1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #140 – The bully on the beach

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Rod100
    Xbox

I'm using F14...'s setup plus shorter gear ratio. Changed only "final spin ratio" (non technical translation) to 3.75. That sets 6th gear to a maximum of 277kph. But I didn't make any optimizations.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

2. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

1.41.678 PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

FWIW, here is my gearing setup - I am into 6th gear 3 times during a lap and pretty well maxed out on the front straight at 250kph before braking. Not using first except to start rolling. I am a second slower than you though....but that is likely due to skill and setup...in that order! I am happy w gearing, now need to wean myself off the TC and try some of the other settings in the thread. This is a fun combo, I must admit.
    IMG_0534.JPG

4. AB770577

AB770577 Hardcore Simmer

AB770577 1.38.592 PS4

Attached Files:

5. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current Standings:

1. F1415182235 1:38.146 Xb1
    2. Leif 1.38.558 PC
    3. AB770577 1.38.592 PS4
    4. Lewisxbone 1.38.962 Xb1
    5. Neilski 1.39.045 PC
    6. Biner 1:39.950 PC
    7. Emmanuel Tubbiolo 1.40.573 Xb1
    8. Totall Wrytoff 1.40.709 PS4
    9. Rod100 1.41.301 Xb1
    10. Laughing gravy 1.41.678 PS4

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

6. I'm very delighted to say that Lewisxbone has volunteered to help me out with the WHC. :D
    He will be managing the timings and rankings from now on and is sure to deliver the accuracy we have been missing!
    Lewisxbone is a WHC giant. Not only is he the Challenge's most consistent player, over the last 100+ WHCs his weekly position has improved strongly, going from lower-mid table places to winning WHCs.
    Please join me in thanking him for his time and help.
    We are devising a joint challenge that will appear in September, so standby for that.

We are also approaching WHC150....:eek::rolleyes::cool::D

and WHC156, which is obviously WHCs 4th Birthday!

We will be devising some suitable celebration challenges for the anniversaries and would like everyone's input. Please let us have any thoughts or ideas or things you would like to see for those special events.
    Perhaps @Lord Kunos will throw us a party too!:);)

Thanks again to Lewis, I'm very grateful.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks TW

Happy to help out.
    Word of warning to everyone, I’m partially blind so if I get some times wrong, bear with me and I’ll correct them ASAP.
    Maybe should of mentioned that before I applied for the job haha

8. I've tried lots of different ratio settings and it seems to make little difference, I do a 1.40.9 or a 1.41.0... lap in... lap out. Medium or soft, the front left tyre has had it coming in to turn 10.
    Can anyone with a PC see what the rpm is for peak power and torque?
    When should we be changing up (G29 LEDs indicate around 60%rpm) and would short shifting or shorter/ longer ratios suit the power curve?
    o_O

9. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Thanks for the ratio info. I haven't done much testing but I should have known better than to think it would make a huge difference.
    As for shift points - those LEDs are clearly high on something, because (at least based on what the GUI says) the peak power is only a little short of the redline.
    I don't have CM (which might disagree) but Sidekick has me shifting only a little before max RPM so I wouldn't lose any sleep over the difference (see pic).

Edit: on first read, I thought you were saying that the front left was giving up by LAP 10, but if it's actually giving trouble on T10 of lap 1 even on mediums then you probably need to consciously try to turn the wheel less. I found that maxing the tyre volume and moving the "tyre skid volume onset" to 150% helped me notice understeer more easily.
    upload_2019-8-8_20-37-46.png

10. Very helpful, thanks @Neilski, redline it is. So shortest ratios possible should be fastest.... but it's better driving that counts more.:)
    No idea what you mean by tyre vol/ skid onset etc etc. Must be a PC thing, we're in Console Lounge.:D
    I just haven't got the line for turn 8 right. I find braking early to avoid the bumps means losing time waiting for the car to rotate into the corner.
    I haven't mastered the tiger line, diving into the corner and braking towards the apex.
    Practice, practice, arrrgggghhhh:D

11. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Ah bummer, you don't get an audio control menu?
    Mmm, haven't even considered that. Must experiment.
    It took me a while to stop braking too late and then having to stay off the power for ages (or hit the sand).

12. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-8-8_22-41-22.png
    3/10ths, inspired by @Neilski :D Performance is too inhibited this evening for a '38, but tomorrow...
    I'm hoping UPS are true to their word... if they are... not counting any chickens, waiting for the fat lady etc... I have a MAJOR equipment upgrade arriving "by end of day."
    I'm beside myself with excitement, but you know what these things are like. Obviously I'll be bragging about it when it arrives, I hope it's worth a second per lap...

13. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Biner
    Improvement 1:39.464
    PC

IMG_0539.JPG
    TC off (no problem...surprise to me!!!), ABS still at mid level, backed off camber a bit to low 3's and low 2's, running softs. Upped the wing to 10. 1/2 second improvement overall. I've got red/orange tires on the left for part of the lap, but I turn my fastest laps on #3 and#4.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  14. hondo

hondo Gamer

Hondo
    PC
    upload_2019-8-8_18-50-5.png

default setup except for tire temps

15. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

I've got a video of a 38.3 or something, but I don't wanna upload anything other than a 1:37.

16. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

moodyryder
    Ps4

Screenshot_20190809-131737.png

I had a go on Tuesday night and did a 1:41. I was tying myself in knots with set up and getting nowhere. Gave up and went to bed.

Last night I had a spare half hour so tried again.

Naked Assetto. Stock set up, no restarts, one tank of fuel until it ran out and whatever time I got was getting posted. Even if it was 1:50.

A few trips into the gravel and inconsistency rules until Lap 10 when I got 1.40.328, and that will have to do. Fuel ran out after 12 laps.

17. Oh you tease! We'd all like to see a '38:D

18. Wow @moodyryder! Is that too much info?
    Do you mean you are submitting a "buff" lap?:D

Update on my hardware upgrade...
    UPS has not delivered.
    Fanatec failed to put the postcode on the address, so the packages have been held, sometime next week now. Unless I cab it across London (Friday rush hour) to collect it before 8pm....
    Gutted.:(

19. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Unlucky @Totall Wrytoff that is harsh!

Just had a quick go and played a bit more with gears, and also TC and ABS.
    Managed to find two tenths in the first half of the lap but keep losing it again in the last few corners. I don't see any more real improvement for me with this setup, if I could hit a perfect lap maybe another 0.3 but beyond that I have no idea :D

~Did I mention I hate this track?
    :p

Have a good weekend gents!

20. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement Ish

Lewisxbone 1.38.776 Xb1

[​IMG]