1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^ Looks like something AI does to me. :)

In real life, my opinion is that the BMW is wrong.

As my experience is, that throttles work both ways.

2. Neilski

Neilski Alien

He's taking the piss, frankly. He drove into your rear wheel... Unbelievable that there could be any debate about blame on that one.
    (Drifting back onto the track from the grass was very unfortunate though.)

Snoeipaard, rdmracer, AndyK70 and 4 others like this.
  3. Spot on. There's nothing more to add :)

Snoeipaard likes this.
  4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@Neilski hitting the nail on the head, no more words necessary.

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. rdmracer

rdmracer Gamer

100% BMW's fault. If it's a private server, you should contact the admins, because this deserves a bloody penalty.

Snoeipaard and After_Midnight like this.
  6. Hi guys,
    like always the typically question: Who's at fault.
    As a short explanation of the video below:
    The first clips should show the generally behaviour of Player XYZ.
    Moving under braking, late moves after I've had mine, unpredictable driving in general. Arcording to the damage of his car our incident was not his first one.

I flashed him once and after I saw the replay, I wrote in the chat: "BTW Player XYZ. F..k you." Because I think he crashed into me on purpose.

Now the Player XYZ contacted me here in the forum.
    Quote:
    "1. You are not allowed to flashing on other cars during the race instead they are GT4 class
    2. You are not allowed to hit someone else just beacuse you are faster
    3. It's not good behaviour to say "**** you" after the race cause you did bad

If you cant stay calm, play on single player. Open MP is full enough of frustrated drivers."
    Quote closed.

So please tell me what do you think? You can skip to 0:56 for the incident only if you like :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    chksix likes this.
  7. Unf

Unf Racer

Just for clarify:

1. There is no moving under braking at all. I keep my line, I don't do any zig-zags etc.
    2. What late moves? Why do you lie?
    3. What does it mean - unpredictable driving?
    4. My car was not damaged, ACC has some problem with textures.

You flashed me way before this accident for no reason. Plus - you were flashing other guys as well - so I can repeat - don't do it on other GT3 cars, even if you are faster.

And at the end for closing debate which is worthless - of course I hit you in purpose - it was last lap, you were flashing, you were close - that's ok but you hit me just after the chicane - you hit me casue you lost legal fight, there is absolutely nothing on my defence that could be called bad.

Of course crashing in purpose is poor - I can admit it, but I hate such behaviour like you are representing - flashing like "go away beacuse KING MIDNIGHT is driving" + again - YOU hit me first for no reason.

8. That BTW is Player XYZ.

chksix and Snoeipaard like this.
  9. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I don't much like it when people pass me and immediately pull in front with 6 inches to spare, then slam on the brakes - not fun to race with people like that.
    The initial contact right after the chicane was a mistake, but it's to be expected in close racing; let's be honest, it was a microscopic contact and didn't - at least in the replay we've just seen - even unsettle the car. So I see no basis for the revenge hit.
    Flashing headlights is bad form though - not a fan of that at all.

10. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Player XYZ, there is never a good reason to hit another car on purpose. Terrible attempt and loser behaviour.

Flashing is OK if your lapping someone. I don't even flash gt4s in normal racing, they are racing too and it's up to me to pass them.
    Why would you flash people in racing. Concentrate on passing and not playing with your lights.

This is proof that people don't understand proper etiquette online and have no idea what they are doing.
    I also don't see player XYZ making erratic moves under braking. But trying to take another car off, what a loser.

11. Unf

Unf Racer

Yes I admitted it - I did it in purpose and this is my only fault.
    Everything else are a lies from @After_Midnight (pathetic video where I move to the inside and brake - wow!!) + flashing.

I have a lesson, I hope he has too.

12. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

"Drivers may not flash their headlights as a warning or indication more than 3 times in successionbetween any two successive corners. Any car reported to have exceeded this number of flashes will be given a warning. A second infraction for any car during the meeting will result in a drive-through penalty. "

It's from 2018. Flashing is not prohibited per se.

Source: https://www.gt-world-challenge-euro...in_GT_Series_2018_Sporting_Regulations_LR.pdf

P.S.: @After_Midnight should be punished for his choice of music though.

stp86, Gerhendolf, chksix and 5 others like this.
  13. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

+1 against moving back on the racing line as soon as the Spotter says clear, hate that kind of manoeuvre with passion.

I will use flashing if the guy in front is doing ridiculous defence manoeuvres only. Not to signal I want to pass. But if I want to pass, my headlights will turn on. To show my intention, but also because I'm pretty sure it gives an extra 5hp.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk

AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  14. About lying:
    "4. My car was not damaged, ACC has some problem with textures."
    The texture problems came from your uncarefully taken T1 and T2. Take this as a friendly reminder.

I used my flashlights exactly twice in the whole race. So I should be fine acording to the rules. :) No reason to put me out on purpose.

I'm sorry mate :oops:

This is what I do and did.

15. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

I dont think there's a need to argue about it. "Unsafe" written all over that one. That revenge bump is the cherry on the cake.

chksix, Snoeipaard, AndyK70 and 2 others like this.
  16. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I'll comment on only one thing since I haven't watch the video yet. People should stop to getting mad with other drivers flashing lights:
    1) as @Felge Schneider said it's perfectly legal and regulated in the real world
    2) drivers in the real races flash their lights all the times to cars that are racing with
    3) in the sim , especially during the day as 99% of multiplayer race, you almost don't even notice it
    4) if you think that flashing lights are distracting you than it means you are watching too much the rear view mirror

17. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

My 2ct...:
    • Unf is defending very good but also very risky. His move where he moved right after After_Midnight changed line is on the edge. If AM would have been just a bit closer there was a crash for sure. If Unf meets a driver not as good as AM he will be pushed out and blamed for causing the accident. In the other situations the defending is clear and good. To defend choose your line before your opponent does not afterwards, this leads to crashes.
    • The overtake Unf made and changed back to racing line just in front of the car, without leaving any space, right where the braking zone begins is suicidal. As we all should know by now, when you have a 0.2s distance to the car in front before braking and even if you brake at the same time as the other car the distance in meter will not be enough to keep you off his bumper. Unf was lucky the driver he overtook slammed his brakes earlier than him, maybe just because he was shocked Unf moved right in front of his nose. Not a good move by any means.
    • The tap at the exit of the chicane was a "love tap", not unsettling the car and no intention to take Unf out. The revenge was - as it always is - very unsportsmanlike and childish. Luckily Unf shoot himself in the foot.
    • The flashing case is already closed, no more words necessary.

chksix and After_Midnight like this.
  18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I think we must also acknowledge the psychological aspect of "flashing lights".

Which I think this case proves.

I'd put money pro drivers using that, for a possible advantage..

19. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Pros absolutely do it.

I'll admit I will flash someone once, maybe twice if I come up on them and I know I am significantly faster. It can unsettle them and maybe cause a slight mistake, which will give me an opportunity. That said I will only do it once or twice, not be a dick about it.

If you do me dirty in a battle I will flash the crap out of you.

chksix, AndyK70, LATE4APEX and 2 others like this.
  20. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Unf Black flag for that revenge indeed

After_Midnight likes this.