1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agree, but what is the most important, position or lap time
    Agreed.
    Don't agree, the Bentley turned left into the Ferrari, looks like there was enough room on the outside for the Bentley, I think both could have made the corner, if the Bentley left more room for the Ferrari.
    The Bentley moved left closing the gap, to have a better entry into the corner.

My opinion.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    mystek, After_Midnight and lionbest like this.
  2. It's been a lot since I drived for the last time Misano, I didn't remember that corner. If you're right, then Ferrari 100%

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

The "way to take the turn",... would be very limited when there is a car beside you.

4. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Except I turned in before there was a car there

AndyK70, lionbest and After_Midnight like this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

1st and for most, do not take my comments personally, that's why we use car manufactures :)

Agreed, you, sorry, the Bentley:), started to turn in before the Ferrari was beside you, but then as the Ferrari got up beside you, continued to turn left until you traded paint with said Ferrari.

I've had to make an abrupt change in trajectory a number of times, just to avoid hitting a car that some how got up beside me entering a corner, AI even does it.

Now could the Ferrari have been able to brake and leave room for you on the outside, now that's a whole other issue, and I guess we will never know.

In my opinion.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  6. I don't think the Ferrari was able to stay at the inside. Even without the Bentley. The Ferrari overshoot the apex a lot.

AndyK70 likes this.
  7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Ya, but there was contact before the apex, which makes it unknown from that point on.

The Ferrari actually early apexed, but was now going sideways because of the Collison.

8. mystek

mystek Racer

Even if Ferrari overshoot the apex Bentley IMO should look at mirror when he started to brake and probably he would see fast oncoming Ferrari, then not steer to left, just stay on front wheels. Ferrari would overshoot corner and Bent could continue driving. Just take late apex. Again watch this movie and situation from 2:59. Lex is Bentley, Ferrari is... Ferrari :p. I hit my brakes (in Lex) and saw he is attacking and that's I didn't turn left, just wait when he overtake me. Of course in situation from my movie Ferrari stayed before Lexus (I lost position, but stay in race), but in situation with Bentley and Ferrari I'm sure Ferrari would overshoot corner, and Bentley probably would stay on his position.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  9. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Before the braking, all the responsability is on the Ferrari, he chose to dive. After that he is just a passenger and the Bentley had the opportunity to avoid it by take a wide line, he litteraly turned into him.

The problem with that is that if forces you to defend even when there is no opportunity because otherwise the guy behind will always try something silly and then you have to work out how to avoid it (and they'll think they're Verstappen by doing risky moves and going away with it).

What should happens in the best world ever
    1) Ferrari dives
    2) Bentley goes wide, everyone is ok
    3) Ferrari must give position back for dangerous driving or something else

Here the Bentley has to do the "least bad" decision, and the best solution is to avoid collision, it's sh*t and you loose a place but you avoid contact.

10. mystek

mystek Racer

#Cirith - no more to add.

11. GTR2Legend

GTR2Legend Rookie

Whose fault?

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Not the Ferrari, the other car made contact 1st, when the Ferrari was well up un the curb.

You really can't steer very well with a car rubbing up against you.

13. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Aston didn't give enough room, maybe because he messed up the chicane entry and jumped over the curb. Rest is a chain reaction, would not blame the Ferrari.

14. mystek

mystek Racer

GTR2 - imo 50/50, Aston jumped on first kerb (he definetily wanted leave space for Ferrari, but jump closed him to Ferrari), next Ferrari jumped on second kerb (he didnt want to as well imo) and it was too close. It made contact between them. Race incident imo.

15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

The Aston didn't leave enough room for the Ferrari,which still was alongside, when going into right turn.
    Ferrari was forced over the sausage curb and lost control.
    If someone is to blame then I would go for the Aston, but I'd prefer to call this a racing incident.

16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Actually looking at it again, it looks to me that the Aston contacted the Ferrari, BEFORE the Ferrari hit the curb, so %100 on the Aston.

As I stated, you can't drive very well with a car rubbing up against you.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    AndyK70 likes this.
  17. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

watching at different speed I agree with what mystek said the Aston hit the first chicane curb which may have unsettled the car and bounced to far over into the Ferrari. it looks like the Aston tried to give space as did the Ferrari. Just a racing incident....but can we talk about the Green Ferrari in the back ground completely missing his brake point and side swiping that other car :eek:

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, you are correct, I didn't start looking closely, early enough, Aston hits the curb, Aston hits Ferrari.

It still boils down to the fact that the Aston hit the Ferrari, for what ever reason, is irrelevant.

19. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Is no one seeing the murder happening at the back of the helicopter shot ? :D That green McLaren is crazy

After_Midnight and AndyK70 like this.
  20. GTR2Legend

GTR2Legend Rookie

Thanks everyone, I was the Ferrari so pretty happy with that then, thankfully I lost very little time, and yes I only say the death from the Rinaldi Ferrari in the replay afterwards!