1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 185 – The Dawn of a new Corsa

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jun 27, 2020.

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

ACC Porsche 911II GT3 Cup
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:37:158

So my first time in this car in ACC - spent 30min for testing and getting used to it. So much fun and Zandvoort looks a lot more accurate in ACC. But the car is so differentr - heavy compared to AC. In terms of driving you can feel they are very much the same of course. :)

[​IMG]
    Video:

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

3. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Bastian Boillot
    1:39:288
    PS4
    1593872538133383657962.jpg

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@P308R - mate, you wrote you are done for this week :p

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

This

6. :D:D:D:D

There's history there!:D;)

7. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

:oops:

Got back to work this week and I didn't think I would find another gap to run but this afternoon I had a bit of spare time so I went for it. :cool:

8. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

Pretty tricky car to get around the track for me, took a bit to get used to. I had to raise the suspension and the bumpstops in order to get all the way around the track. Cool combo though.

Attached Files:

9. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Improvement
    Biner
    1:39.569
    PC
    WHC185AC.png
    Blood, sweat and tears to get a 1/10th sec improvement! Still on meds. What a lovely flow this track has. I don't particularly enjoy the 3rd sector tho! I think I am at the end of the AC laps...break time and then maybe give the ACC another go. (unless Alexis decides to up the ante.....:D). Still puzzling over how to get the softs through a full hotlap without messing up the 3rd sector corners).

10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC
    Neilski
    PC
    I can't make the softs work here either. They feel good for the first few corners (despite the left rear being too hot after T1 or even by the time I get to the start line!) and then... bah.
    Had a low 38 and then tweaked the suspension (bit softer and then pushed the height back up to what was already a bit higher than normal), and managed to drag out a few more tenths.
    Next for ACC :)

upload_2020-7-4_19-48-11.png

11. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Laughing Gravy
    5 laps
    PS4
    [​IMG]
    Nothing more American than spending Independence Day flogging a British car around a French track.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

13. Laughing Gravy

I'm clearly not having a good week.

Totall Wrytoff, P308R and Neilski like this.
  14. Laughing Gravy

Improvement
    AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]

Let's see.
    Correct car? Yes
    Correct thread? Yes
    Improvement? Meh
    I think I may be getting the hang of this.

P308R, Totall Wrytoff, Biner and 2 others like this.
  15. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Improvement
    Biner
    1:39.840
    PC
    WHC185ACC.png
    Objective achieved! A 1:39 laptime in ACC. ACC has such a different feel than AC and one has to spend some time adapting when switching over. The setup parameters will take some time and effort to understand and apply effectively. But now I have the setup process figured out...so that was a good learning right there. Good work all...I applaud those of you in the sub 1:39 postal code in both sims! Takes some special talent to do that.

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

ACC
    Neilski
    PC
    Can't quite get this car to work for me. It just won't turn in. I tried mucking around with the ride height, the wing, the ARBs, still can't get around loads of corners that feel like they should be flat without some kind of lift. Very unlike the feel of the car in AC. I think I was making it worse overall with my setup changes rather than better! o_O
    I also couldn't get over how many things were locked on the setup (e.g. no front aero adjustment, no spring rates).
    Will have to find and watch the videos in the thread now...
    NB: damn, I forgot to play with the toe. Maybe that would have done the trick.
    upload_2020-7-5_0-57-58.png

Biner, P308R, Lewisxbone and 2 others like this.
  17. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

Just getting back into the swing of things after a 2 year hiatus and AC keeps sucking me back in. There's just something about driving those street cars with minimal tuning that floats my boat. While I was gone @GoodGame.eXistenZ decimated the RSR leaderboards so I found him on the YouTubez and picked up a few tips from his driving style. Thanks buddy!:cool:

The Game: AC
    Name: Johnny Penso
    Time - 1:38:083
    My platform: PC
    Porsche GT3 July 4.jpg

18. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Agree 100%. AC2 needs to have more variance with cars, real competitive focus like ACC and the mixed racing aspect of the street cars.
    And your welcome - glad it is helping you :)

Totall Wrytoff and P308R like this.
  19. Welcome (back) @Johnnypenso ! We've been enjoying the benefit of @GoodGame.eXistenZ 's direct assistance for each track for a good many months here!
    And most grateful for it, although sometimes, the target is a little out of reach!:)

Lewisxbone, P308R and Neilski like this.