1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

AMS feels just great.

Dcully likes this.
  2. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Sorry but I have to disagree. I said "base players" which means the players that remain some time after whatever launch or update is released. As you can clearly see from that graph, each time there is a new release there is a temporary peak of users. That is normal, as it is normal that many of those people leave. After that you can see if the user base has increased or not. This is logic. Not logic is thinking that the peak of users at each release is going to last. But to each is own. Good luck.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  3. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Not to sound like a genius, but...

Wouldn't be something like
    if car A crashes into rear of Car B at delta speed >20km/h in a turn proximity ONLY car A gets SA penalty.

BOOM rear ending drivers are dealth with.

Same for people re-entering track dangerously
    If car A cuts or goes offtrack (the detection is already there) and gets hit by car B in the following seconds after reentry at speed > 25km/h Only car A gets SA penalty

These are 2 of the worst cases and fixing them would help immensely the MP experience. Sure your race is ruined but at least you would save your SA and the killer would get punished.

4. dek

dek Racer

Watch Minolins latest Video at Yt. There he does explain the SA Rating variables.

5. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

You would have to take brake checkers in account who could exploit this easily. Also you can't be sure, if car A wasn't rear ended before or car B has a reason to go unusually slow.

What if car A was pushed off the track and was out of control, what if car B deliberately touches car A on reentry?

At the moment, on GT Sport, some guys go offtrack after a slight touch and give the other car a big penalty with this tactic. There are many variables to consider.

pimpi84, Si. and Jacobs like this.
  6. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I think I'd actually run in bumper cam with this mod...

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

bumper cam = bum cam o_O:eek::p:cool:

[​IMG]

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

can we also have this as feature..? mmm nice FFB :p

[​IMG]

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

aha I finally figured out what the 'Projection Correction' option is for :p:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  10. Aika_rajuu

Aika_rajuu Gamer

No too bad really.
    Like AI accident detection thing is pain due to data needed for teaching it and the time it takes to do so.
    Pit Crew is spaget problem.
    Ratings dont really need rework. Just the way they are used.(More variety to PC type of lobbies). Also please add better explanation of things to game UI when ever dev team gets there.
    Regarding modding thing the problem is licensing right?
    If the licencing is not the problem then i would see it as smart idea to add modding support when you get most of the spaget fixed and rest of the game finished. (Mostly to give the product longer life span.)
    Career should see some work tho :(.

11. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

I'm already mashing F5 :D

12. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

And as an added bonus DLC I want to be able to fly on a broom like harry potter to view the tracks

13. steeltom

steeltom Rookie

For the future it would be nice to have all Blancpain series tracks not only the European.
    https://www.gt-world-challenge-asia.com/calendar
    https://www.gt-world-challenge-america.com/calendar

Especially tracks like Sonoma, RoA, Virgina and Watkins Glen are really nice.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Just a small amendment on that topic that I brought up:
    I didn't mean it in a way that modding would suddenly make ACC the most successful simracing game ever.
    I just wanted to note that leagues might be holding back on ACC because they can't modify the content to fit their league setup (skins, tracks).
    And I just think that ACC and leagues in principle (endurance orientation, spectator mode, etc.) would fit very well together.

oh and btw, personally I don't take part in leagues and I am not interested in doing so, so I'm not affected by this. ;)
    Apart from the track selection (which you guys are not responsible for) I am happy with the content of ACC.
    (as long as I can keep driving AC for all the cooler cars. :))

MonzterPixel likes this.
  15. omar liew

omar liew Racer

Lol. It's a love/hate thing i guess. It's a great gt3 car simulator.. But the whole "game" aspect is not really good at this point:(

XettMan likes this.
  16. omar liew

omar liew Racer

Well, i think the biggest problem at this moment is, that the v1.0 release was actually so bad (sorry kunos!) that it takes a lot of time to actually fix all the problems. So they fix the problems first that they think are neccesary for the fundementals of the game. All the other stuff that might seem important to us but are not first priority for the developers at this point (because the core game itself should improve first maybe?) are not being fixed yet. So a lot of players think this is gonna be it and it won't get any big improvements so i stop playing (including me sometimes). All the last update since v1.0 are updates that don't seem very big and don't make huge difference (except for 1.0.7 maybe with the new tiremodel) but in the end make it possible to improve the game on alot of different aspects. And they also need to focus on the dlc that was promised to be released this summer. So it might get better over time. Only during early acces i felt the steps made where much bigger so now it seems like development is going to slow. But that's only logic i guess. Let's hope for the best.

Chrhun and XettMan like this.
  17. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

18. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

I agree.

This is the future direction ACC should be headed.

As a GT spec car lover, I must admit, I am very biased.

I am a fanboy and lover of the Blancpain GT Series since its inception, and previous GT series before that.

So for someone like me, adding other series into the game such as Le Mans Prototypes via the devs or whether created from mods is a no no. There are other games for that.

I also wouldn’t want any form of open cockpit, or single seaters where their wheels are installed on the wrong side of the cars.

That’s not to say that if ACC was ruined by the addition of other race series that the amount of people buying the game wouldn’t increase.

Of course sales would increase. But then what is the point? The game ends up being just another AC instead of ACC: The official Blancpain game.

ACC is a niche within a niche market.

So how does it compete?

Physics, authenticity and immersion.

The official license and focus on one series increases the quality of the product. Or at least allows for the opportunity for the devs to create more accurate physics and a more immersive experience.

Some people don’t understand why pit crew simulation or cockpit simulation are important to others, but these little details add to the immersion. Small details like the driver’s hand movements in the car operating the buttons and switches. For people like me, these things add to the experience.

Now imagine if we got the animated driver entering the car similar to the game’s original trailer.

Imagine animated driver swaps.

With the exception of the poor interior sounds of the Porsche GT3, the sounds in this game are awesome. The only real challenger is Race Room.

Now imagine if certain aspects of ACC’s presentation, menus and career mode was co-developed with Codemasters. The game would have a next level of slickness and appeal that would increase buyers further.

trasgu, Chriss and Adastros like this.
  19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

OMG please stop with the animated pit crew magic fix, look at the math and simple logic. First of all, you're on track 99% of the time, if your feeling of immersion isn't already fulfilled adding an animated pit crew is not going to magically fix you're perceived "lack" of immersion for the other 99% of the time you're playing ACC. Can we all agree on that?

It may be a feature people want but please let's stop with the magic bullet solution which is illogical.

jc1993, vortex19, MTv and 6 others like this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Car A stops dead at T1 at monza on purpose and causes pile up and everyone behind him to lose SA, cars B-Z are quickly on the forum yelling about being penalised.

Sadly assigning blame is very difficult. iRacing has been around for 11 years and still hasn’t managed to do it.

Captain Barracuda likes this.