1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Maybe my video is a bit confusing :confused: Next time I'll add driver names. Mr. X for example because I'm not here to blame anyone just to vent off frustration.

In the frist clip I'm in the Porsche. I had make a mistake, cutted the chicane and was using the radar to be sure and don't crashed into the BMW while I'm rejoined. Because of my cut I let the BMW past. Nothing happend. All happy. :p Even the BMW driver said Thank You to me for the fair behaviour.

In the 2-5 clips I'm the Lambo driver. The Porsche of Mr.X missed the entry for the chicane. I (Lambo) was using the radar to anticipate where the Porsche of Mr. X will be when I'm at the straight. To be sure Mr. X had enought space I was going wide already. This corner exit its hard to see without triple screens or VR. So far all fine.
    The strange thing was Mr. X turned to the right side of the track to prevent my rejoining instead go a bit to the left and stay there like expected. If you watch clip 4 you can clearly see Mr.X saw me at his right side and started to turn slightly more to the right on purpose. This behaviour was hardly to anticipate. I'm in the Lambo was too fast already to back up without crashing into the wall at the right side. So my only choice was trying to come back on track in front of the Porsche of Mr. X but he prevented this active.

About the skill: I was very surprised to see this unfair behaviour of Mr. X because the guy was very fast, startet the race from second position and we had a good clean fights before the incident.
    I know mate. The question was about the name of @Thug . I saw you a few time online. Spa and Monza I think. :)

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  2. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

My ACC in game name is M Simpson (or Matt Simpson).
    I might change it to match my forum name if I can.
    My number is always 421 (it’s my works admin number) and I always use the Bentley (it’s the only one with the steering wheel on the correct side ha ha).

After_Midnight likes this.
  3. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

The Porsche driver deliberately moves to the right in order to initiate contact. A decent driver would have moved to the left accepting the corner/position was already lost. I don't think it's unreasonable for the Lambo to take a wider line with such a large speed differential with a car rejoining the track. For me the important thing is the intent of the Porsche driver, contact was only ever going to be the outcome and he knew it.

4. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

I also think it was all Porsche fault and intent to cut off you @After_Midnight, he probably thought sth like “I was in front before the corner, I rejoiced in front so F you” but that rejoin was just dangerous and stupid, he is rejoining and he needs to do that so he is not making others suffer in the process, there is no way there is something wrong with you going outside at the exit, you are avoiding him, and he needs to leave you room just like you moved aside for that BMW in the first clip

After_Midnight and Winston like this.
  5. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Here is another of mine from this morning.
    I am again the Boat driver 421.
    There is the usual Monza T1 car park that I anticipate and slow to a (almost) stop, where the green car crashes into me.
    The Lexus on the left also crashes into me and we move off. The Lexus continues to crash into me another 2 times until he finally sticks to my left rear taking away my steering and spins me off the track.
    He then calls me 'Simpson you dirt pig' (or words to that effect),
    In your opinion, is this my fault or the Lexus?

For a bit of background, the race prior to this there were 4 cars in a line heading to the final corner. Car 1, car 2. car 3 (me) and car 4 (the same Lexus driver).
    We were all nose to tail.
    As we approached the corner and started to slow, Lexus boy moves to the right to 'attempt' an overtake (which he would have had to do all 3 of us due to proximity). I also move to the right as the car in front slows a little too much (due to the car in front slowing) to avoid rear ending him.
    Lexus boy goes in the grass to avoid me and rejoins in his pre-corner position (nothing lost).
    He then starts calling me 'Benz noob pig'.
    For some reason this video didn't save despite me wanting it to.
    Incidentally I started 14th and ended 5th in a 10 min race with no contact at all (so must have done something right).

Is this me being a poor driver, or Lexus boy going for me due to the previous race?

Anyway, here is the T1 carnage...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  6. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Well, in my opinion, you did not leave him room on the track, and he did not want to go onto the grass.
    But why did you not move to the inside?

7. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

I don’t know what happened after the video here is ended but regarding that clip, that green Ferrari bumped you which put you sideways and Lexus naturally touched you but there is nothing wrong with that, than you both continue and I would say it’s your fault that you are pushing him off, he just kept his line while you didn’t, Porsche is comming on the inside but there is nothing to do with that, you just kept driving towards him and he runes out of space so the spin is caused by you,
    Monza T1 is always dangerous and it’s better to avoid moves like that, you say you finished p5 anyway so as you can see you can still do so much in the race, you don’t win races at T1 do you;)

After_Midnight, Winston, Thug and 3 others like this.
  8. alright. First of all you did the chicane very well, super safe and fair. ferrari killed you, because of zero safety distance. also in the chicane you have a contact with the lexus, nobody's fault.
    you have already shown improvements. great.

Then I think you pushed him into the grass to avoid the bump. he has not to slow down while accelerating,if you don't force him to back off. so it's your fault. remember : the track splits in two.

Anyway, there is no reason to shame someone for episodes like this.
    The guy is not a friend and you should really talk to him or even to the admin.

if nothing changes, change community.
    I would go crazy.

Winston and Thug like this.
  9. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I kind of agree and disagree with you all here, for the following reasons.
    We all know T1 to be an issue and should drive accordingly.
    Yes, the green car does get a little too close and shouldn't have.
    The Lexus should also know what is going on (it goes on in most races at Monza) and drive accordingly, instead he goes over the sausage strip and I think even if I hadn't already had been hit he would have found it hard to avoid me (or someone else). I think he is driving a little aggressively.
    As we then go on the straight (at 2:27 race time not video time) I am over to the right (and in front) and he to the left (and behind), but clearly goes over to my side.
    He would have a better view point than me and realise he is doing this.
    As we then go on, yes I do veer over to the left (due to the car coming up fast behind me) and was not going to go any further so allowing him enough space so he didn't have to go on the grass, which he can also see, so should make attempts to avoid as he is in a better position to do so.

Anyway, a good discussion.
    No shaming intended. I don't mind being at blame, but just showing my views as you can also show yours.

Incidentally, this wasn't the race I ended 5th I came 3rd from last I believe due to damage.

10. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Mr Alonso will answer to the question:p:

He had nowhere to go, I would have done the same. If you have to choose between go to the grass and loose control or have a collision with the person that has the guilt of that lack of space the choice is going to be obvious.

GRFOCO, Winston and Salvatore Amato like this.
  11. Mate I've to agree with @NemethR @Salvatore Amato and @Maciej Malinowski again.
    You behaviour in the first chicane is great. Nothing wrong with it. I don't blame the Ferrari that much for the incident. It's hard to anticipate a full stop in no time or he was pushed too.
    But after the chicane I can blame just you mate. You are going mid track for no reason and even after the first contact at your left side you are still going more and more to the left side of the track.
    So I think main reasons are no radar in use and driving with the steering wheel on the wrong side :p

But I'll have a look for the #421 car in my next races :)

Winston and Thug like this.
  12. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

The car behind, is behind. He will (or not) figure out how to overtake you.
    This is a race after all, being a clean driver does not mean that you should make room for everyone who is behind you.
    Being a clean driver means to try as hard as you can not to hit the other car, but you can still fight hard. - Also we are no professionals here, everyone makes mistakes, I do too.

Back to the Lexus.
    Monza 1st turn is a very hard corner.
    I actually had a lot of issues with the Ferrari as I was totally not able to turn in there, when someone was near me. The car just simply has a larger turning curve, then what space is available there.
    (Safe and Aggressive setup).

I hit a lot of people there, at start, not because I wanted, but simply because I could not manage to turn the car in, when someone was side-by-side with me. No matter how slow I tried it just was not possible.
    Then after googling a lot, I found if you adjust the steering ration (lower it in my case from 14 to 12) the car actually turns in a lot more, and I can now avoid hitting others there.
    BUT this is not explained in the game at all, and not everyone is a Setup Guru.

So in terms of Monza T1, I can understand if someone cannot turn it that much. - Limitation of the setup.

Thug likes this.
  13. it's not true mate. the ferrari has the best turn in. thinner.

Also "all the timer you have to leave a space"

LATE4APEX and After_Midnight like this.
  14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

And I will try not to hit you :eek:

After_Midnight likes this.
  15. Let's hope for the best :p

Thug likes this.
  16. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

On the straight you move more and more to the left instead of leaving him enough space.
    Exact the same situation happened to me. I already had the claim to overtake, was faster and was already with my nose to the middle of his car and the other car moves more and more to my side (I was already at the edge of the track). Then we crashed (because I will not brake anymore for jerks like this) and he blamed me with very dirty words. It was 100% his fault.

In your situation there was no reason to move to the left. Stay on the right and everything will be fine.

Madsen and Thug like this.
  17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Its you responsibly to make the corner while leaving room for another car if there is one beside you, "my car won't turn" is not an excuse for hitting some one.

I like the lower steering ratio also, but that does NOT make a car turn more or turn in better, that's why it does not say that anywhere here..

Thug likes this.
  18. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

The green Ferrari is not Green! Its Mint colored and it was me :oops:
    As other have said wasnt on purpose and no steering issue just tried to stay close to the pack and was already on the gas when you went on the break, i tried to avoid it with breaking and then doding on the gras. I also had an instant freeze, when i hit you you thats probably why it looked like i cut your rear into pieces. But thanks to your video i now know why two cars crashed on the straight after T1.:D
    Overall this complete race was quite intresting with a lot of incidents, first i thought it was a low SA server and was quite suprised seeing it was 50 SA. I think there was a crash at nearly every corner in the first lap, I got also nailed in the last corner from a porsche, who was too late on the breaks and decided its a good idea to go for the inside line when youre coming in too fast :rolleyes:

Thug likes this.
  19. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Your incident was an unlucky situation imo.
    But after that, the Bentley forced the Lexus off the track. Since there was already a small contact before, it was very likely, that there is still a car on the left. Sorry, @Thug

Thug likes this.
  20. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

It’s nice meeting a fellow racer I have raced against. I never thought yours was ‘on purpose’ at all. It’s easy to make mistakes anywhere on a track (I have made my fair share according the the comments on here), but knowing where they happen most of the time is easier to avoid as you are prepared for them.
    look forward to our next race.
    In fact we should arrange one for those who have contributed to this thread. I will bring my bumper-car-Bentley.