1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Driving Technique Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Karsten Beoulve, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Different cars for sure. Each season from the league I'm in I pick different cars, different cars for endurance events, random cars when playing online, different cars for events. Could never play one car only, it's more fun to drive different cars.

2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I would like to change the cars regularly, but unfortunately I do not have enough time. When I can drive, I prefer to take my now familiar Audi Evo and drive it.

3. I want to drive the Beemer but I am so bad with that car. It is really stressful. So I just hop from car to car changing setups and just making it worse. From what I've read on forums I'm not the only one.

4. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

I use only one car. I’ve drive SLS in original unmoded AC a lot and when I’ve jumped into ACC last year then I’ve chosen Mercedes again. Never tried other car than when I’ve tried my friends new steering wheel at his PC, but it was just for few laps.

Personally I just like Mercedes brand and want to know how every bolt react in my car and then push the limits of the car.

mystek and P308R like this.
  5. dek

dek Racer

I often switch cars but I mostly stay with base aggressive and adjust my driving to each one.
    There is a slight bias to front engine cars because the fit my driving style but I also like the others.

My favourite is the old V12 Aston because it's so raw.:p

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@sparkmastertape - try setup from suzuka 12h for the bmw, had problems with the big boy too, but with this setup it was much easier and more fun for me, maybe its worth a try for you

$parkmastertape likes this.
  7. David Danser

David Danser Racer

I stick to the Ferrari for now, been trying the Aston in the beginning, pretty easy to drive but hard for me to be really competitive in it.
    I am used to the Ferrari now, might change later and stick to that car, but I feel it is better to stick to one car for a while.

8. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

I chopped and changed a bit on single player - R8 for a the first season of the career, then AMG for the 2nd. Then I did a 2019 Sprint Championship in the Huracan.

In the back of my mind was the fact that I'd driven the 911 GT3 R a lot in AC (note: not the RSR) and whilst I wasn't winning (online) races, I liked the car and had a certain affinity with it (that may have been helped by a drive of a 991.1 GT3 RS road car IRL :D). So I decided to stick with the 911 (2019 991 GT3 R), and get better with. I've currently got to the level of 'not terrible' :p

Edit: sometimes it's a bit silly with the choosing of cars - for instance if you really want to win at Monza, you have to choose an AMG...

9. I drive often the Porsche, but time to time I try others.
    I had lot of fun with the Reiter (2018) on Monza, very fast on straight.
    Ferrari is the moment car.

10. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Pretty much only the lexus because it's so stable, you almost can't make mistakes with it. :D Every time I try a non front engine car I feel too much oversteer and I can't be confident.

mystek likes this.
  11. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

I prefer to stick to one car and for ACC, when it lands on PS4, that will be the Bentley. First the 2015 one maybe when Bentley approuves I am good enough, they allow me the upgrade :oops:

I'll only switch cars if I really need to (special events, hotlaps etc).

12. mitchgixer6

mitchgixer6 Gamer

I was about to ask about the Reiter. Tried it the other week and it just seemed to understeer so bad it was un drivable for me. I was wondering if that was why no one ever seems to use it. Did you find this when driving it?

I feel the same with the Ferrari. Very easily goes into bad understeer for me and then just ploughs on without turning.

For me the preferred cars are the front engined, AMG, Bentley are the favourites just now, although it takes adjustment jumping back into the Bentley and the RHD (even though I drive RHD irl!). I do like the Mclaren and Audi every now and again though for a change.

13. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I run my own custom championships of 30 minute races (including practice and quali) with 12 cars of the 2019 season across all 15 tracks, so that's 180 races. I've barely done 20 so far and 160 still to go (hopefully before the GT4's drop) so I race pretty much every car in every track....Did the same for the 2018 season. :D

sissydriver and mystek like this.
  14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

The REX was very alive before last physics update. Since the physics update it's just endless understeer and you have to increase rake a lot to get any rotation out of it. Increase the rear to around 80mm, leave the front as low as possible.
    I seriously think something might've broken the car with the update, the behavior went from one extreme to the other. First you had to tone down the car to make it less dangerous to drive, now it's so safe it feels dead.

mitchgixer6 likes this.
  15. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I tried an online race on the bmw at Spa earlier. It feels aweful and is slow.
    It can be smooth and assured but it's not at all competitive on that track anyway.

16. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Spa is actually one of the few tracks it's competitive on xD

17. mystek

mystek Racer

I started this game with Honda NSX in Career mode. Played 31%. Read about NSX that is one of the slowest car in game and... changed it for Nissan. Tried it on Monza online games. My PB 1:51 but usually 1:52. Driving nice but hated his slow corner exits (high torque at one moment, not linear, that was my feeling those days). Changed it to Lexus (when GTR made 1:51 I could get 1:49 those days with Lexus, at my start of ACC game actually) and I'm playing only Lexus since 5-6 months. Really like this car, linear power (N/A engine), great V8 sound (specially on downshifts during braking), feeling of this car is awesome (like Cirith Ungol said before - you cannot made mistake with this car), maybe not best car for hot laps but really competitive during race because of his permanence with lap times (for example I had many races when I meet guys in Ferrari, they were little bit faster than me but 50/50 chance that it gonna spin or make other mistake). I preffer understeery cars when I can change it to oversteer beasts, don't like other way - oversteer at base changing to more understeer.

I don't have time to change and taste other cars, but generaly I love Japanese cars, so if not Lexus I would like back again to Nissan, try Honda maybe and Ferrari. I don't like German cars IRL

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I drive porsche mostly, maybe mercedes sometimes when i just want to powerslide.

19. Rema84

Rema84 Gamer

IMG_20200519_204617.jpg IMG_20200519_164022.jpg Mostly I take the 2019 Porsche. Sometimes Ferrari

Arlo likes this.
  20. Arlo

Arlo Racer

My Nissan GT-R :)

Attached Files: