1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. allr_

allr_ Rookie

Hey guys! If a man won official competition race (3/6 server) by killing the leader on last lap (kicking leader's butt on full accelerate after corners exit and leader spinned and crashed to the wall.). Can I make a contestation of this situation? IF man is guilty by 100%. And to whom may I complain? Thanks in advance.

David Danser likes this.
  2. Sadly, you can't unless a dev sees your post. Try DMing them

3. allr_

allr_ Rookie

4. First things first:
    I'll ignore all biased comments in your video because it's just that. Biased.

To the incident only:
    You lost the car at the exit of Lesmo 2 because your own fault. And he was very close behind. He might be a bit slow on reaction but for me it doesn't look intentionally. You also mentioned he was struggeling with his car. So maybe he had to fight with the own car at this moment as well.

Also there is no evidence in the video for your claim you've caught your car quickly.

So I'd say racing incident.

Rema84, jaxx_za, Turk and 12 others like this.
  5. pons

pons Simracer

You lost it and he was already on full throttle to accelerate out of the corner. Not much he could do in my eyes.

Rema84, trutya, David Danser and 3 others like this.
  6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@allr_ at 2:04 I see you losing the car, going wide onto the grass. He was right behind you. Due to the slide you lost speed and he couldn't do anything to avoid contact. He even went off throttle (@2:44)
    Very sad outcome for you but you lost the car coming out of Lesmo 2.
    Nothing to complain about the other driver.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Rema84, Turk, David Danser and 2 others like this.
  7. mystek

mystek Racer

He released throttle to slow down, maybe he should use brakes. We dont know what would happen "if". Imo he didnt do it intentionally like Midnight said.

After_Midnight and AndyK70 like this.
  8. allr_

allr_ Rookie

Hi, man! Thanks. You're helping me not for the first time :))

Look at my gas and my wheel position when a little spin was. I usually do the same things in Lesmo 2th. Its just as simple as that.

9. allr_

allr_ Rookie

Not 'maybe' man. He must did. In 1st Lesmo he did. In 100-200-1000 Lesmos he did. That's it.

No. I didn't. See carefully the speed'o'meter. Full gas. No speed slowing. In prev Lesmo I lost my speed the same.

Lost and fully caught in 0.3 sec. It's mine err. Not him. I dont think it is error. My car setup is for doing the same things in Lesmo 1,2. I almost do it every lap.
    Ok. man. Your logic: I'm to find a little bit slower driver. Catch him back, exit on full gas and contact him. Because he make corners slower than me.
    B = Brake. B = Brain.

For me guys he 70/30 made it on emotions, inventionally. Because he had motif. He lost his position. He attacked very agressively. He led 22 laps and *ucked up with fuel and something else.
    But I'm not complaining that he made it 100% on purpose, guys.
    His main fault is that he kept silence and said nothing.
    For me it's called a 'booring'.
    And it's just my opinion, only mine.

10. To be fair, the edit is good. From the initial text explaining the race, to the camera work, the music... If you just remember that accidents sometimes happens (you can see he lifts the throttle trying to not hit you), I would greatly watch another video of yours

11. Pandora

Pandora Gamer

You were ~15kph slower than him, lost your car and he lifted. Obvious racing incident.

After_Midnight and AndyK70 like this.
  12. allr_

allr_ Rookie

1st lesmo. Same situation. No problem.
    2nd lesmo. If I didn't lose her he would do the same. Motif. No brain. No brake. No excuses.

13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Dude, 1st lesmo was NOT the same situation, you didn't make a mistake.

2nd lesmo, he did NOT do the same, he lifted, because you made a mistake.

14. xefke

xefke Gamer

I do not want to step on anyone's toes here, but I see some people posting incidents here asking others to weigh in on it.
    Then the people decide whether or not the incident was one or the other person's fault or just a racing incident, yet then they start complaining on the result.
    Don't post something here if you don't want an objective view. If you only want to view it subjectively, there is no reason to ask people their opinion, as you made up your mind already.

Post > read opinions > accept > live on (and try to learn from it)

donShere, Hagen, Rema84 and 13 others like this.
  15. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I agree with the others, it was a race incident brought on by you losing time going off track.
    You can clearly see that you go into the dirt and lose it, however I do believe that you could have saved it if no one else was there.
    But, he was there, and so close there was no time to react.

At the moment you lose grip, he wouldn't have known where you were going to end up, you could have gone into the barrier on the right, spun it, or saved it, so the following car has to make a choice VERY quickly. He could overtake on your right (like you did to him) or hope you go to the right and overtake on your left, or he could come off the gas or apply the brake. His choice was to keep to his race line and hope you do go to the right (which it appeared you were going to d0). It didn't work out.

Look at the positioning. When he went off track you were about a full length behind him so had chance to react and pick your line to overtake. When you went off track he was about 3 foot behind your car and no time at all to think or react.

Rema84, Winston, Turk and 5 others like this.
  16. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

The exit of Lesmo2 is also a very delicate part, because you use a lot of curb there. You can not just swerve to the right, you are happy, when you keep the car stable on full throttle, at least I do ;)

17. David Danser

David Danser Racer

No intention here, just bad luck that you lost it when he was already accelerating. Dont see how he could have braked on time. He had to react so quickly, he tried to lift even.
    So this was just a racing accident.
    I can understand that you are angry because you could have won, but in the end it was your own mistake that started it all.

18. Turk

Turk Alien

Unfortunate for you Alex, but it's clearly a racing incident and there was nothing more the other car could have done to avoid the accident. He caught you just at the wrong time while you were recovering traction from the slide, if it happened 0.05 of a second later, or you had full traction without the slide, it probably wouldn't have caused you to spin. Anything more than a lift at that point for the other car could have caused him to spin.

Bottom line is you made the mistake which caused the accident. You didn't do anything wrong, it was just unfortunate. **** happens.

19. GONKO

GONKO Racer

The second placed driver couldn't have reacted on time for this. Coming out of lesmo 2 the car is already on a knife edge. Both of you were on the limit and you both had nowhere to go.

David Danser likes this.
  20. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Well. I will leave this one here, battle for 1st and the car behind forgets there is an upcoming braking zone so takes advantage by nudging me off.