1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #148 – Hugo’s hot wheels

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    2.02.839 pc

[​IMG]

Fun combo, but this car is a little frustrating to drive, its got a lot of understeer. You gotta be super smooth to get the most out of it. I used Mathieu Labbe's tune for mugello from the setup market. I put the brake bias back one click and upped the rev limter to the max! I think I also added 1 click more positive toe for front and back. I put enough fuel for four laps. I tried all the different gearsets, but the long ones worked the best.

Setup is at the end of the video!

This car has a stick shift but I don't sadly. I am using my paddle shifters and I turned off all the aids so I do all my own throttle blipping on the downshifts and I lift to up shift. My hats off to people who can heel/toe properly and still be quick! I know that if I had a stick shift I would be much slower...

My right foot is useless when it comes to braking lol. I haven't used my right foot for braking since my last stick shift car which was a 1995 dodge neon lol. Sadly, its pretty much impossible to find a modern stick shift...
    I have tried racing with only one foot just to see if I could heel/toe and even after a solid day or two of trying I couldn't get it. So I don't think I'll ever invest in a sim shifter. Oh woe is me hahaha!

2. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Rod100
    XB1

I could at least make it below 2.10. Love to drive with manual shift and toe and heel.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

Andy-R, DonZmeuheu, Neilski and 9 others like this.
  3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

@pretend racer, thank you the video and setup. I think I'll have some time for training on Friday. It's amazing what you can do with the steering wheel, I feel like driving a taxi. If you want to revive the stick shifters, all you have to do is to fly here to Brazil, most cars are still built with manual transmissions.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. Great vid!
    Absolutely, properly heroic into turn one!
    And then the ghost, flicks right over the windscreen and bonnet, just as you are trying to spot the braking point for Scarperia. I reckon it helped!! You left it another 10m.
    Congrats on beating the RSR, @Pretend racer and it's only Tuesday!:)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  5. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Well thank you! :D

The ghost got by me there while I was braking into Scarperia because I shifted into third whereas on the previous lap I left it in second gear. I got **** lucky and managed to nail that corner perfectly :p I surprised myself that I made it through there lol. I would recomend keeping it in 2nd gear and braking a little earlier than I did.

I actually made up quite a bit of time outbraking my self into correntaio which forced me to take that corner like a V instead of a U - if that makes any sense... almost like a stop and squirt style, instead of smooth and like a snowball running downhill. Anyways, by the time I came out of the chicane I was surprised to see my delta so far into the green, I was just praying I didn't screw up the last corner lol!

6. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Hugo Catarino
    PS4

IMG_20191001_223401.jpg

First of all,let me thank you @Totall Wrytoff for this homage,it is very appreciated! Hard to believe its been almost an entire year that i left the WHL and even harder to believe you took it ever since,with a great more deal of work that i ever put in this,many thanks!
    So...not even driving my beloved gt40 makes me go fast :p
    I have a fun story regarding this livery.if you look to the left rear side (and right front side aswell i think) you will see a sponsorship from Rent-a-car Portugal,aswell as Volante Livre (it means free Wheel,which i think is a driving school in Porto, Portugal).
    This livery belongs to a GT40 owned by Emílio Marta,a portuguese racer who won the Angolan Championship in the early 70's with the GT40(back then, Angola was a portuguese colony in Africa). The car was very famous there,but after the revolution in 1975 it had to be shipped to Portugal, where it was painted with the colors we can now see in AC (Emílio worked for Rent-a-Car,a company that rents cars,and Volante Livre was related to the GT40's first owner i believe.He was a driving instructor and sold the car to Emílio after crashing it in race and hitting some spectators).
    I was very surprised (even shocked) when i saw this livery the first time i got AC.Who knew this livery was famous behond the hardcore portuguese motorfans!It actually feels nice to drive a piece of my country motorsport history :)

Andy-R, DonZmeuheu, Neilski and 8 others like this.
  7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current standings:

1. Pretend racer - 2.02.839 PC
    2. Leif - 2.03.803 PC
    3. Lewisxbone - 2.03.931 XB1
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 2.05.067 PS4
    5. Moodyryder - 2.05.412 PS4
    6. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 2.05.472 XB1
    7. Sissydriver - 2.07.430 PC
    8. Rod100 - 2.09.665 XB1
    9. Hugo Catarino - 2.11.356 PS4

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

DonZmeuheu, Neilski, LeiF and 5 others like this.
  8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement
    Lewisxbone
    XB1

8D9392F1-B353-4BB7-AB5F-A37C885B3187.jpeg

Panicked on the last corner, too late braking and went down to 1st gear, easily lost a couple of tenths. Doh!!!

Andy-R, DonZmeuheu, Neilski and 7 others like this.
  9. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Laughing Gravy
    PS4 [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

ChaosChris
    Xb1

[​IMG]

I’ll be honest I am not a fan of the historical cars as I tend to overestimate the grip and brakes . This one not too bad but I do feel like I am dawdling around the circuit. On the flip side I also get the feeling I am learning how to drive better by being punished for silly errors. Plus less to tinker with and get wrong!

Anyway really pleased with my time this week. Might have another go later in the week if I find time.
    Another cracking combo . Thanks.

Andy-R, DonZmeuheu, Peggy11 and 7 others like this.
  11. Chaos_Chris

That lap is MENTAL. I did try to emulate it a couple of time but just lose control in the first 4 corners! My hands aren’t nearly as mobile, I guess that’s where I lose 6 sec a lap then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current Standings:

1. Pretend racer - 2.02.839 PC
    2. Lewisxbone - 2.03.242 XB1
    3. Leif - 2.03.803 PC
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 2.05.067 PS4
    5. Moodyryder - 2.05.412 PS4
    6. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 2.05.472 XB1
    7. Sissydriver - 2.07.430 PC
    8. Laughing Gravy - 2.08.154 PS4
    9. ChaosChris - 2.08.479 XB1
    10. Rod100 - 2.09.665 XB1
    11. Hugo Catarino - 2.11.356 PS4

DonZmeuheu, Neilski, Peggy11 and 4 others like this.
  13. *************STEWARDS' REVIEW - CHEQUERED FLAG TIMING****************

There was some discussion about the closing time of the challenge last week.

The objective is to allow as many players as much freedom as possible to have a go each week.

The idea was to bring the closing time forward 24hrs to 1800 BST/GMT on Saturday. That would allow Sunday to practice the new Challenge.
    However the time on Sunday is important to some players for the current, and it is exciting trying to get a better time as the deadline closes in on Sunday.

***PROPOSED SOLUTION:

- OVERLAP THE CHALLENGES -

The new weekly challenge will be posted just after 1800 BST/GMT on Saturday and close as usual at 1800 BST/GMT on Sunday.

What does everyone think about that?

Please could you voice your approval or disgust.:)

DonZmeuheu, Neilski, gamma500 and 5 others like this.
  14. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

I think it's a great compromise. Could be good also if you can't improve and want to move on. Thanks

DonZmeuheu, Neilski, gamma500 and 4 others like this.
  15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

agree to what Emmanuel writes. top! :)

16. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Approval.

17. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

What a great idea.
    Who came up with that TW

18. Chaos_Chris

Fine with timing changes I don’t think it will make me quicker though.

Damn you laughing gravy full half second quicker ... getting back in the car tonight. Strap in it’s going to be messy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Sounds fantastic

20. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yep no objection here, good idea!