1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Oxie

Oxie Racer

Moderators, the discussion you just moved in this thread was not about any racing incident, and there was no question about who is at fault. It therefore does not belong in this thread.

AndyK70 and GONKO like this.
  2. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Wow wow. Why was this discussion moved. No incident took place. It was about people quitting races.
    Moderators need to separate these threads.

3. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yes, not the first occasion in the last week or two. Perhaps someone whose first language isn't English has misunderstood the discussion...?

4. Oxie

Oxie Racer

Yeah, I can imagine a hyperactive German moderator going like “I have devised a metric to help me categorise threads. All threads must be categorised. Hm, zere is a new thread, but how to categorise it? Oh it kind of looks like a racecraft discussion, I vill move it there. Perfect! My metric has gone up by 0.27%.”

5. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

So, you chose an, by your own admission, over aggressive and unfair move to overtake a backmarker, who has no obligation and is even expected not to leave the racing line when the blue flag is waved at him?
    This is not Formula 1, but a GT3 race. The faster car has to facilitate a save overtake, where the lapped car's responsibility is to stick to the racing line and not go defensive. If one can't overtake a slower car, maybe it is not really that much slower.
    Sure, the lapped car could have been nice and lifted on a straight to let you pass, but it was absolutely not obliged to do so.

To me it looks like you lost your patience there, forced the AMG to go wide, pinched him a bit, he lost his cool, drove into you and then retaliated.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

aaaaand that was the problem.;)

Snoeipaard and NemethR like this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

Same thing happened to me at the CP race at zolder. I think I qualified 5th. I was on the inside of the guy in 4th coming into T1, so I was being cautious, someone else decides to dive bomb inside me where there was no room and took the entire field out. My car was wrecked, I pitted but came out two laps down basically. I still completed the race but had many instances of dodgy blocking happening. If they had any sense they'd just let me off, I was faster than them and they would lose nothing by letting me past.

8. I hate this behaviour. I feel sad for you for having such hassles.

Snoeipaard and F4celess like this.
  9. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

I think youre mixing up GT4 blue flags rules, with general blue flags. Fia Rules are quite clear on this, its not F1 you wont get a penalty for ignoring blue flags but youre still supposed to let the car pass at the earliest and savest oppoturnity. In the clip you can also see that i make no contact with him while overtaking but he then wont let me pass completly and decides to go for a defending line i didnt expect it and we make contact.

Blue Flag

During the race:
    - The flag should normally be shown to a car about to be lapped, if the driver does not seem to be making full use of his rear-view mirrors. When shown, the driver concerned must allow the following car to pass at the earliest opportunity.
    Source: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/understand-flags-fia-regulation.56314/

chksix and Winston like this.
  10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

But when you got past him and then contact occurred, you weren't on what I recognise as the racing line - the collision at 11 or 12 seconds into your video happens with you way to the left of where I'd be at that point. Not saying that makes it 100% your fault either, but it's a contributory factor.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  11. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I had a race at Spa earlier where I was leading and lapping a back marker. Up the main straight he starts defending and he makes slight contact with me...he then completely side swiped me on purpose taking me out.
    It was a AM driver.....so the chances are they are coming from forza or GTS and can't race for ****.

AndyK70 and Salvatore Amato like this.
  12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

You are splitting hairs now, it's not that complicated , the rules are clear, he should have given way , he had 1 1/2 laps as stated.

chksix, AndyK70 and Snoeipaard like this.
  13. The rules say that if you are slower in pace you cannot defend.
    And it is not like if you are able to defend, you have similar pace.
    At Zandvort then...

Snoeipaard likes this.
  14. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yes of course he should have. That still doesn't make him entirely responsible for the collision. (And who knows - perhaps he thought he was taken out deliberately; his skill appears to be pretty limited so his racing experience may also be.)

Snoeipaard likes this.
  15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I think the blue flagged AMG hitting the passing cars rear quarter after blocking him for a lap and a half and then smashing off the track does make him entirely responsible.

But hey I could be wrong ;)

chksix and Snoeipaard like this.
  16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

On first look I thought the same. Then I realised that the passing car didn't move right the way people normally do on approach to that left hander.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  17. trutya

trutya Simracer

so what? the lapped car was already behind, he should have just lifted and let him go

AndyK70, After_Midnight and Winston like this.
  18. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I cannot believe people are trying to defend the AMG which is a lap down and fighting...still.
    It proves the state of online racing at the moment.
    If I am in the AMG, I move, let the faster car through and continue on.
    The Porsche move was a total divebomb though lol.
    There surely would have been a better opportunity to get past.
    The AMG also could have done a lot more to avoid the contact...he didn't need to fight back going to the left hairpin as he is not gaining a spot.
    AMG is just a **** driver all round who probably farmed the SA to get onto the CP servers. There are a lot of guys on the CP servers that cannot race and cannot be on the limit in traffic. Hotlap queens.

19. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I think maybe this situation is caused by the rules not being clear. I thought I was clear on them, but I'm not anymore after reading this thread :confused:.

I think most of you are right, but it depends on which rule you're basing your conclusions on. And there is the fact some of the rules can be interpreted in different ways.

So, if these two drivers also have a different view on things, I can see how this situation would en up like this. Allthough, if I was the blue flagged car, I would have just let it go.

20. The rules are very simple.
    If the backmarker is going faster, he can go on.
    If he is slower, he has not to oppose.

It is just a basic blue flag rule.
    Plus it considers the fact that, in a 24h, it can happen after eau rouge to meet a car, which is exiting the pits, that is going to be faster due to fresh tires.

In a 1h sprint race in acc, it is just ridiculous to do that...