1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 179 – Praga Seca

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, May 16, 2020.

1. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Goshdarnit, I've been having a lot of fun in this car, and managed to drag it into the 24s (barely, but with a few more tenths on the table). It's ridiculously well behaved, especially after some of the recent handfuls! :)
    While snipping the pic to post a time, I suddenly realised the track temperature was 28, which didn't make sense until I saw the air temp was 20. Boo :(
    So I might not be getting into the 24s after all... lol. Will try again tomorrow!

2. krambulle

krambulle Gamer

I signed up for an account on the forum just to say thanks to you for these Weekly Hotlap Challanges.

I’m completely fresh into Simracing and haven’t owned a wheel for about 15 years - bought some gear from a friend and now have around 10 hours in AC.

In order to benchmark your driving and learn these WHC are awesome - I’ve been going through the back catalogue a bit and your commentary, setup tips and movies are such a great way to learn and grow as a driver.

Praga Seca is a great one as well been having a lot of fun with this one. I only have about 35 laps and only managed a high .27 so far but I will be back at it again. There is so much more to learn - I mainly need to get more consistent, probably have about a second if I could just link a good complete lap together.

...and watching your clips I brake way to much! :D

Thanks again guys and keep the WHC’s coming!

3. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

What a battle @Peggy11!

Improvement
    Alexis_RS_MKII
    1:25:701
    PC

whc_179_2.png

You have a last chance. No more time for me to train today... and I am definitely not sure that I can improve it... :D

4. WOW!
    Another fantastic effort @Alexis_RS_MKII !!:D

Touche @Peggy11 !

Riposte?
    There's just 1/100th in it!

-------------------------------------------
    Creative!!
    :D:D
    That buys you until about 4.30pm!
    ;):D:D

5. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Stan Getz
    1:28:522
    PS4

Gonna adjust gear ratio and put TC off

Attached Files:

6. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Riposte

Improvement
    Peggy11
    1:25:559
    PC

Praga.png

@Alexis_RS_MKII what a battle indeed!
    I reckon I could drive around here with my eyes shut I've done so many laps this week. :p

I'm off to sit in a dark room now until 18:00 this evening :cool:

7. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Neilski
    PC
    Gosh, I'm in sooo early this week ;) :p
    Wow, I love this car. Having set the right air temperature I was nervous about how much performance I would lose but it wasn't so bad. I ended up not bothering to reduce the track temperature (clouds) but that might have been the smart move. I also didn't have time to test if ABS or TC actually helped on this car, so I did it without either (brake balance at 58 and brake power right down at 92 but still locking up in lots of places).
    I almost rolled my own set this week - the car was nearly perfect for me on the stock setup, so I decided to just tweak it: super-close gearing, wing at 1, one click more front ARB, and slightly softer front and rear springs (+ brakes as above). After reading the thread, I decided to try a bit more rear camber and that seemed to help.
    I can't say I'm not pleased with this time, but it's a tiny bit frustrating cos I did my usual trick of being spooked by my nice fat green delta, and threw away over two tenths at the final turn. I've since managed to do the final sector 4 tenths quicker than this lap, sheesh, but I'm unable to match the overall laptime... Bit worn out now so that's it for me :D

upload_2020-5-24_15-21-57.png

8. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

9. That's just a beautiful time and timing @Neilski :D

Two tenths you say?
    There's a whole 15 mins to go!;)

Pretend racer, Neilski and P308R like this.
  10. upload_2020-5-24_17-57-6.png
    That’s enough of the heady cocktail, Praga Seca.
    Some hit heady heights, some, a headache.

The chequered flag has dropped!

Just doing the results...

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  11. WHC179 Praga Seca – Results

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 1:23:947 PC

2. Neilski - 1.24.630 PC

3. F1415182235 - 1:24.761 X1

4. Bastian Boillot (P308R) - 1:24:812 PS4
    5. Pretend racer - 1.24.835 PC
    6. LeiF - 1.25.519 PC
    7. Peggy11 - 1:25.559 PC
    8. Alexis_RS_MKII - 1:25:701 PC
    9. Totall Wrytoff - 1.26.660 PS4
    10. Moodyryder - 1.26.890 Ps4
    11. Laughing Gravy - 1.27.462 PS4
    12. Stan Getz - 1:28:522 PS4

Wow! What a competition this week! Really great to see and I found it inspiring.

At the end of the day, @GoodGame.eXistenZ comfortably stands on the top step, having held onto the lead all week. Great work. Referring to a comment from Bastian made next week, the BOP is in fact applied. But in reverse. The less practice you do.... And very helpfully, we all benefit from GoodGame taking the time to do a vid and show us where those few seconds are! Thanks to him and congrats. Another top week!
    Even more excellent, he will be setting the challenge for WHC182!
    @Neilski! Wow! The dark but, this week not late, horse! 2nd Place with a 1.24.6. Brilliant lap! Congrats. Shame you couldn't gather those extra couple of tenths, but still, that's a great lap. Beautiful. Take Monday off!:D
    Third placed man, and no doubt, surprised to be only third, having posted a stella 1.24.7 is @F1415182235 . Pipped at the brake by the late poster? Very good time F1, as usual, congrats on another podium week in the bag!

@P308R! 4th place! In a very, very competitive week. Frankly the thought and effort that went in deserves at least 4th! I went early nominating driver of the week, I think it now has to be split 3 ways. Early in the week @Pretend racer handed out the sound advice and then became concerned. Was the teacher going to end up slower than the pupil? YES!
    But it was great to see the improvement going on.
    The teacher beaten by his pupil can only feel extreme satisfaction at a job well done! I will air my sneaky feeling that Pretend racer had more time, but was too chivalrous to deny a prodigy!:)
    Mid table run from @LeiF this week. At the time of posting, this was a good lap time. Since then things have gone tonto. We all hope the big races go / have gone well this week @LeiF - keep us (your fans) posted!
    @Peggy11! Wow! Some serious climbing up the leader board this week. First time posted was a 1:26:980. Final time posted, a 1:25.559. I'm in full admiration for those that can drive on to better and better results. We all know it's there and available. Great to see @Peggy11, thanks for providing such great entertainment.
    But it takes two to tangle. The intense competition was superbly provided by @Alexis_RS_MKII , who arrived with a 1:26:3, two tenths ahead of Peggy11. Peggy11 improved, Alexis improved, Peggy11 improved, Alexis pipped it...Peggy11 had the final word. As I say, really great entertainment. Watch out for early sandbagging and psychology next week @Alexis_RS_MKII:D
    @moodyryder is struggling with single plane throttle movement only - what is it with hardware at the moment? - so his 1.26.8 is very commendable.
    @Laughing Gravy stirs up a 1.27 lap. Before he posted, I suggested he do a 1.27, as a joke... But he's such an honourable gentleman, it looks like he has extremely kindly done so! I feel cheap!!:)
    @Stan Getz rounds us off, good to see you and just to let everyone else know, congrats on the considerable trophy haul from other titles this week!

Great week!
    Onto @Pretend racer 's excellent taste test, WHC180.

Thank you all for playing, commenting, helping, sweating, inspiring and posting and making it so enjoyable.

@P308R could not have put it any better! Top blokes.:)

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  12. PS:
    Apologies for the slight delay in getting the results up.

13. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Once more a fantastic read and the way you write and motivate, it makes it simply a pleasure to take part in :D

I've done way to many laps on Laguna but indeed it was great fun.

Keep the spirit going :) Absolutely enjoyable!

See you all with a Pepsi Coke o_O

14. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Well done folks - impressed with your efforts! :cool:

Pretend racer, P308R, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  15. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

I really enjoyed this WHC, thanks for the organisation and thanks for the competition everyone

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Delighted to end up 2nd, even if I only just squeaked ahead of the other threesome in the 24s. And as always, I'm in awe of the times our winner has been posting - wow!
    I can't understand why this car doesn't get more airtime - I will be looking out for it on the public servers.

17. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Delay? What delay... A day or more might be a delay worth apologising for - not a mere few minutes ;)
    Keep up the great work dude!

18. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Hey, if nothing else I'm a good soldier. A few laps, mission acomplished, and I was off to answer the Sirens call.

19. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Wow, some amazing times and great improvements made, great job all!

So on Thursday I had a league race in the M3 GT2, 1h at Misano - having practiced only the night before and come in around 4th in the timings, the pre race practice showed a little improvement and then did indeed manage to put it on pole, and was able to drive away with 1st and then engage autopilot to secure the win.

With the easy one out the way, on to the Apex 1000km of Silverstone on Saturday.. :eek:

I had done qualifying on behalf of my team the previous Saturday, which got us into the top split and placed 38/50 on the grid with so many damn aliens in front, I though the invasion was finally happening.
    Then an endurance race happened...
    After 6 hours, 5 visits to the pits, 4 drivers, 3 collisions, 2 warnings and 1 drive through; we finished 28th :)
    Incredible experience! But quite glad to park the McLaren and get back into the AMG, suits me much better, and is certainly more suitable for 4H at Monza coming up this Saturday :D

I learned not to trust the ACC radar, it told me I was clear of a car but then when I moved it turned out they had not dropped back half a car from my bumper but in fact had just warped back and forward and really we still had massive overlap, pit manoeuvre on myself plus drive through for the pleasure. Been testing racing without radar (as I already do in AC); I can survive T1 public Monza so that passes the test, so I won’t be using that again. False positive recorded, safety device therefore no good, has to go in the bin, sorry! Crewcheif just got promoted, Jim doesn’t tell me it’s clear unless he’s really sure :D

Just checked the thread for next week, answered the poll before seeing the cars, scrolled down and yeah I was right I’ll definitely be quicker in the BMW!!

Pretend racer, P308R, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  20. Great to hear @LeiF !
    Wow!
    Very epic and very hectic!
    Thanks for sharing.:)

Pretend racer and LeiF like this.