning? You can, but people still say a game is dead.

jaxx_za, chksix and Ricky Reject like this.
  10. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Well it just takes an extra IF
    like If car speed = 0, then...

Honestly people doing that i've never seen one, but rammers a lot. Let's be real.

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Do have another one, not trying to be all negative here and please don’t take it so but there are just many reasons why no one has managed to do it.

I think a very common way people get rear ended is that they are racing on servers that they have a high ping to. So for them
    it looks fine, but for people around them they look like they are warping all over the place. I had a case where I was following someone close ish and at the slowest point of a corner instead of accelerating, his car warped back and registered a large contact with me. To him it seemed like I rear ended him, but to me he warped back in to me. My ping to the server was under 60, his was almost 400, who would get the blame assigned?

There’s many scenarios where it’s impossible and different people will always have different opinions on what is an acceptable compromise.

12. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

The funny thing about this topic is punishing those who slow down early. :D Such claims can be made in your league, but not to casual users, who sometimes do not even know the braking points. Even approximately.

In every T1, you're hit by those who slow down late, not early.

Nahkamarakatti, XettMan and chksix like this.
  13. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

That kind of situation ive been in a few times as well. Its frustrating when it happens to u, but its inevitable and impossible to judge. But who to blame?
    Maybe the guy that entered the race IF he knew he had a high ping to the server. I dont know if the current servers work with ping limits atm, i have never been in a situation where i entered a high ping server.
    I agree its frustrating if youre trying to pass high ping players, doomed to be held up all race because of tech issues. Try having a coin to flip at the ready and take your chance, 50/50 chance it will not end in tears. :D

14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

So block players with a high ping (say over 150).
    Yes it’s going to upset a few people, but it’s going to make far more happy.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

150 - No MP racing for me then... Too harsh mate. I can race hard and fine up until 275 all day long. I never join anything over 300 though. Fair enough to have strict limits on super serious league races though.

16. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

Please accept my apologies if I am wrong, but I assume that your post was a response to mine.

If so, then you misunderstood. I did not speak about how great animated pitstops would be in the context of it being a “magic solution”.

I am sure that you and I are quite similar in that we both value the experience of driving on the track and the advanced physics as being the most important part of a sim.

One of the main points I was making was this:

The more immersive little extras that are added to the game, for example: animated pitstops, the more attractive the product becomes.

The more the game tempts iRacers, for example, even if they continue playing iRacing alongside ACC, is the more successful the game will be.

The more cool selling points that the game includes, the more sales and repeat plays that the game will have.

It’s simple logic:

If, for arguments sake, we had 2 extremely different versions of ACC:

1) An awesome barebones game where you simply drive around a track with awesome driving physics and there is no atmosphere, not even any people on the trackside or stands and no radio communication. But the game is incredible!

2) The exact same awesome physics as above, but this version also contained a level of extra cool stuff that no other sim has, such as animated driver swaps. Cars that are absolutely filthy following a 24h race at Spa. The best online experience. It even contained grid girls, and an in-depth animated career mode similar to some of the best Codemasters F1 games, slick UI and a hundred other extra features that collectively added something extra to the immersion. The game is so real that even bird sh1t drops out the sky!

Which of those 2 games would sell the most and retain the most repeat players?

If I remember correctly, there was a video interview where Marco said that “We[Kunos] are not good at making video games – we’re good at making sims, but not games”.

I wouldn’t say they are not good at making video games, but what you have in general, I believe, with most sim racers and sim developers is the idea that they simply and genuinely don’t understand why anybody who calls themselves a sim racer would ever want more than just a barebones sim.

I have even heard people say that a racing sim is not a video game. But why should we have to choose one or the other. In any case, ACC is advertised as:

THE OFFICIAL BLANCPAIN SERIES GAME

Just because it is already a beautiful game, doesn’t mean it would not benefit from adding extras.

17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's not a question in the real world. It's as trivial as

In the real world, everything has advantages and disadvantages. Only incredibly rare aspects have something like "only the advantages of both, and none of the disadvantages". Usually you have to pick what downside you accept for the desired advantage. Sometimes this is "only" developer time, complexity and technical debts, sometimes it is gameplay back and forth, sometimes it is business case modelling.
    So a reasonable question would be like

And the answer is easy. Don't wanna tell names, but there are games out there with less focus on physics and replication of real-life things (ever noticed that the fuel gauge LED on the outside of the Ferrari actually works?), but do freaking great games. And have like 5-50x more sales and users.

But in the end, nobody really argues that adding nice things is a bad idea (if reasonable and possible).

18. me me me.. I know this one

NUMBER TWO!!!!

What did I win?

EDIT: ninjed by @Minolin

19. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

I agree up to a point that "nobody" really argues that adding nice things is a bad idea (if reasonable and possible), but I would bet that there are those who would still argue against adding nice things even if the developer says we have the resources to add these on top of our awesome sim.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I hadn't actually...I must of been too busy looking around for my pit crew!

FWIW I don't give two hoots about animated pit crew...keep up the good work

jaxx_za and ignission like this.