1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

May as well throw a few more cents at this thread... lol
    I think there’s a fair few leagues that are waiting for some small ish details to be sorted out before starting to run full series with ACC. The main one I think is the issue with getting detailed results at the end of sessions. Once that is sorted we should see a fair few more people online practicing for league races and general fun runs.

I would think that most people who come for serious racing inevitably join some kind of community in their region to race with.

trasgu, BlivAK and sps_for_race like this.
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

My thoughts on low numbers is more in the final finish and features in ACC. Fairly critical key things still need a bit of work like timing, UI and Lobby.

The actual driving model is great but its still got that early access feel to it in many areas. Basic driver stats, saving lap times etc arent there and ingame timing and UI is quite rough currently also.

Ive never touched sp championships or career mode but heard there arent even any points saved for a season which is a pretty core part of such a feature not there.

Being the Blancpain series having MP races able to replicate this would be a big plus but we cant as yet. Also the view of limiting many of the cooler features to private servers isnt going to help general user base grow if it means they need to go to closed league groups for this sort of racing.

In game needs better documentation of features, the forum is great with all the blog posts but most of this stuff really needs to be put ingame and easily accessable to the user. Things like ECU modes we need to print out and have a list available so we know what is in the car. All this critical info should be easily accessable where its needed.

So many long time simmers that join us for league fun runs need a big run through of core features to get a basic hang of how things are done. Of this many things need basic user workarounds to deal with certain issues.

The lobby really is not helping much to encourage people to race more, especially in our region no matter how you set filtering its flooded with unrated servers over 300ms pings.

Once in a server there is no session info and you dont even see the actual ingame time or timescale until after you commit your setup to race.

Plans to keep most of the better sim features for private servers is also an odd choice IMHO. Many groups would likely gladly have open scheduled league seasons just using ratings and ping limits.

The ratings work great but nothing in the lobby or UI is really steering people into using this. Even those that want to use ratings need to manually scroll through the lobby to find the 5 of 50 servers there they actually would want to join.

If quick join allowed you to set basic limits such as SA75 3 medals under 200ms then it would be usefull. Now it puts you in any random server and you dont even know how many sessions or how long they will be once your in the server.

Once the title gets proper polish in the core features I think numbers will grow. DLC's and content will help somewhat but to keep a good user base keen on buying these into the future it really needs to be improved greatly in these key areas IMHO.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  3. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Seriously, the only reason why absolutely nobody is playing acc these days is because everybody is missing the grid girls!
    Who cares about a pit crew?

Screenshot_20190806-084454.png

jc1993, Perell0ne, ignission and 12 others like this.
  4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would pay for grid girls DLC

5. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Very valid points. +1.

6. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

But only laserscanned.

7. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

The problem is that in my case i have lost access to CP servers thanks to the flourishing of lap 1 heroes, and i do not have countless hours to recover the 8 lost SA points in my last weekly sessions. I just join and hope to find a clean room. Lately things are getting worst and worst in public rooms, so the issue it's self-aggravating.

You lose SA to people ramming you -> lose access to high sa servers ->meet even more rammers Online -> lose more SA
    We need a way to give guilt when there is OBVIOUS guilt.

Franc Pisek and Perell0ne like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'd only pay if they are Moto GP quality o_O:p

Serge M and sps_for_race like this.
  9. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Btw some features that are "supposedly" not too complicated to add that would make many simracers more interested are Leaderboards and personal best times in all tracks with all cars, and a way to customize your livery (we already have that, but having it only on your own server or in a server that has your livery data is a bit complicated, as is the editing the files by hand).

I think your own offline/online best laps list shouldn't be too hard? Wouldn't require servers or anything, right?

10. Dcully

Dcully Gamer

It's their loss for turning their backs on an amazing sim.No other sim gives be such a visual and audio treat with high end physics.The new the update is a game changer too.

11. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

The problem is that as it is now there is no consecuences to anybody with a low rating, and that those people aren't separated from the rest of the users. The multiplayer service should have a SA minimum to just have a chance to enter in any server. Then we would have out of the online servers: the wreckers, heroes of the T1, people that clearly don't have the will to respect the rules, and people that still haven't reached a minimum level of car control to not be a risk to everybody else.

I suggested it before and I was called elitist, I said that SA would serve to no purpose if not harsly enforced, now the reality shows itself. Those colectives should remain in single player until they reach a minimum of SA, but past that point they shouldn't be able in offline mode to increase their SA any further than 5 SA above the online minimum. Then if they access to the online and loose their SA below the minimum then they return to the single player until they improve it above the minimum to get access to online servers. SA serves to no purpose if it can't filter those people to the ones that want to have a clean race, right now the SA rating is fine, maybe it takes a bit too much to recover SA, but still, the problem is that because the populated servers are the ones that have low rating then if you want to have a race your only choice has to go to the low rating ones by virtue of the lack of posibilities. And because there is barely no need to care about SA rating then those colectives have no incentive to take care of that rating, if law wasn't enforced they the highways would be full of people driving past 160km/h, SA must be enforced in order to make it effective.

12. pastranario

pastranario Racer

Leave a window open for modders to enter, they will see how popularity grows.:p

13. Metzger

Metzger Racer

I agree for the part of having SA in SP only to reach a limited number a.k.a 20-30 so you can join some low restricted servers but it should be technically impossible to gain more than 20-30 SA in SP.

14. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Even if it were technically possible (goodbye, Blancpain license) - you've often seen some really good mods?

For me there are only two of them:
    1) SOL (the weather is already in ACC)
    2) Racing Sim Studio mods(unlicensed, unfortunely)

The rest of the are some sort of crutches.

upd: sorry, I forgot to tell about the guy who made the Ginetta GT4 - he's good master.

15. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Great example of constructive criticism. I hope people take note about how it's done.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

LATE4APEX likes this.
  16. pastranario

pastranario Racer

AC survived, and remains in force thanks to the mod, this is indisputable.

17. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

It's undeniable. Perhaps AC will survive ACC.

But ACC is different. They have in common only a name, but the development approach(I don't know how to call it) is somewhat different, so don't comparison together. ;)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  18. Metzger

Metzger Racer

ACC doesn't provide racing different than GT3(EDIT: and Porsche Cup and Lambo SF) and people who bough it knows it, we should not put the content as an issue, simply because it is clear that this is GT3 SIM! iRacing GT3 is popular, AC GT3 servers were populated so is RF2 and RRE, so I don't believe the issue is the content.
    The question is why would anyone go and do GT3 race in another SIM while ACC should be the best for that ? I think @martcerv nailed it with his comment, lots of stuff needs polishing both in MP and SP.

In addition, why not having CC and CN options for server restrictions ? I understand those stats are suppose to be personal, but think about it, if you can have both cc and cn above 80 or so, this means at least you are somewhat serious and can drive the car at or close to the limit fairly consistent, I doubt any rammer has CC, CN and SA ratings all high. IRL if you can't properly drive, no body will let you race let aside take you in a GT3 team.

19. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Yeah, at the beginning I though that all the ratings where meant to to that, but only SA isn't an informative rating. Also the ratio off off track times/km I don't even know if is computed in the SA calculation, if not it would help.

20. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I'm just going to throw this in here. There's been a lot of negativity in forums and YouTube for various reasons. ACC has developed a reputation and that's lead people to have a certain perception of the sim, even if they haven't played it. That's hurting the growth with new players.

With 1.0.7 we saw an uptick in interest from YouTubers - in particular Chris Hayes and Jardier stand out as being suitably impressed. But Gamer Muscle, who has a pretty sizable following, also logged back in when 1.0.7 went into beta and his original gripes about "terrible ffb" still persist.

While I've been one of the more vocal fanboys supporting ACC in his streams (there does seem to be a decent balance of fanboys and haters whenever GM discusses ACC), the points that GM were making about the FFB started to hit home with me. He's basically saying that there's a lack of mid corner feel from the ffb, making it hard to detect loss of grip from the FFB alone. Raceroom, for example, has an optional effect called slip loss (or something similar) which I think is what he's getting at.

I personally think that he's got a point. On the whole, I love the immersion that you get from ACC but there has been something niggling me about the FFB and I think maybe GM is right. Interested to hear what you all think about it. The GM stream that I mentioned is here, FYI, and he rants about his FFB concerns quite a lot..