1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Aris Drives

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Ecnelis, Dec 23, 2019.

1. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Madsen - imagine he does it. :)
    and we have to watch him drive bathhurst and you dont know when its released. :eek:
    is this a kind of masochism??? o_O;):p

Andrex and Madsen like this.
  2. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

Bathurst, of course, only if it is released. :p

Otherwise Spa-Francorchamps ;)

sissydriver likes this.
  3. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

@Aristotelis Just a silly question about your last stream.
    While you was building your setup, and refining it, at some point you arrived to a stable and nice setup.
    After that, you was searching for a different tire wear, more pronounced in the front and less in the rear, we already knows why.
    So you did some changes, good results, but cars obviously become a little bit understeering.
    You did other little setup changes and, for 2 times, you raised the rear high by 1mm.
    (And here comes my question)
    It worked, but why raise the rear and not lower the front?

Yes, i know, rear higher can rotate much easier the car, and this can help with understeer. But can lowering the frond height be also a valid solution? Should it generate more front downforce, so less understeer? I mean, rather than loose some downforce to the back to fight understeer, why don't searching for it in the front?

SellerieMitDip likes this.
  4. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

@Aristotelis

Yesterday I tried your Hungaroring-Hurracan Evo setup (aggressive_08) with slight adjustments to the tire pressure.

I think the setup is very good to drive, especially over the curbs the car is very good and manageable.

I am looking forward to your new stream and hope that you will drive the Aston Martin V12. :cool: :)

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain this.
    1. Rear ride height generates more subtle aerodynamic balance movements. So it's more "fine tuning". Front ride height has more severe impact.
    2. Front ride height can also bring the front splitter way to close to the ground or even scrap and this can stall the splitter and even block the flow to the diffuser. You can't really know this in advance, but if it works and you want small changes, then don't touch it.
    3. A higher rear ride height, for sure will not provoke a diffuser stall. So you don't get any strange behaviours.
    4. Slightly bigger rake (front low, rear higher) almost always generates more downforce, so in reality you gain downforce. It's just that it moves the balance too much to the front so we can't really afford it always.
    5. A slightly higher front ride height can make you go over kerbs easier.

All of the above (especially #1), make the slight rear ride height adjustment a better choice.

Thanks for letting me know, great!
    Unfortunately I can do more or less, 1 live stream every week, so it will take some time, but I do intend to go through very different cars on very different tracks. Aston Martin V12 is definitely one of my favourites, so I'll try to try it as soon as possible.

6. ignission

ignission Simracer

@Aristotelis Are you planning on streaming the 6h event you are participating in with Minolin and Panky?

7. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Also @Aristotelis are you hosting a watch party for the IRL 12h? You mentioned it in your last stream.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Whats all this talk about hard boingy things dipped deep in honey...?

aris_drives_1.jpg
    aris_drives_2.jpg

Thanks for the channel. A nice touch..

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Guidofoc likes this.
  9. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

I think it was about the vibration and movement of the springs :D

10. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

D.Jankovic and ignission like this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I think I get it.. If you use special lubricating oils and increase the pressure on the shaft then you increase the load from those two frontal round things.. :p

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

13. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

I have a question for @Aristotelis. I was watching your 6h race stream (a shame what happened to you), and when looking at the numberplates on the doors, I couldn´t help wondering why (in your stream)do they have that design instead of the ones we have already in-game? It´s just a silly question.

numberplate.PNG

14. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Not to be negative here, but several times i've said that dsq for speeding in pitlane is a very bad idea, also than a wrong regulation application.

Still i don't understand why we haven't DT penalty in such situations.

Sorry for the Kunos team in the 6h race, s**t happens.
    Good initiative anyway, thanks for the stream Aris.

15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

They have a beta version of the sofware, which, as explained by Aris and Mino, is compatible with our server version.

But very good catch man.

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I’m hoping the experience with the 6hour driver swap issue will increase the priority on looking at resolving this. Now you know how painful a race ending bug there can be.

Given the endurance focus of IGTC driver swap is a very important aspect, I believe a driver isn’t even allowed to do more then about two hours (double stint) in a row in real life

sissydriver likes this.
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

Just a wild guess, but i've got the idea, this is one of the reasons, they participated in it...

sissydriver and Serge M like this.
  18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Likely, good that they saw it first hand, bad that it happened as I would have liked to keep watching

Tobias Queck and sissydriver like this.
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

It will be solved, trust!

Dewald Nel and sissydriver like this.
  20. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks for everyone watching and cheering us on!

Regarding the event, yes, we are taking interest because a) sometimes we deserve some fun and shameless shouting too and b) as Kevin mentioned it, it's an environment we can't test internally, having 50 cars, 150+ clients from all around the world is not something we can artificially prepare and test for, so this looked like a good occasion to see how it would play out with the fixes we have done for the upcoming release.

We had high hopes because a lot of the bug list has been fixed, the car state transfers looked very promising but unfortunately what we experienced was also ending the race for us. I'll remain cautious about promising anything, in the end this is still a feature we don't actively advertise but it'd sure open up great possibilities for organized racing.

Dookie, swigaffu, Guidofoc and 6 others like this.