1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. mystek

mystek Racer

Today I have found another idiot in this game. I contact him when he was blue flagged (he overslowed so much in corner, see on replay, I didn't expect that, my fault anyway, I know) and after 1 or 2 laps later I saw him on drivers table, that he is driving very slow, I knew he is waiting for me. Typical divebomber who is fapping when he take revenge :))

I know I fu...d up a little, but it's very often in this game, sometimes I hit someone, sometimes someone hits me, normal. The stupidest thing is what is going happen later, there are 3 options:

A) hitted driver disconnects from server/go to repair and continue race,
    B) hitted driver insult on chat,
    C) hitted driver lost 5-10mins to take revenge,

Anyway. In 0:24 I gave back position to him, because I thought I overtook him when I cut, didn't see he is on blue flag. 1:50 - I knew he will divebomb me, but I had option - be hitted (like it happens) or cut chicane and take DT, and later even if he would not get me after this chicane, he will still hunt me during race. Sh.t situation :). Replay:

After this "incident" he wrote: "paybacks a ***** innit"

2. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

It is your fault indeed, but I can't believe there are so many drivers like this one out there. Check out this post, I'm complaining about the very same thing:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...en-in-competitive-servers.64209/#post-1134389

People taking revenge is something which is becoming more and more common unfortunately. Come on guys, accidents happen all the time, there is no need for this kind of behaviour.

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I don't race on MP for these reasons, but if you guys accidently bump somebody, and then let them repass, doesn't this eliminate these events, or is it just some people are idiots, and there is no cure for idiots.

In @mystek's case, slowing in a corner to let some one pass, is NOT smart, but maybe even looking for trouble.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  4. This ^^

5. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

yes i agree there are way more f u's and idiots thrown around in the chat than good race/that was fun/ good move/. ACC is the first sim where I enjoy playing online last time was when GTR2 was popular. mostly everyone would say hi when joining the server and say good luck and sorry. I see very little of that now sadly

6. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Id actually prefer if they disabled chat and just requested to report someone also add option to friend good racers. Surely if there is a load of reports going on about specific racers someone could look into it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

chksix likes this.
  7. mystek

mystek Racer

Yep, chat in this game is actually dead except insults, someone say "GLHF" and that's it. But problem is in how race/server is built. Before race there is no time to talk, u have to go on quali to do your best lap. During race there is no time to chat of course and after race server restarts very fast, some players (me as well) don't want to race same track (Monza is so popular, too popular in this game, I know I can change it, but when I have 50% of every track still "Quick Join" send me in 50% to Monza and 50% are rest of tracks in game). Maybe servers should have "random track"? Admin of server could setup what tracks he would like to have on his server and after every race track should change? Now I see there are lot of "ACC Belgium....xxxx (name of track)" servers. Why they cannot have server "ACC Belgium xxxx (name of TRACKS)".

8. I'd like to have some configurable quick messages for the chat ;)

AndyK70, f1200racer and f.e.negroni like this.
  9. Knowing how to say **** you in 10 languages will finally be usefull

mystek and After_Midnight like this.
  10. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

11. David Danser

David Danser Racer

Snoeipaard, AndyK70, slatanek and 3 others like this.
  12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I don't know guys, the Bentley was beside the Ferrari, but the Ferrari still kept coming across, and therefore, didn't leave room.

This is an example of what Dive bombing, ala F1 Rickie used to mean, before it became to mean some one with the intent of simply running into some one. .

Edit: Maybe the Ferrari should have been watching his mirrors, and move earlier to protect the inside, I do that even with AI :)

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  13. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

Yes I agree the Ferrari was too far back to make that stick. Bentley turned a bit early as well. I think this is where some patience on the Ferrari and better race craft knowledge by the Bentley would have changed the outcome. The Ferrari played his hand early and showed his intent the whole time as the Bentley moved over to the right. If it were me I would have held my line in the middle of the track to cover off any attempt for a pass on the inside. Yes it would compromise my line but it would show "hey don't try here". Question is would the Ferrari have still tried the inside or try an outside pass.

AndyK70 and David Danser like this.
  14. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

So after a few answers I will say I was the Bentley, and I kept my self close to the middle of the track to show I would defend the inside. At that point I didn't think he would send it, but I should've know better since he tried a crazy overtake in one of the fast right handers after the long straight.
    There was no way he could've done the turn at that angle unless I disappeared from track.
    He got to 1 or 2 seconds of me in the end and crashed me into oblivion in the last corner of the race, saying it's the same I did to him.

If only this game banned people like this...

baboon, AndyK70, slatanek and 4 others like this.
  15. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I don't think the Bentley turned in too early.

There's different ways to take the turn, that's just one of them.

Ferrari 100%

Snoeipaard, AndyK70, slatanek and 2 others like this.
  16. mystek

mystek Racer

Imo Ferrari's fault but Bentley should went more inside to show him he would defend. Bent took middle-outside lane when should take middle-inside. 1 car width to left and Ferrari would brake earlier

LATE4APEX likes this.
  17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed, you don't sorta protect the inside, you either do it, or don't, half protecting only invites what happened.

18. lionbest

lionbest Racer

@LATE4APEX Don't agree because if you start defending when someone is too far back, you just lose massive amounts of time.

Of course it's not clear cut when should you start defending.

Looking at the overhead camera, the Ferrari had plenty of space to the left so they could've turned left as well if need be. The hit comes almost at the rear of the Bentley. Still Ferrari to blame, in my opinion.