1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Not brake, go off throttle (in case the spun car does something unpredictable) and move over early enough so cars behind can see the hazard. Even watching the video I had problems to react to the situation.

IRL the driver of the spun car has good chances to die, getting T-boned at 210kph.

2. ManWithAGun

ManWithAGun Rookie

I was in mclaren. Car in the middle of the track had incident, at start of the video you can see.
    The question was -
    Is this behavour unaccepteble(in simracing, again, not irl) or can be used for fighting? I mean - close poopnent view to gain advantage( not force him to crash like in vid)

3. Felge Schneider

In the given case, completely unacceptable.
    Obscuring opponents sight is not forbidden per se, but I can't come up with a situation, where you would gain an advantage without provoking a crash. (Weaving is also forbidden)

Its a sim, not GTA, so you should always ask yourself, "Would this be fine IRL?"

4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Thanks, YMMD
    [​IMG]

btt: moving earlier would have helped the Merc, no doubt but was it unacceptable what the McL did? No
    Yellow flags, you should be aware there is something happening, maybe an obstacle on the track. Following the McL with that short distance without having oversight what's in front is ignoring this.
    I wouldn't blame the McL for acting late.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    slatanek likes this.
  5. I said that because it seems like the wrecked car doen't do anything to avoid the other cars.
    If I end up in the side of the road, I'll try to at least go out of the track until I can rejoin safely.
    I made your day? Ignored

6. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

Reminds me of the accident at the daytona 24hours. same thing sort of happened

7. NotStig

NotStig Rookie

I'm in the Ferrari, was wondering if any of us would have crashed at the contact who would have been at fault?
    Maybe I should have gone deeper and be more along side him?

8. He turned into you, and you had the inside. You did nothing wrong here

9. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

Imo if I was a race Stewart that move was late and optimistic you are too far back at least two car lengths. If you were closer to the other driver you probably could have made it stick. I don't think the 720 thought you we going to close that fast checked his mirror and focused on the apex as he started turning as you pulled up along side. Edit (it was rear tire against front tire not far enough along the inside to claim the corner)

However there is another argument to be made. You looked surprised that the 720 started brake so much sooner than you. You really had no other option to go up the inside or plow right into the back of him. question is would you have made the apex at that speed? You would have to hear both sides of the story to make a judgement call

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  10. NotStig

NotStig Rookie

Yeah he took me by surprise by braking early, I would have definitely made the corner if given enough room.

The thing about front tire to rear tire contact made me think it might be seen as my fault even though he turned into me, if I would have commited more to the corner then I think I would have no fault if a crash would happen seeing as how soon he turned for the corner.

11. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

I would say the 720s is a non-radar user.

AndyK70 and mystek like this.
  12. Felge Schneider

Seems more like an evading move from you because of the others early braking.
    If not, it would have been a fishy move, because you moved under braking instead of claiming the inner line earlier.

Still, not your fault I'd say. But it seems like nothing severe happened, right?

13. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Gamer

"Is this behavour unaccepteble(in simracing, again, not irl) or can be used for fighting? I mean - close poopnent view to gain advantage( not force him to crash like in vid)"

Take fun,give fun...Cant belive that you realy want this situation,very bad i think so.

14. Even given the fact the Mclaren was too early at the brakes I would blame you partly as well. You were still in the middle of the track instead going far more to the right side.
    Also your turn in seems a bit too late with the knowledge having the McLaren at the outside.

slatanek likes this.
  15. mystek

mystek Racer

#NotStig - today at Spa I had nice racing on multiplayer (in Lexus) and many times I had to use mirrors and radar as well to avoid crashes. First at 0:40 (very aggresive play by Ferrari), next 3:02 (almost same like before), 5:41 (Ferrari overslowed his car, I had to tap brake again), 6:53 (had to take inner line to avoid crash with attacking Aston), 7:40 (outer line this time), 9:10 (good behavior of Aston driver - he left me enough space) and 10:20 this is exactly same situation like u had with McLaren, but I saw mirrors and radar. Actually all movie is good example of proper racing I think. Good examples of avoiding contacts with others.

AndyK70 and f1200racer like this.
  16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I saw the car not moving may due to the issue the engine wasn't running anymore and he had to restart it, while the incident happened. Or he wanted to rejoin the track, but didn't move (forward) to let all the cars pass by before joining back and in this stressful situation he wasn't having the good idea of backing up out of the track completely.

Nevertheless I saw your comment as making a joke, referring to a part of the original post that wasn't meant to be the point of the post. And I found it hilariously funny, tbh. :)
    Didn't want to upset you, it was a misunderstanding.

17. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

There's literally nothing to see here. No one's at fault. (and yet it's funny as hell cause the lack of awareness )

Now to people that say the McLarens behavior was unnaceptable cause irl this would have been dangerous - welcome to the sim world. U cannot bash the McLaren driver while not mentioning the other guy not slowing for yellow flags - irl he would have to. So it's either no blame cause it's just a video game and both drivers behaved like it (my opininon) or the McLarens avoidance was unacceptable AND the guy behind him didn't slow down for yellow flags and that's also unacceptable.

Video game incident.

AndyK70 and Chris 576 like this.
  18. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

The lead car should have been aware as this is a multiple line corner where lots dive up the inside given the chance (myself included)
    The chase car has to tighten his turn (the downside of passing there) as he can't drift out.

Racing incident.

19. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

This was entirely your fault. I don't mind the dive bomb, but if u dive bomb it's entirely on u to make it stick and make it clean. U cannot expect the other driver to have lighting fast reaction times at the very moment he's focused on hitting the apex. U could have stick your nose out before the braking zone to let him know u might be trying to make a pass.

20. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

I agree maybe the car stalled or...........One thing they teach you in Racing school. If you have lost control of your car lock the Brakes don't let the car be unpredictable and/or roll back onto the track. When rejoining the track ensure its clear remain stationary if other cars are in the area its their job to follow the flags marshals and be prepared to slow down. Unpredictable maneuvers can have serious consequences.

as the OP said the car just wrecked ahead of them which was true. I watched it a few times one thing I didn't see were any yellow flags until right at the wrecked car (which makes sense as that car was past that marshal station and that was their section to take care of) There was definitely lots of time to move out of the way of that stationary car 4-5 seconds worth of time(counted just after the apex of the corner). If that were me I would have been far left as I could to avoid that car because you don't know what that person is going to do

All to often in sim Racing I see people not caring there is a yellow flag (or don't know the rules). I see people spinning and rolling right across the racing line taking out everyone while they are at it or doing donuts to get right back into the action without caring for who else they take out. I know not everyone has taken a racing school to learn these sort of things. I still enjoy online racing it would be lot more so with some common courtesy. That wrecked 720 didn't do anything wrong.

AndyK70 likes this.