1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

COMPETIZIONE SRO E-Sport Championship launches 2020 programme

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Apr 10, 2020.

1. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

On Discord, they said in 2-3 days ...

2. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Couple of observations from yesterday's races

- Sound quality and volume levels between the commentators were pretty bad.

- Broadcast hud could be much better. Also the broadcasters didn't seem to know how to use it , silver race wasn't showing time differences between cars etc at all

- No replays

- Some weird looking camera angles and transitions between them

- First lap ghosting looked stupid on the broadcast and it didn't help that the commentators didn't seem to know what was going on.

Overall not the greatest broadcast and some smaller leagues are able to do much better. Solid start but a lot of room for improvement.

3. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Fair enough they are able to teach a 73 year old guy to broadcast from home an eSport event, not even on quarantine I can´t do that with my parents and skype ;)

4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

David Perel's SRO race stream, on its own, was bloody amazing.
    The last 15 laps were fantastic and it felt just like as if it was a race with real cars.

I would just prefer SRO consider two options: free pace lap (without UI), as all the drivers are more than able to keep their starting grid positions during the pace lap, and no 1st lap ghost, because it was chaotic and did not helped at all, quite the opposite.

Other than those two predicaments, the race was fantastic, particularly when following David Perel driving.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

To be fair, these are professional broadcasters trying to make the most of basic equipment like iphones, none of them were prepared for this but did their best under the circumstances. Outside of the quality of one presenter, unfortunately the one with the most distinctive voice, I thought their commentating was on par with their real job and they gave ACC some great plugs during the two races. We should be thanking them and giving them praise so that that they don't forget sim racing once every thing goes back to normal.

I can understand why they did ghosting, people want to see a race, not a pile up. It gives the professional drivers a chance to get used to sim racing, it's really not a big deal. These are early days, there is no need to throw people in at the deep end when they don't have to.

I watched the official stream (well replay) and Jardier. I might go back and watch Davids at some point. There was a lot happening in the races.

chksix, mike reynolds and cooknn like this.
  6. rikirk

rikirk Racer

As mentioned the US counterpart did a much better job with the broadcast and the quality of driving.

Muxi-Mux and Freddie Seng like this.
  7. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The fastest non-Mclaren was only 3 tenths away from P1 in qualy, also the Mclaren drivers are arguably the fastest of the field by default regardless of what car they are driving. It is also a series, not a single event so BOP advantage in one track is one thing, being good overall is another.

We want the stints to be as long as possible so that the BOP has more elements at play. Putting a pitstop in the middle would just favour the hotlapping car at any given track even more.

The US series is using a hybrid method, they are allowing the leader to speed up before the green and they clear the penalties if it results in a penalty, they control jump starts manually. We recommended the free formation start but they held a vote among the players and they still preferred to have the widget on, even with the modified regulation.

Dynamic weather was on, it happened to remain dry.

To paraphrase you, 'clearly' your assumptions are wrong.

8. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Gamer

Absolutely, the US broadcast was fantastic. But the Silverstone Race was just a disappointment and no advertisement for sim racing in general and for ACC specifically. Even alone the ghost lap was a big let down. They should really ask the GT Rivals Organisation how to do it better.

9. Is the free formation lap the one with the pit limiter ? Cause that ones is broken tbh. You can optimise the pace lap and pull away from everyone, or even gain positions. If you lose time to the guy ahead you cant make it back.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Will be interesting to see the AM race and how many Mclarens make the grid, overall the BOP seems ok only the McLaren looked a touch up on single lap pace. Hotlap event would be interesting if it was open car choice and people need to race the car they qualy in, would show how BOP is working with a larger base of more regular drivers.

Isnt a 1 hour race in the real series a sprint round with a 10 minute pit window? is the BOP not done for sprint rounds? Silverstone is an endurance round so it maybe is BOP for that, however not all cars ran sprint and endurance rounds or even at all tracks last season. Did the McLaren even race in the real 2019 Silverstone round so maybe its worth taking another look at the BOP in that case. Surely every aspect can have room for improvement, in the Charity race you put BOP onto the Merc and Porsche at Monza so clearly BOP isn't perfect.;)

Fair enough, just doesn't look great on the broadcast with all those DT popping up at the start.

Not sure which assumptions are wrong, Mclaren was fastest clearly. My assumption that a 1hr SRO race always has a 10 minute pit window, the start in the US race looked bad with all the DT. regarding weather I asked a question so wasnt assuming anything. :p It remained dry, would you care to share the weather settings used on the event? I had massive issues with weather testing for our league round at Silverstone, using all the info provided was giving a very different result so we turned dynamic weather off for the round. Funny that even in this server the race was set for 3pm and it said 3pm in the pit menu but the race started at 11am for no idea what reason.

Free formation is full manual, no speed limit and its up to drivers to set their own positions and pace with no penalties. We use that in our league because the widget one can give penalties when people don't really deserve them. A hybrid system would be good if you could use full manual formation, server sets a max speed just for the main straight. Penalising people for going too fast before green or being out of position, the widget thing is ok for a public server but a bit odd in a more serious race. The one with the limiter you can enable in a server, possibly only a private server but it was worse then the newer method.

rikirk likes this.
  11. Hind Sigh

Hind Sigh Rookie

I agree mate it took me a while to figure out the hows and whens too..joining discord for questions and support regarding AM qualify is in the regulations, but they never said anything about finding the info to join servers on discord. However they do state in the reg. "Once the process has been completed successfully and the hotlap server are open, the driver will receive an email with all the details needed to join the competition" which is not the case...All i had was an email that my registration and validation is complete reminding me the official servers are open on 26th april and close 10th of may. So in that area the communication was not lacking, but it was simply not very clear. But all in all thats just a minor flaw, if a flaw at all tbh. Just a bit effort figuring it out, more than we lazy sim racers would like :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Rogue Leader and Ignacio Prieto like this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Not ACC, iRacing, but the virtual Indycar series is an interesting watch. Indycar have done a good job with this, they have the usual commentary team and are trying to include as many elements of the real series as possible. The drivers seem to be taking it increasingly seriously.

Watched the COTA round this morning, mainly because of Norris tbh, and was genuinely impressed. It was nice hear the commentary team talking about the detail of sim racing also, the different gear the drivers were using, from basic stuff to DD wheels and motion rigs. I enjoy sim racing but quite often find watching others difficult for many reasons talked about in this thread, Indycar seem to be in the process of making sim racing real... almost.

Several drivers seemed to have problems with the COTA kerbs, not sure if that’s a known iRacing issue.

Guidofoc, Freddie Seng and martcerv like this.
  13. pastranario

pastranario Racer

I put together a post regarding the ghost of the first round, when it began to receive criticism it was closed. We are many who are disappointed that pro or semi drivers have that advantage, it loses the essence of a race and turns into a show. We were many before this situation we stopped seeing the event. Hopefully they have received the amount of criticism.

14. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I watched the race from Perels stream and it was awesome! We got to see a Dave Bomb move as well.
    I hope someone can build a broadcaster interface with camera and replay PiP interface for future broadcasts. TV cameras placed and saved by the broadcasters to provide good views of the action.
    Aris once said that the camera system in ACC isn't good enough but there has been no time to fix it yet.

rikirk and RWa like this.
  15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

@pankykapus Gergo, first of all thank you for being behind these events, they must put all of you guys under big pressure. People posting on this forum are 99.9% fans of ACC who really want it to shine. Like me. We love ACC even when it's not perfect, but we would like the "non-simracing" viewers to appreciate the show the same way they would with a televised real world race. Especially when people like Charles Leclerc or Jenson Button give ACC a great exposure.

In the last few days I have watched the Redline Motorsports ACC 12H of Suzuka, iRacing Indy COTA race, your SRO esports race at Silverstone and the SRO GT Rivals American race at Misano.

Overall the iRacing event was the best in my opinion, but that was to be expected as this is what they have been doing for many years now. I particularly appreciated their TV cameras which have that natural delayed movement and give the feeling of real TV cameras. Not to mention the overlays, the commentators etc. Even if the graphics engine of iRacing is dated, they were able to offer a very good show to the normal people who watch Indy.

iRacing aside, I have to say big kudos to @redlinemotorsport.co.uk for how professionally they run and broadcast the 12H of Suzuka. 2 teams of commentators taking turns, car spotter overlay running at the bottom of the screen, customized front splitter and extractor cameras for each car, two different broadcast PCs which allowed to show two different cameras at once on the screen, replays showed mostly in a timely manner, cameras always right there for the action, and I could go on. In general they gave me the feeling that the event was thoroughly organized. They made ACC shine. Ok, Redline Motorsport do this on a regular basis. Yes, probably for free, too. Well, they know how to broadcast a race.

Compared to the Redline Motorsports event, the SRO events looked both quite a bit less polished. Cameras switching between cars sometimes got lost and we watched random cars. In-car cameras used with no specific purpose. They didn't seem to know how to use the different timing options on the left of the screen (hey, there is a real time option where you can see if the car in front of someone is fighting for position! Also, press that Ins key to show the gaps!). When a crash happened somewhere on the screen they never focused the camera on that crash, it seemed like they didn't know how to do that. Also, they need to learn that they can use replays and we need replays when we miss some action. I mean, in the SRO esports races we missed the main overtakes for the leading positions and critically in the second race the crashes that involved the 2 McLarens at the front and even more important the crash that involved Hosseini. It's a couple of things that don't require months of training or superhuman skills but make all the difference. I appreciate that the commentators were good but the rest of the broadcast showed ignorance on even the basic capabilities of ACC. Leclerc's livery was awesome but maybe more time spent on preparing the broadcasting would have served you better. EDIT: also, the client had a couple of instance where it clearly slowed down and we saw cars flying.

I mean, besides Redline Motorsports there are perfectly good ACC streams run by 1 guy only, like @MrGit@Twitch and Actrollvision (also on Twitch). Now, expecting the SRO stream to be at least on par with those does not seem an excessive request.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  16. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Official press release from Bentley: https://www.bentleymedia.com/en/newsitem/1095

bondyboy and theivansk like this.
  17. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

18. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

19. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I am in, for sure, just to have fun.

Btw, anyone have "Fetching Server List" error problem? Can't see any servers. ( No, it's not my net, worked from beta correctly )

20. Hind Sigh

Hind Sigh Rookie

yeah it happens sometimes as of late, usually going out of the multiplayer screen and back in sometimes fixes it. also check at the bottom if you have the green dot and connected status as opposed to the yellow dot and connecting status, if its the latter just wait until you are connected, if that takes too long, just exit game, restart see if it helps. I have not been experiencing many issues with it lately but occassionally yes it happens, no biggie

mister dog likes this.